Is the world starting to turn against Bill Cosby?

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Well, I need quite a bit of substantial proof before I will turn on a man, but I have to think his silence on the matter isn't doing him any good!
nor are the number of accusations

one, mmmmmmmmm maybe a vendetta, two, mmmmmmmm maybe a copy cat, until I've heard their stories in full but more than that...ya gotta really question what is going on and they just keep popping up

this whole thing with CBC has unleashed a pit of wrong...and that is a good thing

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
In this case, the currency the Cosby is trading in is his reputation... I don't think that his money will be able to turn the tide on this.

Once in a blue moon you come across people who finds"general principals" are more important than money. Could be one of those that f**Ks Cosby up!

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
O

Julie Andrews make me want to hurl.

AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH! Not DAME Julie Andrews OMG! I can't believe it. I'm shocked that anybody ANYBODY would not like Dame Julie Andrews...Mary Poppins herself!

lol, j/k. twas a bit of a shock though. :p

I have nothing to add about the Bill Cosby thing, it seems its all been said already. Plus, it's been far too long since he was Mr. Huxtable to have any impact on me either way.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH! Not DAME Julie Andrews OMG! I can't believe it. I'm shocked that anybody ANYBODY would not like Dame Julie Andrews...Mary Poppins herself!

lol, j/k. twas a bit of a shock though. :p
LOL

yeah everyone but me... ya know I still associate Julie Andrews with my girlfriend's mother because she took my girlfriend and I to see some flick with ole Julie in it and I remember something about the beads she wore being part of the humour of the comedy which even then I never found funny...I was a serious kid.

She never particularly liked me, least I didn't think she did when I was a kid, when I got older I realized the reason she did what she did was out of sheer fear but I never was comfortable with her. She always made me feel like the "poor" kid or the bad kid...and I wasn't but she made me feel that way.

Maybe that's why I never liked old Julie. I have never made it through the Sound of Music...like....never. I see her twirling on that hill and I'm over it.

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
It really doesn't sound like that much fun. It seems to raise an the specture of a deeply insecure, predatory and sociopathic personality. I guess Dr. Huxtable was just a front.. for a much darker character.

Rape is seldom about 'fun' and that is possible. I never liked the guy or his shows. Found them to be quite boring.

Guilty or innocent after all these years it would be quite difficult to prove in criminal court today. Maybe they can win in a civil suit.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
LOL

yeah everyone but me... ya know I still associate Julie Andrews with my girlfriend's mother because she took my girlfriend and I to see some flick with ole Julie in it and I remember something about the beads she wore being part of the humour of the comedy which even then I never found funny...I was a serious kid.

She never particularly liked me, least I didn't think she did when I was a kid, when I got older I realized the reason she did what she did was out of sheer fear but I never was comfortable with her. She always made me feel like the "poor" kid or the bad kid...and I wasn't but she made me feel that way.

Maybe that's why I never liked old Julie. I have never made it through the Sound of Music...like....never. I see her twirling on that hill and I'm over it.

that I understand. I feel that way about the Geddy Lee from Rush. Way back in the day my ex use to sell drugs to a guy that looked just like him and this guy was the epitome of sleazy. I can't listen to Rush because of it...

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
Mary Poppins herself!

Ha, I never saw it.

that I understand. I feel that way about the Geddy Lee from Rush. Way back in the day my ex use to sell drugs to a guy that looked just like him and this guy was the epitome of sleazy. I can't listen to Rush because of it...

Sounds like the customer might have been Ozzy.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
Ha, I never saw it.

WHAT?!?!?!? Jeebus Crispy! What the hell is wrong with the world. First I read someone can't stand Dame Julie and now I read someone hasn't seen Mary Poppins. Just don't think I can handle this sort of information. I need....I need a hot chocolate.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
the ways of the mind
trigger association I guess

weird huh

I probably wouldn't have liked her anyway, I don't even like her voice doe a deer a female deer, ray a drop of golden sun, me, a name I cal myslef...fa, a long, long way to run....blek... and same with Cosby. They seemed too clean to me, not a part of reality.

I was a serious kid. The one show I remember liking from back at that time was The Honeymooners. It came to Canada late but I liked it. I might have been 8.

WHAT?!?!?!? Jeebus Crispy! What the hell is wrong with the world. First I read someone can't stand Dame Julie and now I read someone hasn't seen Mary Poppins. Just don't think I can handle this sort of information. I need....I need a hot chocolate.
here's another one to shock ya...I fell asleep at the show for the first time in my life in the middle of a Fiddler on the Roof

I have never seen it and have zero desire to see it.

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa

My father's gf said the same thing when she found out. She offered to lend it to me. I declined. Maybe 20 years ago I would have, now its too late. I really cant stand movies or shows designed for children anymore.

here's another one to shock ya...I fell asleep at the show for the first time in my life in the middle of a Fiddler on the Roof

That one I saw in class. Well, half of it. I skipped the second half.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
My father's gf said the same thing when she found out. She offered to lend it to me. I declined. Maybe 20 years ago I would have, now its too late. I really cant stand movies or shows designed for children anymore.

have you seen ET?

yeah, I rest my case...yup

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003

Disney is pretty good at making their movies to appeal to adults to. I love disney movies, so I'm so not an objective critic.

it was just a shock. So was Sal's admission.

I think I need a nap now too.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
No. I meant to go see it with a friend at an old theatre a couple years ago. She hadn't seen it either but something or another came up and we didnt go.
haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, right on....me neither,

I think the one you were going to see is likely the remake...everyone's seen ET

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

On a lighter note what was the name of that kid's movie where the little girl said her favourite day was Sunday because it was a whole 7 days until the next Sunday?