It’s coming sooner than you think… especially given then totalitarian government we have now

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Millions of Americans Do Not Have ID

Sorry. I'm sure you'll pick your fantasy over reality.
There is absolutely no reason not to have ID in Canada . It is free and necessary to access any government service . All natives need fishing licenses and band I D . The down and outer s living on the street have ID to get the welfare . Even the illegals are given I D to access free money .

Reactions: Dixie Cup

taxme

Time Out
Feb 11, 2020
It’s coming sooner than you think… especially given then totalitarian government we have now

View attachment 11578

You are not early. There have been plenty of buffoons out there who have gotten themselves chipped. I guess that these buffoons like having the government following them around and watching as to what they are doing with their time and money. Fools like seryahhahaha probably thinks that this is the way to go.

I would not trust anyone like seryhahaha with my freedom and rights. He or she or it is no doubt a closet communist. Right, seryahahaha baby? (n)

taxme

Time Out
Feb 11, 2020
Under the Constitution, you can only be IDed if the cop has a reasonable, articulable suspicion, based on objective facts and reasonable inferences drawn therefrom, that crime is afoot. And in some states, such as Texas and California, not even then, but only upon being lawfully arrested for a specific crime.

Canadians have no rights and freedoms anymore, chief. They have been removed and now you are pretty much living in a communist police state where the cops are now being allowed to get away with violating your rights and freedoms. This whole covid virus nonsense has seen to that. The non vaccinated can now be discriminated against which is a violation of the Charter of Rights and Freedoms. Welcome to Marxist Canada, chief. You helped Marxism along and gain control in Canada. Way the go, chief. (n)

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Canadians have no rights and freedoms anymore, chief. They have been removed and now you are pretty much living in a communist police state where the cops are now being allowed to get away with violating your rights and freedoms. This whole covid virus nonsense has seen to that. The non vaccinated can now be discriminated against which is a violation of the Charter of Rights and Freedoms. Welcome to Marxist Canada, chief. You helped Marxism along and gain control in Canada. Way the go, chief. (n)
I did it just for you, x-meat.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
The irony is, I think, that one reason people refuse ID's is fear of government finding them...

And these same fearful people are the ones screaming about needing voter ID laws.
The usual reason is that they're poor, live in cash economies, don't drive, and can't be bothered.

ID is a relatively new thing. Over half of the men drafted into WWII in the U.S. had no identification of any kind. Of those who did, a birth or baptismal certificate was often all they had.

Reactions: Serryah

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
There is absolutely no reason not to have ID in Canada . It is free and necessary to access any government service . All natives need fishing licenses and band I D . The down and outer s living on the street have ID to get the welfare . Even the illegals are given I D to access free money .
What ID is free In Canada? Have you ever had your wallet lost or stolen? Replacing its contents isn’t cheap or easy with all kinds of hoops to jump through. Lots of ID you need funds & two other pieces of ID to replace.

You might have to start out with an Affidavit from your local city hall, & pay to have that certified, & with that and cash you can get your provincial health card, then with those two pieces & more cash you can get your birth certificate, and so on and so forth, with none of it being free and much of it being very time consuming.

I had my wallet stolen once 30 years ago or so from a water park and it was a royal pain in the arse replacing my ID. Ironically, the things I was most panicked about (debit & credit card) where the easiest to cancel & replace but neither are ID.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
U.S. ain't Canada. And what counts as ID for voting can be highly selective. For example, in Texas a concealed-carry license, which is a picture ID issued by the State of Texas, is acceptable for voting, where a University of Texas student ID, which is a picture ID issued by the State of Texas, is not acceptable for voting.

Wonder why not.

• Wow
Reactions: Dixie Cup

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
The irony is, I think, that one reason people refuse ID's is fear of government finding them...

And these same fearful people are the ones screaming about needing voter ID laws.
ID and an implant are two different kettles of fish .

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
The usual reason is that they're poor, live in cash economies, don't drive, and can't be bothered.

ID is a relatively new thing. Over half of the men drafted into WWII in the U.S. had no identification of any kind. Of those who did, a birth or baptismal certificate was often all they had.
Yup so let’s live in the past . My mother had a government issued drivers license in 1937 in Ricky dink B.C. Most city folk in that period had some form of identification. But I am sure it was different in rural areas .

