Joe Biden

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
If that was under Trump people would be crowing until the end of time.

Compile that with all the other 'showings' of the economy...

Yeah, immigration is going to kill him at the ballot box because who cares about the economy.
I don't think Trump should be allowed on the ballot, but that's neither here nor there. Trump will have to drop dead not to be on the ballot.
Biden and the Democrats are in trouble.
A big percentage of that is self-inflicted.

Reactions: petros and Serryah

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
word limit :(

Attachments

• Biden angrily pushes back at special counsel’s report that questioned his memory, handling of ...txt
    11.1 KB · Views: 0

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Biden calls Egyptian leader 'president of Mexico' while defending mental state
Author of the article:postmedia News
Published Feb 08, 2024 • 2 minute read

How dare anyone raise questions about his mental sharpness, Joe Biden opined during an impromptu White House news conference on Thursday night.

And then, as if to underscore why he was there in the first place, the U.S. president confused the leaders of Mexico and Egypt.

“I think as you know initially, the president of Mexico, (Abdel Fattah) el-Sisi, did not want to open up the gate to humanitarian material to get in. I talked to him. I convinced him to open the gate,” Biden said while fielding a question about the humanitarian situation in Gaza, referring to the Egyptian president.

It was the latest in a long list of blunders to haunt the president, causing voters and politicians alike to question his ability to lead.

On Thursday night, Biden rebutted a special counsel report that offered a harsh assessment of his memory and recall abilities. He pushed back against conclusions from special counsel Robert Hur that the president presented during an interview with investigators as “a sympathetic, well-meaning, elderly man with a poor memory.”

Said Biden sarcastically: “My memory’s fine. Take a look at what I’ve done since I became president … how did that happen? I guess I just forgot what was going on,” Biden said.

And then he promptly went off the rails with his Mexico mix-up.

Biden also pushed back on the special counsel’s claim that he disclosed classified information and then grew emotional when it was suggested he had forgotten when his son had died from cancer.

“How the hell dare he raise that,” Biden said. “I don’t need anyone to remind me of when he passed away.”

The report by the Justice Department said investigators working for Hur found Biden had knowingly stored and disclosed classified information that was kept at his homes in Virginia and Delaware, but stopped short of charging him with any crimes.

Biden, 81, was described as also forgetting when his term as vice-president ended and details of critical foreign policy debates during the Barack Obama administration.

“My memory is fine,” Biden said. “I’m the most qualified person in this country to be president of the United States and finish the job I started.”

Yet his latest public screw-up had many on social media suggesting otherwise.

“(Vladimir) Putin just spent 28+ minutes going through 100s of years of Eastern European history without a single note on him,” one X user posted in reference to the Russian president’s interview with Tucker Carlson. “Biden has no clue what he ate for lunch. Utterly terrifying.”

Another X user and political commentator posted: “Dear President (Donald) Trump. Congratulations, sir! You just locked up the Presidency after Joe Biden’s incoherent press conference tonight.”

The latest gaffe came on the heels of Biden confusing European leaders with their long-dead counterparts.

Biden is seeking a second term. Voters have said his age ranks as one of their biggest concerns ahead of a likely rematch with former president Trump, 77, in November.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Michelle Obama as VP to Biden? Or Michelle Obama as Prez & Kamala Harris as VP for the Dems? Kamala Harris as Prez & Michele Obama as VP? How does this mix?

Michelle Obama & Kamala Harris as Co-Prez’s & Joe Biden as VP? Assuming some above mix in that triad, & assuming Trump goes to jail or dies or whatever, whom would be the best leader in Canada that could play well with whomever comes out on top in the country geographically below us?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Michelle Obama as VP to Biden? Or Michelle Obama as Prez & Kamala Harris as VP for the Dems? Kamala Harris as Prez & Michele Obama as VP? How does this mix?

Michelle Obama & Kamala Harris as Co-Prez’s & Joe Biden as VP? Assuming some above mix in that triad, & assuming Trump goes to jail or dies or whatever, whom would be the best leader in Canada that could play well with whomever comes out on top in the country geographically below us?
Big Mike thread

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Will anyone tell Joe Biden he just ended his political career?
Biden held a news conference to say his memory was fine but then got confused.

Author of the article:Brian Lilley
Published Feb 09, 2024 • Last updated 2 days ago • 3 minute read

Joe Biden effectively ended his presidential re-election campaign Thursday night.

Biden spoke with reporters at the White House after a damning report which questioned his memory and ability to recall facts. It was a disaster.

In trying to convince the world that his memory is just fine, Biden had an argumentative news conference with the media and then spoke about how Mexico’s president wouldn’t open the border with Gaza.

The strange thing is, the report wasn’t an evaluation about Biden’s neurological health, it was the special prosecutor’s report into Biden taking classified documents with him when he left office as vice-president in early 2017. Just as Trump did when he left the White House, Biden took files with him when he departed his second term as vice-president, but the special counsel appointed to investigate recommended not charging Biden because a jury would be unlikely to convict.

“Mr. Biden will likely present himself to the jury, as he did during his interview with our office, as a sympathetic, well-meaning, elderly man with a poor memory,” the report said.

On Thursday night, Biden presented himself to Americans, during a prime-time news conference carried on live TV, as a sympathetic, well-meaning, elderly man with a poor memory.

“I think, as you know initially, the president of Mexico, El-Sisi, did not want to open up the gate to humanitarian material to get in. I talked to him. I convinced him to open the gate,” Biden said referring to the Rafah Gate that connects Gaza to Egypt.

It’s the third time this week that Biden has done that.

At a Wednesday event in New York, Biden was telling a story about how former German Chancellor Angela Merkel asked him about the 2020 election, but he said it was Helmut Kohl, who died in 2017. On Sunday, he confused French President Emanuel Macron with the late president Francois Mitterrand, who died in 1996.

“How bad is your memory?” was the second question Biden got.

“My memory is so bad I let you speak,” he replied to the journalist, sounding argumentative.

It wasn’t the only time.

The knock against Biden isn’t that he’s 81 — he’ll be 82 just after the next election, it’s that he’s not up to the job anymore. This isn’t a question of ageism, it is a question about competency and many more Americans will have those questions after this report and this news conference than had them at the start of the week.

There has been a whisper campaign among Democrats about Biden’s mental state and abilities for more than a year now. There have been countless stories written about who could replace Biden as the nominee and, hint, it’s not generally thought that Vice-President Kamala Harris would be the pick.

When it comes to communicating a message, Harris makes Biden look like he hasn’t lost a step. She is hopeless at delivering a speech, at putting forward a policy, and Democrats, like most Americans, have not warmed to her.

Obvious choices like California Governor Gavin Newsom have said they aren’t interested in the job, that Biden is the nominee, which is what any candidate says until the job opens up.

Other names that have been floated include New York Congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, one of the leaders of the far-left faction known as The Squad. Michigan Governor Gretchen Whitmer’s name has been mentioned, as has Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg.

But the only one likely to have the star power to take on Trump, who will win the Republican nomination, is Newsom. The problem for Newsom is that his popularity in California has taken a beating with his approval rating sinking even as he becomes more popular nationally.

That would likely change in a general election, and he might be able to battle Trump for swing voters looking for a change.

Bottom line, after Thursday, the idea of swapping Biden out for a new candidate is an idea that has new life, unlike the current president.

blilley@postmedia.com

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Are you funding this?

Reactions: Twin_Moose