Man stopped by Texas trooper in Canada

NSA

Nominee Member
Jan 20, 2005
Guelph, Ontario
RE: Man stopped by Texas

Observer, Japan doesn't have the death penalty for drug trafficking. Singapore, while a democracy, is one of the most socially-engineered states in the world, they are obsessive about governmental intrusion on people's personal lives. So some people may not think the term "free" really applies there. Just saying.

NSA

Nominee Member
Jan 20, 2005
Guelph, Ontario

Observer, Japan doesn't have the death penalty for drug trafficking. Singapore, while a democracy, is one of the most socially-engineered states in the world, they are obsessive about governmental intrusion on people's personal lives. So some people may not think the term "free" really applies there. Just saying.

Cosmo

House Member
Jul 10, 2004
Victoria, BC
Canadian Observer said:
Meanwhile , Canadians like you gloat over your type of ignorant moral superiority. Reverend .......Learn before you open your Canadian mouth.
Canadian Observer ... We have not yet had the "pleasure" of meeting but my introduction to you has left me with a less than stellar impression.

My question to you: Why would you come to a forum whose attitudes and opinions obviously do not coincide with your own?? We are not of like mind. While I believe in good, rousing debate, your name calling and infantile comments are nothing short of inflammatory. Your apparent attempts at agitation are puerile and irritating. And your evident lack of respect for people here is offensive.

While the Rev is certainly of strong opinions, "ignorant moral superiority" is about the last phrase anyone who has bothered to read his posts would attribute to him. Somewhere along the line of my experience I heard the old saw about when you point a finger at someone you'll find three of your own fingers pointing back at you.

It always fascinates me that people will attend forums solely for the purpose of creating conflict and discord. Do you think your abrasive comments in any way contribute to furthering your causes? Do you believe you can browbeat people into falling in line with your thinking? Can you truly be that ignorant???

The diverse viewpoints expressed in this type of forum are fodder for thoughtful contemplation and articulate expression. They are not a battleground for testosterone poisoned biggots. Your superficial comments lend nothing to the conversation other than providing an excellent contrast to the meaningful debates that are the norm here.

And that, Canadian Observer, is my opinion. :)

As for the American troopers here in Canada? I am apalled. Can you imagine what would happen if an RCMP did the same thing in Texas? Sheesh. The last thing we need up here is American law enforcement. It boggles the mind to think this actually occurred.

Cosmo

House Member
Jul 10, 2004
Victoria, BC
Canadian Observer said:
Meanwhile , Canadians like you gloat over your type of ignorant moral superiority. Reverend .......Learn before you open your Canadian mouth.
Canadian Observer ... We have not yet had the "pleasure" of meeting but my introduction to you has left me with a less than stellar impression.

My question to you: Why would you come to a forum whose attitudes and opinions obviously do not coincide with your own?? We are not of like mind. While I believe in good, rousing debate, your name calling and infantile comments are nothing short of inflammatory. Your apparent attempts at agitation are puerile and irritating. And your evident lack of respect for people here is offensive.

While the Rev is certainly of strong opinions, "ignorant moral superiority" is about the last phrase anyone who has bothered to read his posts would attribute to him. Somewhere along the line of my experience I heard the old saw about when you point a finger at someone you'll find three of your own fingers pointing back at you.

It always fascinates me that people will attend forums solely for the purpose of creating conflict and discord. Do you think your abrasive comments in any way contribute to furthering your causes? Do you believe you can browbeat people into falling in line with your thinking? Can you truly be that ignorant???

The diverse viewpoints expressed in this type of forum are fodder for thoughtful contemplation and articulate expression. They are not a battleground for testosterone poisoned biggots. Your superficial comments lend nothing to the conversation other than providing an excellent contrast to the meaningful debates that are the norm here.

As for the American troopers here in Canada? I am apalled. Can you imagine what would happen if an RCMP did the same thing in Texas? Sheesh. The last thing we need up here is American law enforcement. It boggles the mind to think this actually occurred.

Cosmo

House Member
Jul 10, 2004
Victoria, BC
Canadian Observer said:

Canadian Observer

Nominee Member
Jan 21, 2005
You can't accept contrasting ideas and comments , cosmo ? How is that ?

You cant possibly go on and on and on attacking Americans , good or bad without somebody standing for them.

In your mind Canada is great , The US is not , the Americans are probably morons .

The is US is not perfect and so is Canada.Two different nations. Two different people .
What do you want to achieve by comparing yourselves to the US all the time? Do you a feel a kind of rush or do you think Americans will do things your way -.

or do you feel a sick pleasure out of it ? I say once again , look at the mirror beforehand. Do you see a faultless people and system that you live in ?