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
What ID is free In Canada? Have you ever had your wallet lost or stolen? Replacing its contents isn’t cheap or easy with all kinds of hoops to jump through. Lots of ID you need funds & two other pieces of ID to replace.

You might have to start out with an Affidavit from your local city hall, & pay to have that certified, & with that and cash you can get your provincial health card, then with those two pieces & more cash you can get your birth certificate, and so on and so forth, with none of it being free and much of it being very time consuming.

I had my wallet stolen once 30 years ago or so from a water park and it was a royal pain in the arse replacing my ID. Ironically, the things I was most panicked about (debit & credit card) where the easiest to cancel & replace but neither are ID.
You and I have the cash to pay that is the difference, go to your local social services if broke they will help . And I do feel the pain last time despite a birth certificate and secret code I still needed a notary .

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
U.S. ain't Canada. And what counts as ID for voting can be highly selective. For example, in Texas a concealed-carry license, which is a picture ID issued by the State of Texas, is acceptable for voting, where a University of Texas student ID, which is a picture ID issued by the State of Texas, is not acceptable for voting.

Wonder why not.
Maybe many of those student ID holders are registered at their parents house . But if not I am sure there is a mechanism that allows them to vote . If not Texas has a problem that needs fixing .

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Maybe many of those student ID holders are registered at their parents house . But if not I am sure there is a mechanism that allows them to vote . If not Texas has a problem that needs fixing .
This isn't about registration, it's about voting. Don't you know the difference?

It's OK if you don't. I wouldn't expect you to know about voting procedures in the U.S.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
This isn't about registration, it's about voting. Don't you know the difference?

It's OK if you don't. I wouldn't expect you to know about voting procedures in the U.S.
How can one vote without registering ? Even those without proper identification must somehow register at the polling place .

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,

Wonder why not.
Don't you have foreign students at universities all over the U.S? including Texas?

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
How can one vote without registering ? Even those without proper identification must somehow register at the polling place .
Nope. In the U.S., registration is different from voting. Registration, which occurs before elections (or sometimes contemporaneously), is the process by which one proves one's eligibility to vote, including citizenship, residence within the district and precinct, and lack of disqualifiers such as a felony conviction. This is often accomplished by "motor voter," in which one registers at the same time one gets one's driving license.

On election day, one goes to the polls, where they have the electoral rolls listing all registered voters. One gives one's name, and it is checked against the electoral rolls. The ONLY thing one is asserting at the polls is that one is the person listed in the rolls, not that one is eligible to vote in that district and precinct.

I would suggest that if one is worried about the non-existent problem of "voter fraud," any state-issued or Federal-issued (such as a military ID) picture ID card would satisfy the requirement of demonstrating that one is, indeed, the person whose name is listed on the electoral roll. But Texas and several other states have decided to pick and choose which forms of ID are acceptable, presumably because they seek to suppress the votes of people in groups that skew Democratic.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Nope. In the U.S., registration is different from voting. Registration, which occurs before elections (or sometimes contemporaneously), is the process by which one proves one's eligibility to vote, including citizenship, residence within the district and precinct, and lack of disqualifiers such as a felony conviction. This is often accomplished by "motor voter," in which one registers at the same time one gets one's driving license.

On election day, one goes to the polls, where they have the electoral rolls listing all registered voters. One gives one's name, and it is checked against the electoral rolls. The ONLY thing one is asserting at the polls is that one is the person listed in the rolls, not that one is eligible to vote in that district and precinct.

I would suggest that if one is worried about the non-existent problem of "voter fraud," any state-issued or Federal-issued (such as a military ID) picture ID card would satisfy the requirement of demonstrating that one is, indeed, the person whose name is listed on the electoral roll. But Texas and several other states have decided to pick and choose which forms of ID are acceptable, presumably because they seek to suppress the votes of people in groups that skew Democratic.
If that is the case I wouldn’t have objection to student I D , but I don’t live in Texas . I am sure it wouldn’t be accepted here but may be incorrect . Most people use their drivers license or B.C. ID card .