It's Kamala

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
I wonder as well, I will admit that back in the day of his show The Apprentice I liked him and thought him to be a smart savvy guy. But soon realized that I was seeing him as the network wished to portray him strictly for ratings. In time I came to my senses and saw him for the cruel person he really is. So I think there are many people who see him only as Fox News and OANN etc. portray him and will look to no other source to form an opinion. Since Trump, there are no American values. I don't believe I have seen, in my time, a more divided USA than the one we see today. It truly is sad to see what that country has become. The shining city on a hill has been reduced to a smoldering pit.
that is very well articulated. and agree. It is sad and it is stunning to watch it happen in real time. All that potential.

Where is the outrage?? Or are folks so bogged down by an out of control pandemic and deteriorating economy and just trying t survive ?? Or do they even care??

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
The Dems didn't want her in 2019. Why do they think she is the right choice less than a year later.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Exactly, and did you see that he appointed a new Covid Health Adviser? The guys name is Dr. Scott Atlas, and he buoys every word Trump says. Oh and his expertise he brings to the team? He's board certified in diagnostic radiology, he interprets x-rays and MRI's etc, and he served as Professor of neuroradiology at Stanford which is all impressive but he has no experience with infectious diseases. Of course Trump thinks he's a genius because well, he agrees with Trump. Just another Trump yes man.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/mattpe...en-as-counter-to-fauci-and-birx/#4735414720a4
Well, the last guy in charge of the Covid response team was a Labradoodle breeder, so this is a step in the right direction.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
I often wonder if the voting USA public comprehends the man for what the really is..........or is the collective mindset so money oriented that any form of wealth is something to be honored......... and by extension......the man who carries the wealth......whether honestly earned or not.
As you know.....they keep talking about "american" values.......... and yet don't truly define them. Money / wealth is a large focus in that mindset. One does not hear much about humanitarian principles / values. Like healthcare should be available to all people ........ as a health population is needed to be able to work and be constructive members of society. Yet...
Anything you say about 100 million+ people will necessarily be wrong as often as it's right.

And remember that he lost the popular election by about 2.8 million votes.

Mockingbird

Council Member
Nov 27, 2019
Calgary
that is very well articulated. and agree. It is sad and it is stunning to watch it happen in real time. All that potential.
Where is the outrage?? Or are folks so bogged down by an out of control pandemic and deteriorating economy and just trying t survive ?? Or do they even care??

No, they're just glued to Fox News.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
Some Republicans are sensible:

Not really.

If the Trump presidency has proven anything it has proven that the republican party has become little more than a clearing house for racists and bigots and the self interested.

It wasn't the dems that forced Nixon out - it was the gop and it wasn't the dems that kept trump in office it was the gop.

Mockingbird

Council Member
Nov 27, 2019
Calgary
Not really.
If the Trump presidency has proven anything it has proven that the republican party has become little more than a clearing house for racists and bigots and the self interested.
It wasn't the dems that forced Nixon out - it was the gop and it wasn't the dems that kept trump in office it was the gop.

Yes, however growing number of longtime Republican voters are realizing that the only way to save the party is to vote Democrat, ultimately it's the voting public who will decide.

With the SCOTUS ruling that the Nixon tapes be released the GOP knew it was sunk and Nixon had no choice but to resign.

Mockingbird

Council Member
Nov 27, 2019
Calgary
Walter! The Trump campaign dusted off it's birther bullshit for Harris!
Better dig out your birther illusion. Time to saddle up!

I just heard this, can't believe that they dusted off that playbook. Sounds like desperation to me, that and a campaign that doesn't know how to deal with her.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
I just heard this, can't believe that they dusted off that playbook. Sounds like desperation to me, that and a campaign that doesn't know how to deal with her.
Deal with whom? The broad who calls 18 to 24 year-olds stoopid, or the broad who wants to give 16 year-olds the vote.