Canadian Observer

Nominee Member
Jan 21, 2005

You cant possibly go on and on and on attacking Americans , good or bad without somebody standing for them.

In your mind Canada is great , The US is not , the Americans are probably morons .

The is US is not perfect and so is Canada.Two different nations. Two different people .
What do you want to achieve by comparing yourselves to the US all the time? Do you a feel a kind of rush or do you think Americans will do things your way -.

or do you feel a sick pleasure out of it ? I say once again , look at the mirror beforehand. Do you see a faultless people and system that you live in ?

Canadian Observer

Nominee Member
Jan 21, 2005

Cosmo

House Member
Jul 10, 2004
Victoria, BC
Canadian Observer said:
Of course I can!! What I don't accept is juvenile name calling. I have no problem with your opinions, Canadian Observer, but with the manner in which you approach topics. You are quarrelsome and unpleasant. That is where my issues lie.

I have no idea where you got that impression. I do not attack Americans. How do you know what is in my mind???? You and I have never had a rational discussion. Your presumptuousness is annoying.

FYI ... I happen to enjoy Americans. Whenever I have travelled in the US, I have met wonderful people. Love the accents too! I've also met assholes, but that is true of any society. That I dislike their politics has nothing to do with attacking the individuals who live there. I dislike much of our Canadian politics as well. So what.

My irritation with you stems from your insult of someone I greatly respect and admire in this forum ... the Rev. The man is insightful, kind and has a killer sense of humour. Your rudeness toward him was an affront to me.

If you can't play nice, you must expect to be treated in kind.

Cosmo

House Member
Jul 10, 2004
Victoria, BC
Canadian Observer said:
Of course I can!! What I don't accept is juvenile name calling. I have no problem with your opinions, Canadian Observer, but with the manner in which you approach topics. You are quarrelsome and unpleasant. That is where my issues lie.

I have no idea where you got that impression. I do not attack Americans. How do you know what is in my mind???? You and I have never had a rational discussion. Your presumptuousness is annoying.

FYI ... I happen to enjoy Americans. Whenever I have travelled in the US, I have met wonderful people. Love the accents too! I've also met assholes, but that is true of any society. That I dislike their politics has nothing to do with attacking the individuals who live there. I dislike much of our Canadian politics as well. So what.

My irritation with you stems from your insult of someone I greatly respect and admire in this forum ... the Rev. The man is insightful, kind and has a killer sense of humour. Your rudeness toward him was an affront to me.

Cosmo

House Member
Jul 10, 2004
Victoria, BC
Canadian Observer said:

Canadian Observer

Nominee Member
Jan 21, 2005
I didnt mean you when I said you . You here means American Bashing canadians .

Ive been called an asshole , troll , what have you , I,m just shooting back at those members. I actuallly good natured until provoked by ABc,s ( American bashing canadians) small letter c.

Canadian Observer

Nominee Member
Jan 21, 2005

Ive been called an asshole , troll , what have you , I,m just shooting back at those members. I actuallly good natured until provoked by ABc,s ( American bashing canadians) small letter c.

Canadian Observer

Nominee Member
Jan 21, 2005

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
Define american bashing?? I would say most people here againist the present government of america, that is not the same as disliking americans. Most of us here have american friends, american relatives etc...the one big difference between americans and canadians is that we can laugh at ourselves...you on the other take yourself to seriously. Yes we have jokes about americans, but have them about canadians to. Americans don't find monty phyton funny either...but alot of us do. But you are mistaken when you say we don't like americans.....just like many americans like canadians.

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
Define american bashing?? I would say most people here againist the present government of america, that is not the same as disliking americans. Most of us here have american friends, american relatives etc...the one big difference between americans and canadians is that we can laugh at ourselves...you on the other take yourself to seriously. Yes we have jokes about americans, but have them about canadians to. Americans don't find monty phyton funny either...but alot of us do. But you are mistaken when you say we don't like americans.....just like many americans like canadians.

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow

Canadian Observer

Nominee Member
Jan 21, 2005

there you are , you just said it. You can laugh at yourselves and the Americans...........................

Hey buddy , they have more late night shows than you have up here. Great Canadian comedians move to the US because their talents there are more appreciated. Any more American putdown.

Canadian Observer

Nominee Member
Jan 21, 2005

there you are , you just said it. You can laugh at yourselves and the Americans...........................

Hey buddy , they have more late night shows than you have up here. Great Canadian comedians move to the US because their talents there are more appreciated. Any more American putdown.

Canadian Observer

Nominee Member
Jan 21, 2005