I bought a Huawei phone

bill barilko

Senate Member
Mar 4, 2009
Vancouver-by-the-Sea
It means you still can't spell worth a shit.

One year I worked for the Vancouver Jazz Festival and they gave us Huawei phones to use-they were such POFS they wouldn't work at YVR airport-where I had to pick up incoming musicians.

That and the fact that the keyboard was made for children put me off the brand for life.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Does it mean I am a treasonous traiter?
Nope, it just means you're a more than willing participant in what is to become the the first truly global surveillance state.

The 5G network promises to be the absolute most intrusive system humans have yet developed. The abuse factor for govts is sky high.
If you thought cell phones and smart technology were intrusive before, you ain't seen nothin' yet.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Nope, it just means you're a more than willing participant in what is to become the the first truly global surveillance state.
The 5G network promises to be the absolute most intrusive system humans have yet developed. The abuse factor for govts is sky high.
If you thought cell phones and smart technology were intrusive before, you ain't seen nothin' yet.
The Chinese have no problem with any of that. China is a police state and intrusive serveillance is considered to be necessary and normal to them. You will be fighting against their wanting to extent their system globally for a very long time.

bill barilko

Senate Member
Mar 4, 2009
Vancouver-by-the-Sea
The Chinese have no problem with any of that. China is a police state and intrusive serveillance is considered to be necessary and normal to them. You will be fighting against their wanting to extent their system globally for a very long time.
Living in a city that's at least 40% Chinese I can tell you that the Chinese love a boot on their neck-we see this all the time here.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Um dude, the abuse factor for govts isn't just about the Chinese. ANY govt can use the 5G network to intrude on your privacy.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC

Another dead Cliffart meme.

Last edited by a moderator:

LewisScott

Nominee Member
Dec 7, 2020
The 5G network promises to be the absolute most intrusive system humans have yet developed.
Talking about 5G, you would be surprised to know that even Huawei is using mediatek 5G chipsets in its smartphones instead of the in-house Kirin chipsets. When Huawei doesn't feel any guilty of this, why should you do. Nowadays, people look more towards profits and this is quite reasonable. How does one define a traitor in this?