It's Kamala

Mockingbird

Council Member
Nov 27, 2019
Calgary
That's what you call f*cking your way to the top? Strength? And yes, that's what she did. She humped some old Senator/Congressman (can't remember which now) to further her political career.
Biden must be fuming about this choice being forced on him considering the racist legislation he helped create.
And it's funny when you say Trump struggles with strong women. White leftists HATE Conservative women of Colour because they rightfully and correctly see themselves as equals. Whereas White leftists treat People of Colour like they can't do shit without having their hands held while continually reminding them that they're victims of Whitey.
Then again, maybe if the DNC hadn't rigged their primaries to ensure a Clinton victory over Sanders we wouldn't be having this conversation right now.
Think about it. The US voter on both sides of the spectrum were sick of the status quo and it manifested itself in wide support for both Trump and Sanders. The DNC decided to say "f*ck our voters" and gave them the status quo to suck on instead.
Yes yes, Hillary won the popular vote but by only 3 million votes. That's not exactly a land-slide victory in a country the size of the US. I bet Sanders could have garnered more votes and made the Electoral votes moot.
And now they think this ploy is going to convince anyone who doesn't already vote Democrat to vote for them. :lol:

And here I was thinking that the first misogynistic remarks would come from Trump, but okay, let's play.

So to your point, of course when a woman makes her way to the top of any male dominated heap she must have ****ed her way there right? Leaving in her wake a trail of stilettos and lingerie littering the floors of boardrooms and bedrooms everywhere. Of course she must have, how else could she have navigated her way through the testosterone filled world of powerful men. You know the men I'm talking about right? The ones who likely didn't **** men on their way to the top certainly did **** over a few to get there. No, a woman couldn't possibly make it to the top on her own merit, dedication and hard work. A woman who holds degrees in both political science and law, a woman who became deputy DA to later rise through the ranks to become DA, who later became AG of California and who would become a Senator and who is now Biden's pick as Vice President only got there because she slept with one specific man, Willie Brown, over 20 years ago. Really?

Now let's play with your theory a little. According to you the only way a woman can make it to the top is by sleeping with a man to get there, okay but then, what does that say about some men? Are some men so easily influenced and manipulated? So easily played by a woman? These strong powerful men of influence and action can be brought to their knees by what rests a little above a woman's knees? I think that ridiculous comment you made says a lot more about men than it does women.

As to the remainder of your post, it's just noise, political noise coming from those who are threatened by the choice Biden made, a strong woman who has and can take all that comes her way. And will the "ploy" work? I guess we'll know soon enough.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010

Would.

Mockingbird

Council Member
Nov 27, 2019
Calgary
Biden and Harris held their first joint campaign event today and it was typical of what these events are, criticize your opponent, talk about how you will make things better, inject some humor and pull at the heartstrings. But past the cookie-cutter appearances of what these events typically are it was nice to hear from mature level headed individuals who were precise, coherent and articulate. Things are going to get interesting.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Biden and Harris held their first joint campaign event today and it was typical of what these events are, criticize your opponent, talk about how you will make things better, inject some humor and pull at the heartstrings. But past the cookie-cutter appearances of what these events typically are it was nice to hear from mature level headed individuals who were precise, coherent and articulate. Things are going to get interesting.
It felt refreshingly "normal"........better than "normal" People talking and making sense....As you say: Coherent, articulate, adults using adult words.

She has already had an impact. ........a positive one.

Mockingbird

Council Member
Nov 27, 2019
Calgary
It felt refreshingly "normal"........better than "normal" People talking and making sense....As you say: Coherent, articulate, adults using adult words.
She has already had an impact. ........a positive one.

I agree, she has. The buzz around her today is more positive than negative. My husband and I both watched and we were struck with how personal it felt, and how they connected with the viewer. They both had very good writers. ;-)

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
I agree, she has. The buzz around her today is more positive than negative. My husband and I both watched and we were struck with how personal it felt, and how they connected with the viewer. They both had very good writers. ;-)
indeed........and there is something to be said about the delivery ;-)

One gets the impression that even though this is a beginning f their relationship......... there is a certain simpatico there already.

The CONTRAST between them and the Trump team is distinct and striking.

Mockingbird

Council Member
Nov 27, 2019
Calgary
indeed........and there is something to be said about the delivery ;-)
One gets the impression that even though this is a beginning f their relationship......... there is a certain simpatico there already.
The CONTRAST between them and the Trump team is distinct and striking.

Yes, it's the beginning of a political relationship but the connection is clear. Of course it helps that Harris and Biden's son Beau worked closely together and so they have some common ground there. Oh the contrast is striking to say the least. The Trump/Pence dynamic feels rehearsed and empty.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Yes, it's the beginning of a political relationship but the connection is clear. Of course it helps that Harris and Biden's son Beau worked closely together and so they have some common ground there. Oh the contrast is striking to say the least. The Trump/Pence dynamic feels rehearsed and empty.
That is a good description of the trump/Pence duo. The Trump/ Pence Dynamic seems t be one very dominant /aggressive and his hardly visible shadow. Trump d id not even let Pence carry on being the leader of the Pandemic committee. He just had to takeover himself. There is no partnership there. There is no consistence there . Trump does not know how to delegate effectively. He has to CONTROL everything. and ends up not controlling anything effectively.

