In a stunning turnaround, oilpatch profitability 'has probably never been better'

Nick Danger

Council Member
Jul 21, 2013
Penticton, BC
I've been reading that a lot too, Suncor, who I worked for indirectly up until just recently, is listed as a hot buy on stock advisory sites, some even going to far to say it's a "buy and hold" stock for the long term. That kind of flies in the face of the overall push to reduce our reliance on fossil fuels, but hey, if the stock market was easy to figure out we'd all be rich.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I've been reading that a lot too, Suncor, who I worked for indirectly up until just recently, is listed as a hot buy on stock advisory sites, some even going to far to say it's a "buy and hold" stock for the long term. That kind of flies in the face of the overall push to reduce our reliance on fossil fuels, but hey, if the stock market was easy to figure out we'd all be rich.
One more time. Hydrocarbons.

If you stop calling them fossil fuels and start calling them hydrocarbons you are no longer "using fossil fuels".

Where do you think the hydrogen for "green energy" is going to come from? Pine cones?

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
The push to quit using fossil fuels only comes from those with a vested interest in taxpayer subsidized alternative fuels.

Reactions: Twin_Moose