It's Climate Change I tell'ya!! IT'S CLIMATE CHANGE!!

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Cool I knew it snowed there but didn’t know they had ski lifts .
Sadly, anyplace with snow and a change in elevation of a meter or more over a kilometre has ski lifts.

And ski douchebags.

One of the things I liked about the ski resort town of Garmisch-Partenkirkchen in Bavaria back in the day was that the nearby Armed Forces Recreation Center tended to keep the ski douchebags a mite more civilized in the bars in town.

Reactions: taxslave

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun
This year was crazy.

Everyone is talking about the rainstorms that rocked both the West and East coasts last year year but no one is talking about the massive rainstorms we had in the territories during August.

They were bad, very bad and even though hardly anyone was there to experience them, these rainstorms did not give you that warm fuzzy feeling about the future that snow on Kilimanjaro gives you.

Last edited:

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
This year was crazy.

Everyone is talking about the rainstorms that rocked both the West and East coasts last year year but no one is talking about the massive rainstorms we had in the territories during August.

They were bad, very bad and even though hardly anyone was there to experience them, these rainstorms did not give you that warm fuzzy feeling about the future that snow on Kilimanjaro gives you.
Is all that rainfall increasing the frost depth this winter in the tundra?

taxme

Time Out
Feb 11, 2020
Hottest day ever!

Regina breaks 137-year-old temperature record during cold snap​

Published Dec. 30, 2021 1:01 p.m. PST

The extreme cold gripping the province led to a 137-year-old temperature record being broken in Regina earlier this week.
Temperatures in Regina dipped to -38.6 on Tuesday, surpassing the previous daily record for Dec. 28 of -37.2 originally set in 1884, according to a weather summary from Environment and Climate Change Canada

It's all global warming's fault. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: Twin_Moose

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Yep. Winter. It’s generally colder than summer. Could be worse, All those Pakistanis could’ve been in electric cars.

Mild winter weather (I guess mild is a subjective term) & short hops, an EV functions adequately. Cold winter weather and an EV needs so much power to be fed straight to its batteries to keep them warm from its batteries that its range drops dramatically!!! -30°C and fighting a wind you don’t wanna stray very far from home with an EV, because with the amount of power being diverted to heat it’s own batteries, you could end up on foot very quickly.

Reactions: taxslave and B00Mer

Buffy

Nominee Member
Jan 3, 2017
U.S.A.
It has been two weeks today when winter hit Vancouver. It is still snowing today. It does not want to warm up here at all. Dam global warming. :LOL:
Hey!, enough with the sarcasm. This is just the kind of extreme weather scientists say we can expect as a result of human induced climate change. They gave up the global warming shtick years ago. Have you noticed how rocks on Kits Beach that were visible at high tide 50 years ago are still.....oh, never mind.

Reactions: taxslave

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
It has been two weeks today when winter hit Vancouver. It is still snowing today. It does not want to warm up here at all. Dam global warming. :LOL:
Surely you are posting in jest? Currently it is -1°C in Vancouver with the windchill. Where I am sitting right now it is been between -35°C and -50°C with the windchill for the last couple of weeks, since before Christmas and it’s now January 8.

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan

I posted it here because I believe it has nothing to do with safety and everything to do with control (and climate change) because if you drive too much, you could potentially be "cancelled" from driving ;). But that's just me....LOL
Wow…& the cost of this potential security breach & invasion of privacy all paid for by the end user (=owner). Something else to go wrong that isn’t going to decrease the cost of a vehicle, without directly benefitting the owner.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Hey!, enough with the sarcasm. This is just the kind of extreme weather scientists say we can expect as a result of human induced climate change. They gave up the global warming shtick years ago. Have you noticed how rocks on Kits Beach that were visible at high tide 50 years ago are still.....oh, never mind.
Yes I sit on the same rocks I did 50 years ago . Amazing , isn’t it ?

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Surely you are posting in jest? Currently it is -1°C in Vancouver with the windchill. Where I am sitting right now it is been between -35°C and -50°C with the windchill for the last couple of weeks, since before Christmas and it’s now January 8.
Yes but you can leave . Since Wednesday until today virtually every transportation corridor into and out of Vancouver was closed .

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
-1 on the coast can be pretty nasty. The humidity is around 95% . Bone chilling cold.
Besides we live here because it isn't supposed to get cold.

• Wow
Reactions: Twin_Moose