Let's talk maple syrup...

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Once the crew on my armoured truck were talking about how good "maple syrup" was. Then one commented "Yep, that Aunt Jemima's is really great".....and I lost it.

"Aunt Jemima's!! FFFS, the closest that crap ever got to a maple tree was when it was in the back of a truck going down the highway. Garbage! Brown sugar and water!"

Then I brought them each a small bottle of the real stuff.
Well. . . this one's for you then. . .

• Love
Reactions: Mowich

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
My wife tried to make maple syrup from west coast maples. I think she got the idea from utube. Tasted like shit. She also tried to make beer out of spruce needles. Same result.

• Haha
Reactions: Mowich

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
My wife tried to make maple syrup from west coast maples. I think she got the idea from utube. Tasted like shit. She also tried to make beer out of spruce needles. Same result.
What you need is a good moonshine recipe, more bang for you buck!
The basic is bran fermented with almost any fruit with high sugar content
Then distilled twice......

Last edited:

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
It can be done.
What you need is a good moonshine recipe, more bang for you buck!
The basic is bran fermented with almost any fruit with high sugar content
Then distilled twice......
You gotta use a yeast with amyglucosidase for the grains and champagne yeast for the fruits combined.

High FRUCTOSE fruits not sugar.

With fruit it's wise to use finings as well. The clearer your beer is the smoother the hooch without loss of the aromatic and flavour notes from the fruit will be.