How the GW myth is perpetuated

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
In 98 I was working in the Arctic. All of them up there are terrible.

1998 was the last full year of my working career! I made up my mind then I was going to be retired for more years than I worked, so I'm well over half way now. I should have all my pension premiums back soon. :) Should start treading carefully, I guess.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
“It will be remembered as the greatest mass delusion in the history of the world – that CO2, the life of plants, was considered for a time to be a deadly poison.”

– Richard Lindzen, Professor Emeritus, Earth Sciences, M.I.T

A TRUE GALILEO OF OUR TIME

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Not at all. Not down in the US Plains. Not this early, December or January yeah.

I'll relate a little personal history Pete that you may find surprising. It was about Oct. 15 1968, we were headed west across Wyoming and when we got to Rawlins we stopped for gas before heading north to the Yellowstone. Well the side of the car was one solid sheet of ice and we mentioned to the station attendant we were on our way north to Yellowstone. He told us there was a blizzard blowing there and we'd be absolutely crazy even to try it, so we didn't. Rawlins would be at close to 7000' elevation. So yes that shit can happen on the U.S. plains at this time of year. (Watch for a "thumbs down" hehehehehe)

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
“It will be remembered as the greatest mass delusion in the history of the world – that CO2, the life of plants, was considered for a time to be a deadly poison.”

– Richard Lindzen, Professor Emeritus, Earth Sciences, M.I.T

A TRUE GALILEO OF OUR TIME
There are bigger lies, I'm not surprised that you missed every single one of them.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
I'll relate a little personal history Pete that you may find surprising. It was about Oct. 15 1968, we were headed west across Wyoming and when we got to Rawlins we stopped for gas before heading north to the Yellowstone. Well the side of the car was one solid sheet of ice and we mentioned to the station attendant we were on our way north to Yellowstone. He told us there was a blizzard blowing there and we'd be absolutely crazy even to try it, so we didn't. Rawlins would be at close to 7000' elevation. So yes that shit can happen on the U.S. plains at this time of year. (Watch for a "thumbs down" hehehehehe)
What did you call the blizzard that covered the one side in ice??

Maybe you can fill in the right date as well.
https://www.wunderground.com/history/monthly/us/wy/casper/KCPR/date/1968-10

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Wrong end of Wyoming.
Feel free to choose the right location from that link. That is what came up when I typed in that town.

Any ice buildup I have had was on the front as I was driving at the time, yes I had to stop a few time to 'de-ice'. On the side was for cars parked with that side facing the wind. That was also '@ higher elevations' so once over that part it turned back into rain.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Mid-Oct is not really 'anytime'. A 'seasoned driver' would have had chains and just carried on with a full tank of gas.

Oooooooooooh, I guess I was under the delusion that "any time" took in everything from Jan. 1 - Dec 31...……...me stupid!