Klein: "Harper too far Right..."

Jo Canadian

Council Member
Mar 15, 2005
PEI...for now

Klein says Harper seen as 'too much on the right,' predicts another Liberal minority

Premier Ralph Klein is predicting another Liberal minority government - two weeks after he offered to campaign for his federal counterparts

Klein, on a speaking tour of eastern Canada, was asked in Halifax on Wednesday whether he expects to see a shift in power in Ottawa after the next federal election - widely expected to launch next week after the Conservatives introduce a no-confidence motion.

"If I were a betting man, I would say there would be another minority," he said. "It's a damn shame. More...

Roy

Electoral Member
Nov 23, 2005
Alberta
yea i think that harper will have a tough time winning an election in canada becuase the people perceive him as too right wing, I mean want to see him throw all his plans and policies out there, otherwise I would never vote for him.

the thing is that I will not be voting Liberal in the next election, and if the Conservatives do not impress me I will not be voting for them either, I will probably be spending election day on my ass watching tv..why put on my jacket and go out in the cold to vote at all.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
I will probably be spending election day on my ass watching tv..why put on my jacket and go out in the cold to vote at all.

There's the protest vote, the strategic vote, the pissed off and spoiled a ballot vote, and the all important giving $1.75 to a party that you support vote. There's always a chance you'll meet a girl at the polls. There's the fact that bars open before the polls close, so you can vote early then sit in the bar and watch the results come in, or you can just watch the stripper jiggle around the stage.

Most of all though, there's the fact that we live in a country where you can vote, so you should take that 20 minutes out of your busy life and give it shot.

Keep in mind that there are lots of parties besides the Liberals and the Conservatives, Roy. If those parties take votes away from the larger parties, then those larger parties want to know why and start comparing policies.

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
Good for you Rev. Shit, did I say that? 8O

A vote is not considered a vote in my opinion unless you have an option to cast a BLANK vote, which basically means you vote for no party. That alone send a powerful message.

Do they have blank votes up there?

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
RE: Klein: "Harper too f

No blank votes, but you can spoil a ballot. Actually, it's illegal to spoil a ballot but there is no way they can catch you. There were some people who ate their ballots last time though, and some of them were charged for it. Very odd behaviour, but they thought it was worthwhile.

Roy

Electoral Member
Nov 23, 2005
Alberta
a BLANK vote, now that would get me off my ass to vote lol.

There's always a chance you'll meet a girl at the polls. There's the fact that bars open before the polls close, so you can vote early then sit in the bar and watch the results come in, or you can just watch the stripper jiggle around the stage.

hey, thats actually a good idea, cast a blank vote then go to a strip club on election night. :lol:

Keep in mind that there are lots of parties besides the Liberals and the Conservatives, Roy.

...yea NDP and Greens, but i am just not of the same view point of those parties. I like economic conservatism, while socially I tend to be more open to change. like I want to have taxes lower, but for all Canadians, not just the rich, ya know.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
yea NDP and Greens, but i am just not of the same view point of those parties. I like economic conservatism, while socially I tend to be more open to change. like I want to have taxes lower, but for all Canadians, not just the rich, ya know.

Then you should have a real look at the Greens' platform. Don't just listen to the rhetoric of other parties. They are pretty close to the PCs. You may also have a Progressive Canadian candidate in your riding...they are they mostly PCs who didn't like the Conservatives stance on social issues after the parties united. You could also have an independent candidate in your area who shares your views.

mrmom2

Senate Member
Mar 8, 2005
Kamloops BC
:lol: I see the good Reverend is still pushing his corupt religion on everyone .The system is totally corupt and nothing short of a revolution is ever going to change it sorry Rev :p I Fecking hate all politicians ,there is no such thing as a honest one anywhere in this country ! :evil:

Ten Packs

Council Member
Nov 21, 2004
Kamloops BC
I'm a strong believer in NOTA (None Of The Above).

It should be law that NOTA is on EVERY ballot.... then we would actually KNOW the numerics involved.

no1important

Time Out
Jan 9, 2003
Vancouver
members.shaw.ca

NOTA should be on every ballot too. If we have to revote to get right person so be it.

I will vote NDP and will be campaigning for Nancy Clegg as well.

I see big scareg Stephen Harper will introduce a non confidence vote today. Newsworld will carry it live. 7 am pacific or 9 am in Winnipeg.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Re: RE: Klein: "Harper too f

no1important said:
The other thing that may help the Libs or NDP outside of Alberta is that Ralphie confirmed by saying "Harper is too right wing" that Harper is an extremist.

The article says Harper is seen as being too right wing.

"If I were a betting man, I would say there would be another minority," he said. "It's a damn shame.

"Maybe the Conservatives would make some gains, but unfortunately, I don't think they're going to do well in Ontario. Maybe I'm wrong. I hope I'm wrong."

Klein said while he views Harper as a "bright, articulate individual, perhaps he's seen as too much on the right."

Hardly Klein calling Harper too right wing.

You know, it is beginning to appear to me that the Left Wing in this country is incredibly dishonest.

They smear the right every chance they get with baseless accusations of racism, or a "secret agenda'" of destroying Medicare. Then, when some people fall for the big lie, they use their fear as evidence that their lies are truth. Double think in it's purest form.

They misquote and play misleading word games.

They never discuss the issues in a serious, intelligent manner. They just want to smear and mislead. It is NOT a pretty sight.

Your title on this thread is a case in point.

MMMike

Council Member
Mar 21, 2005
Toronto
You definitely have to get out to vote. It's your civic duty. Don't you want some say in how this country is run, and how your taxdollars are wasted? If you want to send a statement that you don't like any of the choices, you should decline your ballot, not spoil it though.

no1important

Time Out
Jan 9, 2003
Vancouver
members.shaw.ca

You know, it is beginning to appear to me that the Left Wing in this country is incredibly dishonest.

They smear the right every chance they get with baseless accusations of racism, or a "secret agenda'" of destroying Medicare. Then, when some people fall for the big lie, they use their fear as evidence that their lies are truth. Double think in it's purest form.

They never discuss the issues in a serious, intelligent manner. They just want to smear and mislead. It is NOT a pretty sight.

:roll: Thanks for my morning chuckle Colpy.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Re: RE: Klein: "Harper too f

no1important said:

:roll:
:roll: :roll: ( that means I second that :wink:

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Reverend Blair said:
:roll: indeed, No 1. Considering the ineffectual spin games that Colpy has tried to play in another thread, his accusations are laughable.

Thanks for proving my point, Rev.

On the other thread I am simply asking you to back up your accusations that Harper, his advisor Flanagan, and therefore the CPC are inherently racist with a "secret agenda" to do away with public healthcare. I asked for quotes from these to individuals to prove your point.

You replied with spin, and a massive amount of BS from people other than the leadership of the party.

You have completely failed to discredit Harper, Flanagan, or the party, so in desperation you have turned to personal insult.

You make my point.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg

You lose, Colpy. I've provided many, many quotes by people from within your party. They show that prejudice, bigotry, racial and religious intolerance, and a move to privatise healthcare are prominent within your party ranks.

I also posted a response by native leaders to Flanagan's book asking that Stephen Harper clarify his own position and his relationship to Flanagan. Tom the Indian-hater is still at the top of the party.

Andygal

Electoral Member
May 13, 2005
BC

I will vote NDP.

In my opinion if you don't vote you have no right to complain about the government. You had your oppurtunity to get your views represented and you didn't take it.

I figure I have a moral obligation to vote and to support the party that I believe in.