I am 'blessed'

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
Not sure that 'blessed' is the right word, because I'm totally non religious, but on the other hand, I go to church on Christmas Eve, because that's what we do. So let's use blessed. Or blesse, the French word for injured, if you like.

I live in Canada, in a place where we have almost no violent crime. My wife (she's retired) and I make decent professional middle class incomes. We have two kids who are smart and happy, one is in school, the other has a professional career. I have a 10 km commute to work. We have NO debt; we pay our credit cards off every month and haven't had a mortgage for 30 years. We live in a multicultural neighborhood, all single family homes, with English, French, Asian, and Arab neighbors.

Life is absolutely awesome. I don't have to wake up worrying about being shot; I don't have to think that I could be bombed, or carjacked. The biggest complaint that we have is that our property taxes are too high.

This whole living in Canada thing is awesome.

If you don't like where you live, you should move. Life is too short. That is my message for today.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
you are religious and therefore you should understand that all your beliefs could be nonsense.

edit in - also also feel fortunate to be a Canadian

Last edited:

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
you are religious and therefore you should understand that all your beliefs could be nonsense.

... and you are being just plain rude to question the spiritual beliefs of another ... and arrogant, too.

coldstream

on dbl secret probation
Oct 19, 2005
Chillliwack, BC
I honestly wonder what will happen to Canada in the next 30 or 40 years.

It has embraced a culture of death (abortion and euthenasia), deformation, dissolution, decadence, absurdity, drug dependence, post structuralism, globalism. These are all rationalized on a very shallow sophistry of 'human rights' that deny any absolute morality, supernatural structure, reponsibility or consequences for decisions and promote radical individualism and a purely subjective spirituality (if any at all).

Our country is almost unrecognizable from that which existed 40 years ago. We are poorer, less secure, less happy. We have lost our identity and define ourselves by empty aphorisms which lack any meaning, cohesion or integrity. Our cities, architecture, art, music are ugly and incomprehensible. Our culture is increasingly desperate as wealth polarizes and divides. I can't say our prospects are so bright as to call what Canada is morphing into as a 'blessing'.

There are consequences for our decisions.

Last edited:

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Not sure that 'blessed' is the right word, because I'm totally non religious, but on the other hand, I go to church on Christmas Eve, because that's what we do. So let's use blessed. Or blesse, the French word for injured, if you like.

I live in Canada, in a place where we have almost no violent crime. My wife (she's retired) and I make decent professional middle class incomes. We have two kids who are smart and happy, one is in school, the other has a professional career. I have a 10 km commute to work. We have NO debt; we pay our credit cards off every month and haven't had a mortgage for 30 years. We live in a multicultural neighborhood, all single family homes, with English, French, Asian, and Arab neighbors.

Life is absolutely awesome. I don't have to wake up worrying about being shot; I don't have to think that I could be bombed, or carjacked. The biggest complaint that we have is that our property taxes are too high.

This whole living in Canada thing is awesome.

If you don't like where you live, you should move. Life is too short. That is my message for today.
I figure I am too....
Mortgage free for the last 21 years
But like everywhere else...Taxes are to damn high..... and it's too damn cold...dunno if it's the new furnace or advancing age, but I've had to up the thermostat one degree..
The worst crime here might be shoplifting..
The aboriginals are quiet, the Black Canadians are all nice french speaking folks (No gang bangers)

All in all The only thing I would welcome is a little bit of global warming....Haven't used the air conditioner in the summertime in the last several years

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
blessé of course means "wounded", not "blessed".

I wonder if you read my post.

What religion do I follow? I don't believe in God, or Jesus, or Allah, or any of that stuff. Please tell me.

It has embraced a culture of death (abortion and euthenasia), deformation, dissolution, decadence, absurdity, drug dependence, post structuralism, globalism. These are all rationalized on a very shallow sophistry of 'human rights' that deny any absolute morality, supernatural structure, reponsibility or consequences for decisions and promote radical individualism and a purely subjective spirituality (if any at all).

Our country is almost unrecognizable from that which existed 40 years ago. We are poorer, less secure, less happy. We have lost our identity and define ourselves by empty aphorisms which lack any meaning, cohesion or integrity. Our cities, architecture, art, music are ugly and incomprehensible. Our culture is increasingly desperate as wealth polarizes and divides. I can't say our prospects are so bright as to call what Canada is morphing into as a 'blessing'.

And yet, some of us think that diddling 14 year olds is wrong, whereas you think it's part of Christian morality. You seriously want to go toe to toe with me on that?

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia

I agree with that accessment.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
And yet, some of us think that diddling 14 year olds is wrong, whereas you think it's part of Christian morality. You seriously want to go toe to toe with me on that?

Nice generalization, albeit, perhaps you're attendance to church on xmas eve is for the molestation allowance you prefer that you believe all Christians partake in