Milk: Do you have trouble watching men kissing men in movies?

scratch

Senate Member
May 20, 2008
Lady of the Island,

You are my kind of gal!

regards,
scratch

--- an aside, I hope your husband is doing well.

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
And, I love westerns, not too old.

Talloola, yes, westerns, with their mindless violence. I would much prefer to have sex in the movies than mindless violence. I would much rather watch two beautiful people having sex than watch a John Wayne movie, or gunfight at the OK Corral.

I think Western is a dying genre, and deservedly so.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island

Talloola, yes, westerns, with their mindless violence. I would much prefer to have sex in the movies than mindless violence. I would much rather watch two beautiful people having sex than watch a John Wayne movie, or gunfight at the OK Corral.

They are just movies, not real war, not sex, simple old fashioned romance, nice photography, beautiful horses, and
handsome cowboys, the newer westerns are very good. Makebelieve. A simple time
usually from the past.
Westerns have been a dying genre for many many years, but they make some good ones
from time to time, and I enjoy them, along with many others.
Everyone to their own tastes.
Violance is always mindless, in any form.

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008

SirJoe:
You've got to be kidding. I realize they are not Gillbert & Sullivan but come on! You would rather watch two beautiful people (I'm sure that includes same sex couples) having sex than a western. Go back and have a good look at some of those old westerns. They shot people but you heard gun fire and saw a man drop. The language is decent - no old shock value of foul words tossed in which are now simply boring and out of place. Most of those old cowboys lived decent lives and long lives. They stayed married and the gossip columns were not full of trash about them. How about Jimmy Stewart? Paul Newman, Robert Redford. There were some great old actors and I for one, miss those great old shows. I liked them and I like true to life stories (not the vile stories) and mystery stories and I like a good scary show - not a blood and guts show. Didn't you watch Tombstone with Val Kilmer and the rest. It was a great show. You are missing out.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
I would much rather watch two beautiful people having sex than watch a John Wayne movie, or gunfight at the OK Corral.
How about two ugly people having sex, anything wrong with that?
The John Wayne movies are very old now, very outdated, but still better than many they
are making today, most movies seem to be aimed at the 15 yr olds.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
SirJoe:
old actors and I for one, miss those great old shows. I liked them and I like true to life stories (not the vile stories) and mystery stories and I like a good scary show - not a blood and guts show. Didn't you watch Tombstone with Val Kilmer and the rest. It was a great show. You are missing out.

Tombstone was great, as well ask wyatt earp, (Keven Costner), and Open Range, Robert Duvall and Keven Kostner, and many others. I'm waiting for 'Austrailia' with nicole kidman, and the
guy who was just voted 'sexiest man alive' by people magazine.
I have all of the Lonesome Dove movies, and they were very good as well.
and, 'into the west'.

scratch

Senate Member
May 20, 2008
They could be Les but regardless it is now an integral part of society and we live with it

Zzarchov

House Member
Aug 28, 2006
Am I the only one truly disturbed that people keep giving lead roles to Sean Penn? The guy butchers potentially good movies.

scratch

Senate Member
May 20, 2008
I must differ with you. Penn is a dichotomous actor. He either stinks or is up for an Academy Award. Go fig.

Zzarchov

House Member
Aug 28, 2006
I differ. He either stinks up the movie , or the movie is so good even he cannot ruin it.

Alot like Tim Burton and the first Batman movie from nearing 20 years ago. Batman is so cool not even Tim Burton could ruin a movie about him. It takes Joel Schumacher to do that.

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
I would much rather watch two beautiful people having sex than watch a John Wayne movie, or gunfight at the OK Corral.
How about two ugly people having sex, anything wrong with that?

There is nothing wrong with it, Talloola, but I don’t want to watch it. I think most people have this bias, they would much rather watch beautiful people than ugly people have sex (or do anything else, for that matter).

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
SirJoe:
You've got to be kidding. I realize they are not Gilbert & Sullivan but come on!

Islandpacific, at one point Sullivan was interested in giving music to a western type comic opera, but he could not find a good lyricist (Gilbert wasn’t interested).