Mockingbird

Council Member
Nov 27, 2019
Calgary
That is a good description of the trump/Pence duo. The Trump/ Pence Dynamic seems t be one very dominant /aggressive and his hardly visible shadow. Trump d id not even let Pence carry on being the leader of the Pandemic committee. He just had to takeover himself. There is no partnership there. There is no consistence there . Trump does not know how to delegate effectively. He has to CONTROL everything. and ends up not controlling anything effectively.

Exactly, and did you see that he appointed a new Covid Health Adviser? The guys name is Dr. Scott Atlas, and he buoys every word Trump says. Oh and his expertise he brings to the team? He's board certified in diagnostic radiology, he interprets x-rays and MRI's etc, and he served as Professor of neuroradiology at Stanford which is all impressive but he has no experience with infectious diseases. Of course Trump thinks he's a genius because well, he agrees with Trump. Just another Trump yes man.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/mattpe...en-as-counter-to-fauci-and-birx/#4735414720a4

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Exactly, and did you see that he appointed a new Covid Health Adviser? The guys name is Dr. Scott Atlas, and he buoys every word Trump says. Oh and his expertise he brings to the team? He's board certified in diagnostic radiology, he interprets x-rays and MRI's etc, and he served as Professor of neuroradiology at Stanford which is all impressive but he has no experience with infectious diseases. Of course Trump thinks he's a genius because well, he agrees with Trump. Just another Trump yes man.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/mattpe...en-as-counter-to-fauci-and-birx/#4735414720a4
Wonder what the real connection is between Trump and Atlas. His field does not prepare him for the ob of pandemic crisis management. Trump really has a way of picking them, doesn't he?? But then he does no look for appropriate qualifications. he is looking for a another yes man. He does not want strong qualified people around him. He is threatened by them. He wants compliance . He has exposed the basis of his decision making too. He has diminished the quality of personnel at the governing level along the way.

Mockingbird

Council Member
Nov 27, 2019
Calgary
Wonder what the real connection is between Trump and Atlas. His field does not prepare him for the ob of pandemic crisis management. Trump really has a way of picking them, doesn't he?? But then he does no look for appropriate qualifications. he is looking for a another yes man. He does not want strong qualified people around him. He is threatened by them. He wants compliance . He has exposed the basis of his decision making too. He has diminished the quality of personnel at the governing level along the way.

My guess would be the connection is that Trump saw him on Fox news mirroring everything Trump says about the virus. That's all Trump needed to hear.

Oh yeah he's intimidated by strong people, especially strong women. His insecurity and constant need to be praised is sad frankly, to be a man so in need of constant ego stroking. What a lonely man he must be.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
My guess would be the connection is that Trump saw him on Fox news mirroring everything Trump says about the virus. That's all Trump needed to hear.

Oh yeah he's intimidated by strong people, especially strong women. His insecurity and constant need to be praised is sad frankly, to be a man so in need of constant ego stroking. What a lonely man he must be.
exactly. and to make matters worse....he has no insight into the fact that he created the situation he is in. He can't trust anyone. People are out to hurt him , so he hides behind money and now his position. Take away his money and one has a shallow, desperate , angry, lonely superficial shell of a person......with an internal void that can never be filled.

Mockingbird

Council Member
Nov 27, 2019
Calgary
exactly. and to make matters worse....he has no insight into the fact that he created the situation he is in. He can't trust anyone. People are out to hurt him , so he hides behind money and now his position. Take away his money and one has a shallow, desperate , angry, lonely superficial shell of a person......with an internal void that can never be filled.

I am drawn to how you sum him up. He alone has absolutely created the situation the USA finds itself in today and he will never own up to that fact. He will never admit that he has faltered in any way. His money, no wait, his father's money, has shielded him his entire life and without it, like you said, there is nothing there.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
I am drawn to how you sum him up. He alone has absolutely created the situation the USA finds itself in today and he will never own up to that fact. He will never admit that he has faltered in any way. His money, no wait, his father's money, has shielded him his entire life and without it, like you said, there is nothing there.
I often wonder if the voting USA public comprehends the man for what the really is..........or is the collective mindset so money oriented that any form of wealth is something to be honored......... and by extension......the man who carries the wealth......whether honestly earned or not.

As you know.....they keep talking about "american" values.......... and yet don't truly define them. Money / wealth is a large focus in that mindset. One does not hear much about humanitarian principles / values. Like healthcare should be available to all people ........ as a health population is needed to be able to work and be constructive members of society. Yet...

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Smart, sharp, progressive, bitchy, snarky, strong, warrior Mamala. Them old republican white boys r scared of you. Give them the spanking from hell that they deserve

Mockingbird

Council Member
Nov 27, 2019
Calgary
I often wonder if the voting USA public comprehends the man for what the really is..........or is the collective mindset so money oriented that any form of wealth is something to be honored......... and by extension......the man who carries the wealth......whether honestly earned or not.
As you know.....they keep talking about "american" values.......... and yet don't truly define them. Money / wealth is a large focus in that mindset. One does not hear much about humanitarian principles / values. Like healthcare should be available to all people ........ as a health population is needed to be able to work and be constructive members of society. Yet...

I wonder as well, I will admit that back in the day of his show The Apprentice I liked him and thought him to be a smart savvy guy. But soon realized that I was seeing him as the network wished to portray him strictly for ratings. In time I came to my senses and saw him for the cruel person he really is. So I think there are many people who see him only as Fox News and OANN etc. portray him and will look to no other source to form an opinion. Since Trump, there are no American values. I don't believe I have seen, in my time, a more divided USA than the one we see today. It truly is sad to see what that country has become. The shining city on a hill has been reduced to a smoldering pit.