How the premier of Ontario made himself irrelevant

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Oh oh, I know this one! By being a dumb fuck Conservative. :D

How the premier of Ontario made himself irrelevant​

In the current moment, there’s damn little Ford can do. All that can be done is being done by others. Ford, having delayed so long on taking any number of actions, now finds himself with little more he can do. His ability to alter the course of this nightmare has, at least for the moment, evaporated.

Last edited:

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Oh oh, I know this one! By being a dumb fuck Conservative. :D

How the premier of Ontario made himself irrelevant​

In the current moment, there’s damn little Ford can do. All that can be done is being done by others. Ford, having delayed so long on taking any number of actions, now finds himself with little more he can do. His ability to alter the course of this nightmare has, at least for the moment, evaporated.

I don't think his apology yesterday was in order. I think he mostly had it right in the first place. Things have got to the point where a little inconvenience isn't out of line. People are DYING folks!

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
I don't think his apology yesterday was in order. I think he mostly had it right in the first place. Things have got to the point where a little inconvenience isn't out of line. People are DYING folks!

Hog Wash.. it was business as usual at the border and airports and people didn't know it.. now that people are aware they are blocking flights..

The Canadian Government needs to stop ALL flights coming into Canada for 90.. if you want to leave.. leave. But you won't be allowed back for 90 days.

The USA is giving vaccine to truckers crossing into the USA. This has to be done on both sides of the border.. the main spread of this fucking virus is from truckers going to deeps states and returning with variants.

As for Canadian.. get as much sunshine as possible, and fresh air.. kills the virus dead.

Reactions: Twin_Moose

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Hog Wash.. it was business as usual at the border and airports and people didn't know it.. now that people are aware they are blocking flights..

The Canadian Government needs to stop ALL flights coming into Canada for 90.. if you want to leave.. leave. But you won't be allowed back for 90 days.

The USA is giving vaccine to truckers crossing into the USA. This has to be done on both sides of the border.. the main spread of this fucking virus is from truckers going to deeps states and returning with variants.

As for Canadian.. get as much sunshine as possible, and fresh air.. kills the virus dead.

While truckers may be responsible for a tiny portion of the virus spread they are not responsible for most of it. The ones responsible are people who don't leave or enter the country but gather in crowds and don't wear their masks!

Reactions: DaSleeper

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
23,000 Canadians die every year from second hand smoke. Do tell us all about how the govt is soo concerned about the the health and safety of the public. You can drive a car that's capable of WELL over the maximum speed limit anywhere in Canada, but the govt is concerned about public health and safety. Groper goes galavanting off on his "Please give me a UNSC seat" begging tour of Africa and Europe AFTER the WHO announced that covid was major public health matter of international concern, but the govt is sooo concerned about public health and safety.

Canadians die every f*cking day from preventable shit the govt doesn't give a damn about.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
While truckers may be responsible for a tiny portion of the virus spread they are not responsible for most of it. The ones responsible are people who don't leave or enter the country but gather in crowds and don't wear their masks!

Tiny.. over 1 million truckers cross the Canadian Border each month going to Texas, Florida, Georgia.. no mask mandate.

February of 2020 before COVID-19 was wildly know I went to Miami for plants, while there went to a club in Miami, then picked up more plants in Orlando, and stopped for 36 hours so went to Walt Disney.

When I return to Canada, cross at Winnipeg, up to Saskatoon, then Calgary ... I my way back to the Laredo, Texas I was so sick they put me in the hospital on March, 3rd, 2020.

After spending about 1 day, they released me with what they claimed as an unknown virus. So off to Texas, dropped the load, crossed into Mexico and was there for a week. Later when I returned to Canada they did a serology test.. I had COVID-19

So how many people was I in contact with.. you ever see that shampoo commercial.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit

Flights from India finally stopped last night. Every last flight for several months had the covid1984 infections.

We are waaaaaaay behind in vaccinations.

