Looking Back on the Avro Arrow

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
"I could'a been a contender" might work in the movies. But it doesn't and shouldn't, in military procurement.

That's a standard that even #juan used to have.
So procuring deficient planes like the ones Juan suggested is better than developing a better plane? Interesting.
Gawd forbid the military would ever want anything that would likely prove to be superior.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
What's interesting, is the fabrication you just made, lol.
Even more interesting is the idea that you think a question is relating a fabrication. BTW, it was a question; hence the little squiggly thing at the end of the letters.

The Arrow wasn't superior, lol.
Better climb rate, decidedly supersonic, higher flying, easier to handle, etc. You can ignore the technical aspects that made it a pretty good craft if you wish, but that's up to you.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Even more interesting is the idea that you think a question is relating a fabrication. BTW, it was a question; hence the little squiggly thing at the end of the letters.
:roll:

OK EAO.

Better climb rate, decidedly supersonic, higher flying, easier to handle, etc. You can ignore the technical aspects that made it a pretty good craft if you wish, but that's up to you.
You can ignore the chart previously posted if you like, but that's up to you.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
For what? Myth making?

It worked.

A myth is something like a ghost or a goblin. The Arrow was a real entity......as was the money we spent on it. We have
actual footage of it flying. I personally watched it fly so I know it existed. The myth is your reasoning.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
He's posting in here or are you just myopic?
Nope, and nope. Despite the question mark, the 'question' pertained to nothing I ever stated, and 'interesting' is an interesting qualifier, that sorta negates the whole question thingy.

I don't recall seeing a chart.
Obviously you haven't, or you wouldn't be making all sorts of silly claims.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Or all the could'a been claims made about the Arrow.

The Arrow prototypes were great. They could have been greater. You would understand better
if you had been in the Canadian military at the time of the cancellation. We all know the Arrow is
gone.....never to come back.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
The Arrow prototypes were great.
They didn't beat was already out there over all.

They could have been greater.
So could I, lol.

You would understand better if you had been in the Canadian military at the time of the cancellation.
What a load of sh!t.

Whether I served during that time or not, bears no weight on reality, I'm not an American style nationalist like those that keep harping about the Arrow myth.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
Nope, and nope. Despite the question mark, the 'question' pertained to nothing I ever stated,
Well, you could have just said that to begin with, instead of gibbering about fabrications.
and 'interesting' is an interesting qualifier, that sorta negates the whole question thingy.
I was curious. Not my fault if you don't find curious things interesting.

Obviously you haven't, or you wouldn't be making all sorts of silly claims.
Not silly claims. I am just going by what I read in the links I provided. You're mocking the messenger, silly.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Well, you could have just said that to begin with, instead of gibbering about fabrications.
I'm glad you agree that your 'question' was a based on a fabrication of commentary I never offered., lol.

Not silly claims. I am just going by what I read in the links I provided.
I have links that say the Arrow would still be a technological marvel.

You're mocking the messenger, silly.
Ya, I have a tendency to do that when the messenger starts to make things up about what I've said.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Bear, you've been told over and over that the Arrow in the tests you keep harping had about 30 percent less power than the Iriquois (SP)
and that the Arrows tested were carrying fifteen hundred pounds of lead ballast and you still harp about those bloody charts.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Bear, you've been told over and over that the Arrow in the tests you keep harping had about 30 percent less power than the Iriquois (SP)
and that the Arrows tested were carrying fifteen hundred pounds of lead ballast and you still harp about those bloody charts.
Of course I do. Because what is, is what matters.

Could be don't cut it.

You can live in the lala land of maybe's all you want. I like reality.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
I'm glad you agree that your 'question' was a based on a fabrication of commentary I never offered., lol.
lol Nice try at spin but it failed.

I have links that say the Arrow would still be a technological marvel.
If you post em, I'll read them.

Ya, I have a tendency to do that when the messenger starts to make things up about what I've said.
Questioning is not making things up. Questioning is an attempt at clarification, which I eventually got from you after a post or two of sputtering.

Either way, I'm guessing you didn't read the stuff in the links I provided.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Keep tossing out the logical fallacies. It's funny. ;)
LOL!!!

Oh please do tell me just what logical fallacy I tossed out?

I mean I know I didn't ask a 'question' for clarification, about something you never said, and then qualified that question with the word 'interesting'.

But I really do look forward to the logical fallacy I used, lol.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
LOL!!!

Oh please do tell me just what logical fallacy I tossed out?

I mean I know I didn't ask a 'question' for clarification, about something you never said, and then qualified that question with the word 'interesting'.

But I really do look forward to the logical fallacy I used, lol.
Well, offhand; circular reasoning - the plane was no good because it didn't make it to trials, but it didn't make it to trials because it was cancelled, but it was cancelled because the PTB thought it was no good.
Also, twisting what I did say into something you meant.