Judge Denies Bail for Convoy Leader over Intention to Cause Harm

bill barilko

Senate Member
Mar 4, 2009
Vancouver-by-the-Sea
....they put a whole bunch of conditions on her bail including not to associate with certain other people. Some of those other people were at the same event and she let herself be photographed with those people thus the revocation of bail. I wish they put this much effort in tracking all the other criminals out on bail that they do not breach any of their conditions,
Don't bother with the dense limited old fools posting here they just don't get it and never will.

I'm sure they applaud this sort of lawbreaking though it's just their sour old style.

'It's intimidation': Judge faces threats after Freedom Convoy hearings​

'You feel vulnerable in your house, in your own home,' judge tells Radio-Canada​

Protesters gather on Parliament Hill on Jan. 29, 2022, during the 'Freedom Convoy' and three-week occupation of downtown Ottawa. (Adrian Wyld/Canadian Press)
One of the judges who presided over the court hearings of Freedom Convoy organizers is speaking out after receiving threats considered serious enough to require police intervention, according to information obtained by Radio-Canada and CBC.
The judge in question confirmed that supporters of the convoy from Canada and the United States sent several offensive messages, but the message that prompted police to react threatened their physical safety, the judge said.
It's intimidation. It's trying to influence a court decision, and that's serious.- Judge who is not being identified due to safety concerns
CBC has agreed to withhold the judge's identity to protect their safety.
"I thought, should I tell my children not to come home for a while?" the judge said.
"I changed my alarm system. I was advised not to take the same route every day," the judge added. "You feel vulnerable in your house, in your own home."

Police enforce an injunction against protesters on Parliament Hill on Feb. 19, 2022. (Evan Mitsui/CBC)
The judge believes most Canadians respect the justice system, but said a vocal minority is seeking to undermine it.
"It's intimidation. It's trying to influence a court decision, and that's serious," the judge said.
Supreme Court of Canada Chief Justice Richard Wagner expressed similar concerns in a recent speech in Montreal.
"The pandemic has forced many people to live online during lockdowns. And it is at times like these that lies and conspiracies spread like wildfire," Wagner said in French on June 9.
"As we have seen around the world, disinformation poses a real threat to democratic institutions."
The demonstrations that took place in Ottawa this winter stemmed in part from this disinformation, Wagner said. He encouraged people to "inform, instruct and educate" their fellow citizens.

Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of Canada Richard Wagner, pictured here at a news conference in 2021, warned in a recent speech that 'disinformation poses a real threat to democratic institutions.' (Justin Tang/Canadian Press)

Ministry silent on further threats​

Ontario's Ministry of the Attorney General would not say if any other judges have received threats from Freedom Convoy supporters.
"It would be inappropriate for the ministry to comment on a potential or ongoing police investigation," wrote ministry spokesperson Brian Gray in an email to Radio-Canada.
He wrote that the ministry "takes court security and the safety of all those in our courthouses ... very seriously," and that local police or Ontario Provincial Police provide security "to ensure the highest level of protection."
The Ontario Court of Justice and the Ontario Superior Court of Justice both declined to comment, saying it would be inappropriate to do so.
CBC News reached out to a number of key figures of the weeks-long demonstration in Ottawa, but requests for comment were either declined or went unanswered.
No charges have been laid in this matter. It's not known whether the investigation is ongoing at this time, and police would not comment.

• Haha
Reactions: taxslave

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
From what I understand they put a whole bunch of conditions on her bail including not to associate with certain other people. Some of those other people were at the same event and she let herself be photographed with those people thus the revocation of bail. I wish they put this much effort in tracking all the other criminals out on bail that they do not breach any of their conditions, Might have a few less murders and stuff. Protesting against the TrueDope is worse than double murder.
But since when does the government of the day set conditions , is that not the job of a free and independent court ?

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Don't bother with the dense limited old fools posting here they just don't get it and never will.

I'm sure they applaud this sort of lawbreaking though it's just their sour old style.

