Income Inequality In America

El Barto

les fesses a l'aire
Feb 11, 2007
Quebec
Hey! I object. I'm old but I hate nobody. In fact, I like everybody for providing humour in my life by being absurd and believing politics has any relevance other than providing cover for those who really make all the decisions that run the country, for believing in the absurdity of ancient texts and thinking that humans have evolved past the cave man mentality. I am thankful every day that I get to watch, what amounts to, Monty Python 24/7 every day of the year.
You must be fulfilled then ? :D

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
You must be fulfilled then ? :D
From my vantage point, high up the side of Box mountain and overlooking the magnificent Arrow Lakes and Monashee mountain range, I have come to appreciate the incredible sense of humour of the Creator for, when she created Man, she was only joking. And as Buckminster Fuller once said, "I was never a radical in my youth for fear I would become a Conservative in my old age." Among all the lunacy of this world, I find conservatives the most ridiculous in their belligerence and self absorption. As Tom Robbins wrote in his magnificent book, Jitterbug Perfume, "Lighten up, eh!"

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Hey! I object. I'm old but I hate nobody. In fact, I like everybody for providing humour in my life by being absurd and believing politics has any relevance other than providing cover for those who really make all the decisions that run the country, for believing in the absurdity of ancient texts and thinking that humans have evolved past the cave man mentality. I am thankful every day that I get to watch, what amounts to, Monty Python 24/7 every day of the year.

There's always a few good apples Cliffy.

Consider yourself one of the lucky ones. :)

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
... And the Wall Street Journal provided info that stated there is much confusion that allows for ways through that.

Really man, you don't strike me a one that is this naive
I was naive enough to assume that what you wrote was fact, that Maher had donated to Obama's campaign. Then you started changing the facts, and now you seem to be asserting that Maher donated through one or more of the possibly tax-deductible organisations that engage in politics.

I'll ask straight up. Do you know the organisations to which Maher donated? Or is all the chaff you're throwing up merely an attempt to hide the fact that your original statement, which implied that donations to campaigns are tax deductible, was simply wrong?

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
I was naive enough to assume that what you wrote was fact, that Maher had donated to Obama's campaign. Then you started changing the facts, and now you seem to be asserting that Maher donated through one or more of the possibly tax-deductible organisations that engage in politics.

For your edification... I emboldened the functional word to assist.

What's funny about this is that Maher most likely took full advantage of the $1 million tax deduction to donate to Obama's campaign.

Mind you, perhaps the 'likelihood ' of something in your world automatically translates into fact

I'll ask straight up. Do you know the organisations to which Maher donated? Or is all the chaff you're throwing up merely an attempt to hide the fact that your original statement, which implied that donations to campaigns are tax deductible, was simply wrong?

No... Do you?

Lemme guess, Obama took the 2 X 3 foot novelty chegue and deposited it at the teller... I can see the conversation now.

"No ma'am, this is all the banking I have today. Just this huge novelty cheque... Say, do I get a free toaster?"

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
No... Do you?
Nope. And I didn't make any statements about it either, did I? Not one single word about Maher's donations. That was you.

Lemme guess, Obama took the 2 X 3 foot novelty chegue and deposited it at the teller... I can see the conversation now.

"No ma'am, this is all the banking I have today. Just this huge novelty cheque... Say, do I get a free toaster?"

Happy St. Patrick's Day, cap.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
From my vantage point, high up the side of Box mountain and overlooking the magnificent Arrow Lakes and Monashee mountain range, I have come to appreciate the incredible sense of humour of the Creator for, when she created Man, she was only joking. And as Buckminster Fuller once said, "I was never a radical in my youth for fear I would become a Conservative in my old age." Among all the lunacy of this world, I find conservatives the most ridiculous in their belligerence and self absorption. As Tom Robbins wrote in his magnificent book, Jitterbug Perfume, "Lighten up, eh!"
Can you see those lovely power producing dams from your perch Cliff .
How about those beautiful haircuts that the Monashee's are showing ..