It's the Sun, Stupid.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
Yes well if you could be so kind as to inform the audience as to the science underlying the suspension of clouds in earths atmosphere. They will be very impressed to learn how hot air can hold up millions of tons of frozen water (possibly ice).

Around here, we learn this stuff in grade 4 and 5. Perhaps you could go to your nearest elementary school and see what you could learn.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Atmospheric Back-radiation – Maxwell vs Planck

Posted on December 29, 2010 by Louis Hissink
Frank Davis has posted an interesting comment on the measured atmospheric IR back radiation here.
Of course the IR back radiation is real and it doesn’t come from CO2 or other trace gases but from the pervasive electric currents passing through the earth’s atmosphere.
At any one moment in time lightning occurs on the earth’s surface and are electrical short circuits between the earth and space plasma it’s immersed in. In addition to those “shorts” electric current also moves into and out of the earth to create the electrical charge that produces the earth’s ambient electric field. Low pressure systems that often develop into tropical hurricanes, typhoons or cyclones could be the focus of electric currents coming from the Van Allen Belts operating in the plasma dark current mode which, via the associated Birkeland currents, create the rotational motion characteristic of those systems. Winds, especially those which stop and start rapidly, and hence inexplicable in terms of thermal fluid dynamics, could also be the result of atmospheric electric currents.
This interpretation is conjectural but it’s important to realise that all electric currents passing through matter generate IR radiation, and in terms of the physics of the plasma universe, atmospheric down welling IR is more likely to be produced by electric currents, than from minute quantities of CO2 in that air.

Sprinkle a bit of pseudo-science into a large pot of utter bs, and you can fool a lot of people quickly.

It's been done to you, and I imagine the effort was minimal. Forking luddite!

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
Wow, grade 8 science blows the beave out of the basement.

The irony is thick here, almost rivaling the posters cranial dimension, even so he does appreciate the level of mainstream discourse.

Hemisphere-wide blast on the Sun. Credit: Solar Dynamics Observatory.

A New Order of Magnitude
Jan 05, 2010

The scale and significance of solar electromagnetic disturbances is being reevaluated.
“The medium is the message. This is merely to say that the personal and social consequences of any medium—that is, of any extension of ourselves—result from the new scale that is introduced into our affairs by each extension of ourselves, or by any new technology.”
--- Marshall McLuhan
According to a recent press release, an immense eruption on the Sun encompassed almost an entire hemisphere. The extraordinary plasma discharge prompted this response from Karel Schrijver of Lockheed Martin's Solar and Astrophysics Lab in Palo Alto, California: "The August 1st event really opened our eyes. We see that solar storms can be global events, playing out on scales we scarcely imagined before."
The massive coronal mass ejection (CME) demonstrated that solar explosions are interconnected by magnetic fields reaching out for thousands of miles. The Great Eruption (as it was called) was composed of several smaller components: solar flares, filaments, and CMEs that spanned 180 degrees of solar longitude and lasted for 28 hours.
CMEs typically spew plasma in the billions of tons throughout the Solar System. A signature of CME ejections is an increase in auroral brightness and frequency on Earth. The ejections are composed of charged particles, and are attracted to and follow Earth's polar magnetic cusps. A few CMEs have been observed to leave the Sun with unexpected acceleration: velocities more than 70,000 kilometers per second have been clocked.
The fact that events on the Sun should be influenced by one another does not seem surprising when the Electric Star model is considered. Magnetic fields have been detected in galaxies, meaning that electric currents must flow through them in circuits. There is no other way to create a magnetic field other than the movement of electric current in a conductive medium.
Magnetic forces constrict currents into filaments, which twist around each other and "pinch" galactic plasma into balls, pulling matter together until internal pressure balances the so-called "electromagnetic z-pinch" pressure. This pinch effect is far more powerful than gravity, and can gather matter from hundreds of light-years away, forming stars like beads along the galactic filaments.
The surface of a star like the Sun generates multiple loop structures that rise up from its surface and penetrate its plasma sheath, or double layer region of the Sun, where most of its electrical energy is contained. When the current flowing into the Sun's plasma sheath increases beyond a certain point it can trigger a sudden release of energy, otherwise known as a CME.
As Electric Universe advocate Don Scott makes clear, powerful looping electric currents generate secondary toroidal magnetic fields. If the current grows too strong, the plasma double layer is destroyed. That event interrupts the current flow and the stored electromagnetic energy is blasted into space.
It is not surprising to Electric universe proponents that conditions on the Sun are governed by interconnected magnetic fields, and, by extension, electric currents.
Stephen Smith

Ahh, the master of circular nonsense.