'You feel vulnerable in your house, in your own home,' judge tells Radio-Canada​

Protesters gather on Parliament Hill on Jan. 29, 2022, during the 'Freedom Convoy' and three-week occupation of downtown Ottawa. (Adrian Wyld/Canadian Press)
One of the judges who presided over the court hearings of Freedom Convoy organizers is speaking out after receiving threats considered serious enough to require police intervention, according to information obtained by Radio-Canada and CBC.
The judge in question confirmed that supporters of the convoy from Canada and the United States sent several offensive messages, but the message that prompted police to react threatened their physical safety, the judge said.
It's intimidation. It's trying to influence a court decision, and that's serious.- Judge who is not being identified due to safety concerns
"I thought, should I tell my children not to come home for a while?" the judge said.
"I changed my alarm system. I was advised not to take the same route every day," the judge added. "You feel vulnerable in your house, in your own home."

Police enforce an injunction against protesters on Parliament Hill on Feb. 19, 2022. (Evan Mitsui/CBC)
The judge believes most Canadians respect the justice system, but said a vocal minority is seeking to undermine it.
"It's intimidation. It's trying to influence a court decision, and that's serious," the judge said.
Supreme Court of Canada Chief Justice Richard Wagner expressed similar concerns in a recent speech in Montreal.
"The pandemic has forced many people to live online during lockdowns. And it is at times like these that lies and conspiracies spread like wildfire," Wagner said in French on June 9.
"As we have seen around the world, disinformation poses a real threat to democratic institutions."
The demonstrations that took place in Ottawa this winter stemmed in part from this disinformation, Wagner said. He encouraged people to "inform, instruct and educate" their fellow citizens.

Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of Canada Richard Wagner, pictured here at a news conference in 2021, warned in a recent speech that 'disinformation poses a real threat to democratic institutions.' (Justin Tang/Canadian Press)

Ontario's Ministry of the Attorney General would not say if any other judges have received threats from Freedom Convoy supporters.
"It would be inappropriate for the ministry to comment on a potential or ongoing police investigation," wrote ministry spokesperson Brian Gray in an email to Radio-Canada.
He wrote that the ministry "takes court security and the safety of all those in our courthouses ... very seriously," and that local police or Ontario Provincial Police provide security "to ensure the highest level of protection."
The Ontario Court of Justice and the Ontario Superior Court of Justice both declined to comment, saying it would be inappropriate to do so.
CBC News reached out to a number of key figures of the weeks-long demonstration in Ottawa, but requests for comment were either declined or went unanswered.
No charges have been laid in this matter. It's not known whether the investigation is ongoing at this time, and police would not comment.

Very good story , and that is exactly how it sounds like a story .

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek

So I take it you are just fine with the 2 tier justice system we have then?

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons

Kind'a funny how you're upset that the courts and judges that had anything to do with prosecuting members of the Freedom Convoy are being threatened because Trudeau is abusing the justice system to persecute people who had the fucking temerity to protest the govt in what is SUPPOSED to be a free fucking country.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Just try and find me other examples of a Canada wide warrant for breach of conditions on a mischief charge .

bill barilko

Senate Member
Mar 4, 2009
Vancouver-by-the-Sea
More Old Fool wishful thinking

The Freedom Convoy is back everyone! After making Ottawa the most exciting place to have racial slurs screamed at you back in February, they are planning to return to protest on Canada Day. But since most of the things they demanded last time, like the end of mask mandates and vaccine passports, have already happened, we asked them what they were hoping to accomplish this time around. Here is what they said:

-Go past making masks not mandatory and make them illegal. Yes this applies to doctors performing surgery.

-All vaccinated people must be regularly tested to see if they are developing X-Men style superpowers.

-End the 14 day quarantine rule for unvaccinated travellers. Give them free tickets/passes to all festivals and concerts happening in their area during the 14 days after they return. Including VIP backstage passes if it’s Rascal Flatts or Morgan Wallen.

-Find some kind of cure or “vaccine” taking away powers from any super powered individuals discovered. Make it mandatory that they take it.

-All reports describing how harmful Long Covid is going to be for society to be immediately flushed down toilet. Including the computers the reports were written on.

-Create camps for any super powered individual who refuses the cure or whose body rejects it. Force them to live there.

-Arrest Justin Trudeau and his Cabinet. Try them for treason. Execute them. AKA “the usual.”