Who is behind both those? Ford or Turdeau?

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
23,000 Canadians die every year from second hand smoke. Do tell us all about how the govt is soo concerned about the the health and safety of the public. You can drive a car that's capable of WELL over the maximum speed limit anywhere in Canada, but the govt is concerned about public health and safety. Groper goes galavanting off on his "Please give me a UNSC seat" begging tour of Africa and Europe AFTER the WHO announced that covid was major public health matter of international concern, but the govt is sooo concerned about public health and safety.

Canadians die every f*cking day from preventable shit the govt doesn't give a damn about.
I guess you haven't been paying attention - the Gov't started over 50 years ago warning about the dangers of smoking, have passed laws forbidding the sale of cigarettes to minors, putting warnings on cigarette packages, forbidding smoking in public places, restaurants, pubs and parks. Know W.T.F. you are talking about before you go posting utter bull shit. It's jerks like you that get rumours started!

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Tiny.. over 1 million truckers cross the Canadian Border each month going to Texas, Florida, Georgia.. no mask mandate.

February of 2020 before COVID-19 was wildly know I went to Miami for plants, while there went to a club in Miami, then picked up more plants in Orlando, and stopped for 36 hours so went to Walt Disney.

When I return to Canada, cross at Winnipeg, up to Saskatoon, then Calgary ... I my way back to the Laredo, Texas I was so sick they put me in the hospital on March, 3rd, 2020.

After spending about 1 day, they released me with what they claimed as an unknown virus. So off to Texas, dropped the load, crossed into Mexico and was there for a week. Later when I returned to Canada they did a serology test.. I had COVID-19

So how many people was I in contact with.. you ever see that shampoo commercial.

Is it a million truckers or is it a million deliveries? One trucker may be easily capable of making 10 or more deliveries each month.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
I guess you haven't been paying attention - the Gov't started over 50 years ago warning about the dangers of smoking, have passed laws forbidding the sale of cigarettes to minors, putting warnings on cigarette packages, forbidding smoking in public places, restaurants, pubs and parks. Know W.T.F. you are talking about before you go posting utter bull shit. It's jerks like you that get rumours started!
And yet 45,000 Canadians still die every year from it. You'll have to excuse me, I confused the 23,000 second-hand smoke deaths number with a different country. As for passing laws prohibiting the sale of tobacco to minors, by allowing the Natives to make their own smokes a massive contraband cigarette market was created where the re-sellers don't give a shit how old you are. According to a Canadian Nicotine and Tobacco Survey in 2019, 5% of kids 15-19 surveyed said they smoked on a regular or somewhat regular basis. Where are they getting the cigarettes and vapes if the govt put an age restriction on smoking? Rumours? Go f*ck yourself.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
And yet 45,000 Canadians still die every year from it. You'll have to excuse me, I confused the 23,000 second-hand smoke deaths number with a different country. As for passing laws prohibiting the sale of tobacco to minors, by allowing the Natives to make their own smokes a massive contraband cigarette market was created where the re-sellers don't give a shit how old you are. According to a Canadian Nicotine and Tobacco Survey in 2019, 5% of kids 15-19 surveyed said they smoked on a regular or somewhat regular basis. Where are they getting the cigarettes and vapes if the govt put an age restriction on smoking? Rumours? Go f*ck yourself.
Your credibility just took another dive. :)

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010

Yup. Had a buddy of mine try this excuse just yesterday.

Bullshit spreads fast.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Here is something to think about.

Would you be upset if they quietly reduced the nicotine content of tobacco? There are tobacco cultivars that are nicotine free. Would anyone notice if they were weened off through blending?

• Wow

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit

Your credibility just took another dive. :)
He's right. The same thing is happening with cannabis. Legalization was supposed to kill the black market but because legal weed is overpriced illegal markets are thriving and charging more than they did before legalization.

• Wow
Reactions: Twin_Moose and JLM