Adiabtic processes are the result of a change in pressure.

You and your electric universe crap. You'll latch onto anything that isn't mainstream, no matter how hair-brained the idea, and no matter how poor the evidence.

Predictable beaver.

Have some respect for the observable Tonnington. Those magnetic fields are certainly not the product of my imagination and neither is their electric companion.

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
Re: It's the Sun, Stupi

Have some respect for the observable Tonnington. Those magnetic fields are certainly not the product of my imagination...

No, the product of your imagination is the importance and the applicability of those fields to unrelated phenomenon.

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006

There are no unrelated phenomenon to the fundamental state of matter.

Discrete categories can be related without being applicable to specific phenomenon associated with others. If we follow your logic, then your mere existence alone explains why banks act the way you say they do.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006

Discrete categories can be related without being applicable to specific phenomenon associated with others. If we follow your logic, then your mere existence alone explains why banks act the way you say they do.

Yes that is correct about the banks. The fact of the mere existence of the consuming masses explains perfectly why the psychopathic bankers act as they do, regardless of what I say, those facts are a matter of red and black entries.
As I understand things no mater or energy exists that is not applicable to electromagnetic plasma. If it has no electrical connection it does not exist. That's the way I think about everything now. In other words everything is basically an electric coffee pot some simpler some more complex but all built on the one basic universal force. It is the unified field Albert spent life obscuring. IMSO

Last edited:

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa

Yes that is correct about the banks. The fact of the mere existence of the consuming masses explains perfectly why the psychopathic bankers act as they do, regardless of what I say, those facts are a matter of red and black entries.
As I understand things no mater or energy exists that is not applicable to electromagnetic plasma. If it has no electrical connection it does not exist. That's the way I think about everything now. In other words everything is basically an electric coffee pot some simpler some more complex but all built on the one basic universal force. It is the unified field Albert spent life obscuring. IMSO

Too bad the banks can't charge for free energy like the sun, yet you promote the dirty energy they can charge for.

Funny.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006

Too bad the banks can't charge for free energy like the sun, yet you promote the dirty energy they can charge for.

Funny.

It' s too bad that you don't know that banks live and breath on free energy, your's. That's right you are a simple biological solar conversion unit for a banker. You promote arse boils Avro.

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006

As I understand things no mater or energy exists that is not applicable to electromagnetic plasma.

You're working backwards if you think this proves causation. Not terribly surprising. More nonsense. This kind of logic leads one to claim that the cost of damage from a fire is dependent on the number of fire fighters fighting said fire. A variable is missing, and when you include the missing variable, this association between the number of fire fighters and the costliness of the fire is no longer valid.

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006

Turns out I was wrong. See where Easterbrook labeled this chart as years before present (2000 AD) ? I had earlier stated that the ice core only goes to 95 years before present, and that this graph is pure misrepresentation by Easterbrook as the data only commences 95 years ago. But in fact, this data comes from a paleo-climate convention, stating that present is the year 1950. So in fact, the data only go as far as 1855 in the GISP2 ice core!

Updated data from this paper:
AMS Journals Online - Greenland Ice Sheet Surface Air Temperature Variability: 1840–2007*

produces a figure that looks like this:

Approximately 0.75 degrees warmer than the previous high temperature for this interglacial on Greenland!

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006

You're working backwards if you think this proves causation. Not terribly surprising. More nonsense. This kind of logic leads one to claim that the cost of damage from a fire is dependent on the number of fire fighters fighting said fire. A variable is missing, and when you include the missing variable, this association between the number of fire fighters and the costliness of the fire is no longer valid.

You're working from the exact same direction as I am and yet you're uninformed enough not to realize it. That is pathetic indeed. You're an avowed exponent of thermal climate driving caused by the alleged reflective ability of CO2, I also believe in the solar driver but I'm able to measure the current, map the magnetic fields of earth, gauge their strength and conclusively tie weather phenomena directly with electrical field. Tornadoes on mars are common, huge continental sand storms happen regularly on the same planet all without an appreciable atmosphere in fact the atmosphere could not make wind to move a feather. CO2 is caused by heat it does not cause heat.
You are funny, and the fire department analogy is funny because you're the one missing the near infinite and universal variable, but you ignore it even as you use it to communicate your rediculous religious CO2 convictions. You are missing the principal variable electricity, so don't take your air guitar so seriously.