-Team up with “good” vaccine super powered people to take on Magneto after he infiltrates camp and leads a rebellion of “bad” vaccine super-powered people. Learn lesson about humanity and our need to “other” people. Also maybe Dark Phoenix shows up.

Now some of these may be a bit of a stretch. But remember, they did get basically everything they wanted last time!

• Haha

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
I hear there's gonna be another Twuck Tantwum in Ottawa.

Fine by me. The Twucktards have a right to protest, and any Ottawan who feels that her or his life is in danger from a spittle flecked Twucktard has the right to shoot it.

bill barilko

Senate Member
Mar 4, 2009
Vancouver-by-the-Sea

Freedom Convoy just wants the freedom to murder judges​

OTTAWA – One of the judges who presided over the court hearings of the Freedom Convoy organisers is facing threats from the Convoy’s supporters, who insist that they just want to exercise their God-given freedom to execute the government employees they don’t like.

“As a Canadian, I have every right to reject a lifesaving miracle of science, harass and intimidate Ottawa neighbourhoods for weeks on end, and circumvent the judicial process with violent threats,” one Convoy participant said. “It’s in the Constitution, I think, or maybe the Charter. I don’t know, one of those things with all the words.”

While the threats were deemed serious enough to require police intervention, Convoy supporters insisted that the movement remains committed to the free and democratic exchange of anonymous malice.

“If you say that the legal process should be respected because it’s the bedrock of civil society, and I say that any government stooge who stands in our way should be dragged out into the streets and shot, aren’t we just having a spirited debate, you fucking traitorous scumbag?” another supporter inquired.
The threats coincided with the arrest of key Convoy organiser Tamara Lich, who allegedly violated her bail conditions.

“I won’t apologise for ignoring the consequences of my actions,” Lich said. “Canadians can never be truly free as long as we are forced to acknowledge that our decisions affect the lives of other human beings.”

“I, for one, am not going to live in fear. It’s fine if other people do, though.”
Several Convoy participants are planning a new protest on Canada Day, although they have promised to respect any police officers who once again do not attempt to enforce the rule of law.

“Just because we want to murder a judge it doesn’t mean we want to murder all judges,” one supporter said. “Our only issue is with the ones who try to hold us accountable.”

The terrorised judge in question could not be reached for comment, as they were busy exercising their freedom to buy a new home security system, disguise their route to work, and update their will.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.

Freedom Convoy just wants the freedom to murder judges​

OTTAWA – One of the judges who presided over the court hearings of the Freedom Convoy organisers is facing threats from the Convoy’s supporters, who insist that they just want to exercise their God-given freedom to execute the government employees they don’t like.

“As a Canadian, I have every right to reject a lifesaving miracle of science, harass and intimidate Ottawa neighbourhoods for weeks on end, and circumvent the judicial process with violent threats,” one Convoy participant said. “It’s in the Constitution, I think, or maybe the Charter. I don’t know, one of those things with all the words.”

While the threats were deemed serious enough to require police intervention, Convoy supporters insisted that the movement remains committed to the free and democratic exchange of anonymous malice.

“If you say that the legal process should be respected because it’s the bedrock of civil society, and I say that any government stooge who stands in our way should be dragged out into the streets and shot, aren’t we just having a spirited debate, you fucking traitorous scumbag?” another supporter inquired.
The threats coincided with the arrest of key Convoy organiser Tamara Lich, who allegedly violated her bail conditions.

“I won’t apologise for ignoring the consequences of my actions,” Lich said. “Canadians can never be truly free as long as we are forced to acknowledge that our decisions affect the lives of other human beings.”

“I, for one, am not going to live in fear. It’s fine if other people do, though.”
Several Convoy participants are planning a new protest on Canada Day, although they have promised to respect any police officers who once again do not attempt to enforce the rule of law.

“Just because we want to murder a judge it doesn’t mean we want to murder all judges,” one supporter said. “Our only issue is with the ones who try to hold us accountable.”

The terrorised judge in question could not be reached for comment, as they were busy exercising their freedom to buy a new home security system, disguise their route to work, and update their will.

The Beaverton again .