In Ontario we have a French Language Only Public School Sys.

iamcanadian

Electoral Member
Nov 30, 2005
www.expose-ontario.org
RE: In Ontario we have a French Language Only Public School

But religion is an option anyone can choose. Being of the French race is a racial thing. This I see as being an aparthite like system that is now becomming unique to Canada since places like south africa did away with their racist practices of trying to preserve ethniticity in a growing more multi-cultural world.

Said1

Hubba Hubba
Apr 18, 2005
Das Kapital
RE: In Ontario we have a

Being French is not a race, it's a culture.

In Ontario, for like the 5th time, you can send your kids to a French school regardless of your cultural/ethnic background. Why is that so hard for you to understand. And why would you want to send your kids to a french school if you could not help them with their studies in the language that is being used for instruction? It makes no sense.

Canada has two official languages, deal with it.

iamcanadian

Electoral Member
Nov 30, 2005
www.expose-ontario.org
Re: RE: In Ontario we have a

Said1 said:
Being French is not a race, it's a culture.

Tell that to the French Citizens of different races rioting in France.

Ontario is NOT a bilingual province. It's a uni-lingual English speaking provice and its taxpayers should not be sopporting Quebec apparthite cultural expansion in Ontario, sinply becase Quebec is loosing jobs and opportunities because of their aparthite of trying to preserve its pure French Canadian race much like their country men in France are doing causing riots in their streets.

Summer

Electoral Member
Nov 13, 2005
Cleveland, Ohio, USA (for now...)
Re: RE: In Ontario we have a French Language Only Public Sch

iamcanadian said:
But religion is an option anyone can choose. Being of the French race is a racial thing. This I see as being an aparthite like system that is now becomming unique to Canada since places like south africa did away with their racist practices of trying to preserve ethniticity in a growing more multi-cultural world.

1. Being French, or Quebecois, is not "racial". It's ethnic or cultural, as there is no such thing as a French "race". The French are as human as anyone else, last time I checked.

2. The word you want is "apartheid" not "aparthite". If you want to quibble about language, know how to use at least the one you're working in.

3. Out of curiosity, exactly how many languages do you yourself speak/read/write? Tha answer to that will likely reveal a lot, as I don't doubt that even kids who attend Francophone schools in English-speaking or bilingual areas have at least some familiarity and facility with English. Anyone living in the modern world where communication is important ought to be able to do so in more than one language.

Said1

Hubba Hubba
Apr 18, 2005
Das Kapital

iamcanadian said:
[

Tell that to the French Citizens of different races rioting in France.

Anyone with the most basic knowledge of nationalism knows it isn't necessarily based on genetics alone. The historica and socio-economic circumstances that created the rioting in France are much different than Quebec.

Ontario is NOT a bilingual province. It's a uni-lingual English speaking provice and its taxpayers should not be sopporting Quebec apparthite cultural expansion in Ontario, sinply becase Quebec is loosing jobs and opportunities because of their aparthite of trying to preserve its pure French Canadian race much like their country men in France are doing causing riots in their streets.

I didn't say Ontario was an official bilingual province. I said CANADA is a bilingual country. Ontario does have the second largest french speaking population next to NB though. And like I've said for the umpteenth time, non-french people can send their kids to french school, French Canadian is not a race and in order to survive in Ontario, they must also learn english.

Question: Are French Canadians marginalizing and segregating people of other ethnic backgrounds in the same manner as France? Haven't they usually established themselves and moved up after a generation or two, unlike those in France?

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
Re: In Ontario we have a French Language Only Public School

Race

1 - A local geographic or global human population distinguished as a more or less distinct group by genetically transmitted physical characteristics.

2 - A group of people united or classified together on the basis of common history, nationality, or geographic distribution: the German race.

3 - A genealogical line; a lineage.

4 - Humans considered as a group.

Biology.

5 - An interbreeding, usually geographically isolated population of organisms differing from other populations of the same species in the frequency of hereditary traits. A race that has been given formal taxonomic recognition is known as a subspecies.

6 - A breed or strain, as of domestic animals.

7 - A distinguishing or characteristic quality, such as the flavor of a wine.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location

iamcanadian said:
Well with NB being the only official bilingual province in Canada and with 30% francophone a separate French School board is justified. But I bet both school boards cater to both English and French speaking families and don't practice aparthite like Quebe does. And that Ontario French are trying to preserve here in Ontario

Bet all you want, but you'd be wrong.

Canada is a bilingual country, and Ontario has a significant french speaking population.

But it is also full of intolerant whining losers. And that's why I agree with Stan Rogers:

Ontario, you know I've seen
The place I'd rather be
Your scummy lakes and the city of Toronto
Don't do anything for me
I'd rather be by the sea

Said1

Hubba Hubba
Apr 18, 2005
Das Kapital

TenPenny said:
iamcanadian said:
Well with NB being the only official bilingual province in Canada and with 30% francophone a separate French School board is justified. But I bet both school boards cater to both English and French speaking families and don't practice aparthite like Quebe does. And that Ontario French are trying to preserve here in Ontario

Bet all you want, but you'd be wrong.

Canada is a bilingual country, and Ontario has a significant french speaking population.

But it is also full of intolerant whining losers.

Hey! Present complany excluded, oui!

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005

Said1 said:

Me too!!

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
RE: In Ontario we have a French Language Only Public School

"Full" as in, containing many, but not meaning everyone.

Poor choice of words. Due to grade 3 and 4 in Belleville.

Said1

Hubba Hubba
Apr 18, 2005
Das Kapital

Jay said:
Said1 said:
Jay said:
Said1 said:

Me too!!

Your in the GTA right?

Nope. I live in the Forest City, AKA, London. Drop by anytime!!

I thought London was part of the GTA, it's just a bit past Hamilton isn't it?

I'm about 6 hours away, probably won't be anytime soon. Call if you need a sitter, I have lots of experience. :lol:

Said1

Hubba Hubba
Apr 18, 2005
Das Kapital

Summer said:
Ah, oui. C'est froid ici aussi. Mais plus chaud que hier.

Meme, ici.

Ok, enough french. I'm getting way to far from my comfort zone.

I have the amazing ability to tune it out. Makes it hard to learn, but I get by. :lol: