Liberals say they will allow provinces to ban handguns, citing rise in gun violence

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
  • Haha
Reactions: Mowich and taxslave

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Reactions: taxslave

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
That's what I was thinking. Make open carry mandatory from Manitoba west. Should drive the leftards nuts.
Been done. Kennesaw, Georgia (responding to Morton Grove, Illinois banning firearms entirely).

Nice to know we have no problems, so the politicians are free to waste their time on performative OUTRAGE!

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Hey look, it's the ol' "Watch us pretend to do something about a problem without actually doing anything" govt bit.
Pfft! Amateurs!

You should see how some of our states pretend to do something about guns!

EXAMPLE: Maryland (my state) has banned the transfer (sale, purchase, or gift) of magazines holding more than ten rounds. This forces me to drive SIX WHOLE MILES (10 km) to Virginia to buy as many high-capacity mags as I want, because bringing them into Maryland is legal as church on Sunday.

• Haha

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Pfft! Amateurs!

EXAMPLE: Maryland (my state) has banned the transfer (sale, purchase, or gift) of magazines holding more than ten rounds. This forces me to drive SIX WHOLE MILES (10 km) to Virginia to buy as many high-capacity mags as I want, because bringing them into Maryland is legal as church on Sunday.
Man. Americans may be armed to to tits but apparently they're shitty shots.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Pfft! Amateurs!

Oh, I wasn't referring to my govt specifically, I meant govts in general. For example, drunk driving used to fall under dangerous/reckless/careless driving. But politicians decided to get "serious" about drunk driving by making it a specific charge. Like that changed a damn thing.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Oh, I wasn't referring to my govt specifically, I meant govts in general. For example, drunk driving used to fall under dangerous/reckless/careless driving. But politicians decided to get "serious" about drunk driving by making it a specific charge. Like that changed a damn thing.
Yep. I'm agreeing with you. "If you don't know what to do about a problem, make up new terms for the same old, failed solutions attempts. If that doesn't work, announce a reorganization." All just ways of looking like you're doing something without the hard work. Pols and executives excel at it.

Reactions: Mowich and taxslave