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006

You're working from the exact same direction as I am and yet you're uninformed enough not to realize it. That is pathetic indeed. You're an avowed exponent of thermal climate driving caused by the alleged reflective ability of CO2

Wrong, the absorptive ability. Gases and aerosols which reflect have a negative radiative forcing, not a positive radiative forcing. And there is actual evidence of this. You can perform experiments yourself with simple equipment.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006

Wrong, the absorptive ability. Gases and aerosols which reflect have a negative radiative forcing, not a positive radiative forcing. And there is actual evidence of this. You can perform experiments yourself with simple equipment.

I'm not disputing that. I am suggesting that the overwhelming strength of electric fields renders the gas model inconsequential as a forcing mechanism, this is the obvious bit that must be the base of any functional climate model. "Negative radiative forcing" please please please now you are introducing naked science fiction. Heat moves one way only. At least you argue very well.

Last edited:

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006

I'm not disputing that. I am suggesting that the overwhelming strength of electric fields renders the gas model inconsequential as a forcing mechanism, this is the obvious bit that must be the base of any functional climate model.

Well your suggestion is without merit. As I said, there are experiments you can perform all by yourself to show the radiative impact. You can even have controls so that you're sure that the only variable that has changed is the concentration of greenhouse gas.

Your blog science isn't really science. Suggestions are not results. Come back when you have results disproving over one hundred years of experiments in physics labs.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
« New Research Indicates That 80% of Modern Global Warming Is Due To Increased Solar Activity | Main »
New Year Brings Devestating News To AGW Alarmists: New Research Shows Little CO2 & Warming Correlation

Read here. A new peer-reviewed study finds little, if any, causal relationship between increased fossil fuel CO2 emissions and global warming. This lack of empirical evidence is of no real surprise to skeptics, and probably is the best explanation as to why climate agencies across the world have been forced to fabricate fake global warming.
This study also indicates why the IPCC's global climate models consistently fail: the models assume human CO2 causes global warming, which this study finds to be false.
"The main conclusion one arrives at the analysis is that CO2 has not a causal relation with global warming and it is not powerful enough to cause the historical changes in temperature that were observed. The main argument is the absence of immediate correlation between CO2 changes preceding temperature either for global or local changes.....The anthropogenic wasting of fossil fuel CO2 to the atmosphere shows no relation with the temperature changes even in an annual basis. The absence of immediate relation between CO2 and temperature is evidence that rising its mix ratio in the atmosphere will not imply more absorption and time residence of energy over the Earth surface.....The main implication is that temperature increase predictions based on CO2 driving models are not reliable." [Paulo Cesar Soares 2010: International Journal of Geosciences]

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
That is a large pile of crap. Temperature correlations with carbon dioxide? The forcing factor for carbon dioxide is small, while the forcing factor for seasonal changes, and internal variables like ENSO are huge. The auto-correlation will be dominated by this natural variability, unless you filter out those signals, which Soares never does. Also, he makes several references to increased solar activity, without ever providing a reference, or figure. If you don't eliminate the variance associated with any of these other exogenous factors, then you can't be sure that the correlation you're testing is between one variable and another at all.

It's analogous to using a hammer to fix a micro-processor.

Unsurprising that this result was touted at µWatts.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006

Well your suggestion is without merit. As I said, there are experiments you can perform all by yourself to show the radiative impact. You can even have controls so that you're sure that the only variable that has changed is the concentration of greenhouse gas.

Your blog science isn't really science. Suggestions are not results. Come back when you have results disproving over one hundred years of experiments in physics labs.

The science that I follow is so sound that it is used everyday in practicle applications and the products used by literally billions of people on this planet, plasma science is working science. It would seem that you are unaware of that. The prime energy variable, solar electromagnetic, cannot ever be excluded from climate models, models that do exclude that powerful force quite simply cannot be anything other than completely bogus despite your protestations.CO2 follows temperature. There are no greenhouse gases and there is no bloody greenhouse.