Increasing desperation as US capitalist system declines

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Gee, maybe protectionist tariffs from an authoritarian orange man were a bad idea? 🤔

Increasing desperation as US capitalist system declines​

Notwithstanding endlessly glib political speeches about bright futures, US capitalism has reached and passed its peak. Like that of the British Empire after World War I, the trip now is painful.

Signs of decline accumulate. The last 40 years of slow economic growth in the US have seen the top 10% take nearly all of it. The other 90% suffered constricted real wage growth that drove them to borrow massively (for homes, cars, credit cards, and college expenses). Their creditors were, of course, mostly that same 10%.

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
Reminds one of that old Brian Mulroney joke: Brian, if it was a kingdom, you would be a king, if it was an empire, you would be the emperor, but it's not...
:)
it's a country!

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Gee, maybe protectionist tariffs from an authoritarian orange man were a bad idea? 🤔

Increasing desperation as US capitalist system declines​

Notwithstanding endlessly glib political speeches about bright futures, US capitalism has reached and passed its peak. Like that of the British Empire after World War I, the trip now is painful.

Signs of decline accumulate. The last 40 years of slow economic growth in the US have seen the top 10% take nearly all of it. The other 90% suffered constricted real wage growth that drove them to borrow massively (for homes, cars, credit cards, and college expenses). Their creditors were, of course, mostly that same 10%.

Orange Man is out of Office and Biden is the one imposing new Tariffs on Wood and Milk.

I know Trump lives in your Head.. but you must really let go... quit chasing it in circles.

mail (1).gif

• Wow
Reactions: Twin_Moose

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Orange Man is out of Office and Biden is the one imposing new Tariffs on Wood and Milk.

I know Trump lives in your Head.. but you must really let go... quit chasing it in circles.

View attachment 8762

I don't pledge my allegiance to a cult figure without thinking for myself about it, 1986 Animal Village.

So yeah, Biden is far from ideal.

• Haha
Reactions: B00Mer

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
Well the Chinese, who want to destroy the American empire, said RELEASE THE (trumphate) CRACKHEADS!!!"
;)
...and so now, you got 'em.

LOL, better lock up the plate ware.