Looking for a variety of new Forums

Ten Packs

Council Member
Nov 21, 2004
Kamloops BC
NOT because of this one - this is fine, and I will be spending more time here from now on. But because I have to end a long-standing relationship, there are a couple of Forums that I will have to stop going to.

I like discussing current events and politics, particularly Canadian vs American, or Western Canadian. I am "middle-of-the-road" (the NDP is often too left for me, but I'm no Steven Harper either). I DO NOT like "America-bashing", but I am not happy with the current US Adminstration either.
As for other areas of conversation, I like to kid around as I get to know folks, and like being kidded back - for instance, I may no bones that I am a 56 year-old bald guy that has foot-long Pony Tail, and don't mind being kidded about it a bit.

I like post funny and weird pics or jokes, sharing pieces of my personal life and things I have done in my life (though there isn't much that's all that exciting), and so on.

I don't like getting into intense Flaming sessions, I'm a generally pretty nice guy, if I do say so.

Any suggestions?

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
I group this forum into "general interest", it has a bit of everything and I like that.

If I am in need of something different, I head over to Somethingawful, hardwarecanucks, digg. extremeoverclocking etc.

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
TenPacks

Why not introduce some topics you would enjoy and work at getting some of the things you would like to discuss installed right here? Or is the conflict here as well?

Forums change all the time - as new members come and go - but old members get the gist of the place and know they can get some new stuff on the board for discussion.....

I know a few but they are U.S. - there are tons of Canadian ones - but as you are sporadic here why not spend more time and get things going for yourself.... you have an investment here after all.

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
I group this forum into "general interest", it has a bit of everything and I like that.

If I am in need of something different, I head over to Somethingawful, hardwarecanucks, digg. extremeoverclocking etc.

Durka - how about Nude Dictators Garage? (joke - I am having to list these now because nobody gets my awful humor...er humour).

Ten Packs

Council Member
Nov 21, 2004
Kamloops BC
Many forums do not show up on Google, could you folks post some links, please?

And no, Curiosity, there is no problem here with anyone, although another person who I know and is a very close friend of the person I have to end things with, DOES know about this Forum. And it's possible the friend may make things very hard for me, when he finds out what I am doing.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
just to avoid any sticky issues with violating the 'no other forum links' rule... feel free to PM the links to Ten. Thanks.

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
I don't advertise other forums here sorry ....

Ten - that's a shame to have a stalker problem....I have one of those ... it isn't pleasant.

Would changing your name help? Something which could be non-gender specific?