How often does this site go down?

Ten Packs

Council Member
Nov 21, 2004
Kamloops BC
Or would it be easier to ask how often it is UP???

It's really getting ridiculous lately... This is the 4th time I have tried to get on this afternoon - WHAT'S THE PROBLEM? I have gotten to the point that it has slipped to #4, of the 4 Forums I hang out in, simply because I often think "oh, why bother" before trying to connect.

:evil:

Canucklehead

Apr 6, 2005
RE: How often does this s

I wasn't able to get to the site from ~2p to 5p PDT today either... yesterday was fine but Mon & Tues the connections were spotty in the late afternoon then better later on (EDT). I just figured a few neocon malcontents were trying a DOS attack or summat :evil:

unclepercy

Electoral Member
Jun 4, 2005
Baja Canada
I had trouble with the site too. But then, I am so far away - it seems to happen regularly. Although, come to think of it, I guess I wouldn't be farther than Vancouver is from Iqaluit....? That must be a lovely drive.

Uncle

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
hello 8O I think its pretty clear innit?? the site is down, so there was a problem...I am not calling germany everytime the site goes down, do I look like the bank of canada :twisted: And besides, some of us work for a living, and cannot be on the site all da time. Andem is working on it, I am sure he will find the problem. Now chill :p

Ten Packs

Council Member
Nov 21, 2004
Kamloops BC
And besides, some of us work for a living, and cannot be on the site all da time.

You forgot the "REOWWW! Pffft - Hissss - Pfffft!" , pea....

*** In his best Steve Martin imitation; " Well, EXCUUUUUUSSSE ME!"

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
no problemo brother atom bomb of mild reason.

Seems one should not change their avatar, a new one will not load 8O 8O I gots to roam around here naked now :lol: :lol: :lol:

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
How often does this site go down?

Are ya lookin' for a date or what, Ten Packs?

Or would it be easier to ask how often it is UP???

Okay, make your own jokes, that's just too easy...and probably uncalled for. :p

My cable has been fecked up for much of the day, so I never knew the site was down. Apparently Shaw has issues with snow.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
I know for a fact

that sometimes I can't get on the site, more often in the last three weeks. I'm a bit relieved that someone else was having trouble as well. I thought it might be just me. There have been three or four times over the last three weeks when I've been shut out for several hours. I don't know which is more frustrating; To get into the site and click on a topic and wait so long it times out, and eventually you give up, or just not being able to get in for a few hours. In defence of the site, all forums have these kind of problems from time to time. We should consider these little breaks as an opportunity to go for a bike ride, or as peapod says, get a little work done. Heaven forbid.. :wink: :lol:

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
Whatever dis problem is the wizard will fix it, perhaps a cloak is not the answer dis time, but maybe some nice liderhosen will do da trick.

sidenote: juan, you still gots me ma and pa's telly number, gives us a call dis weekend, I shall be visitin up your way. Java, perhaps with me and dat frito lay. :wink:

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
#juan said:
I know for a fact

that sometimes I can't get on the site, more often in the last three weeks. I'm a bit relieved that someone else was having trouble as well. I thought it might be just me. There have been three or four times over the last three weeks when I've been shut out for several hours. I don't know which is more frustrating; To get into the site and click on a topic and wait so long it times out, and eventually you give up, or just not being able to get in for a few hours. In defence of the site, all forums have these kind of problems from time to time. We should consider these little breaks as an opportunity to go for a bike ride, or as peapod says, get a little work done. Heaven forbid.. :wink: :lol:

Know what you mean. the site has been down a fair bit in the last while........and I too thought it was my system... ( which didn't really make sense as the internet was working just fine for mail and other sites.)

Don't know what the issues are.....but have confidence that they will be corrected ........by "head office" in Germany ;-)

(actually was afraid that some a**hole had "corrupted" it ....... just for some fun or vengence)

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
actually was afraid that some a**hole had "corrupted" it ....... just for some fun or vengence)

Don't worry ocean the mentally ill gang cannot harm this site, who can stop a super hero in linderhosen eh???

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
Yes, there were problems throughout the week -- and I know exactly where they started, too. It seems the spiders of Yahoo, Google _AND_ MSN are hitting the site at the same time and each making requests every second... a little too much for the site to handle with the current traffic levels.

I'm sorry this has been experienced, and I've made some limits as to how many requests the databases will accept at any given time, but it just creates an overload. Sometimes nobody is around to get it back up... I cannot hire a server administrator to be onlinr 24/7 as that would just be too expensive to do on a forum that doesn't even serve advertisements.

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
yes well I dealt with dis problem, I calls the re-booter and if she does not answer...well I start yelling.....MOCHE! MOCHE! (cosmos unstable jack russell) Come on moche lets go to the park, come on moche bark! bark!...uh huh...works everytime...shortly there after....I gets a call from cosmos :wink:

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Re: RE: How often does this site go down?

Andem said:
Yes, there were problems throughout the week -- and I know exactly where they started, too. It seems the spiders of Yahoo, Google _AND_ MSN are hitting the site at the same time and each making requests every second... a little too much for the site to handle with the current traffic levels.

I'm sorry this has been experienced, and I've made some limits as to how many requests the databases will accept at any given time, but it just creates an overload. Sometimes nobody is around to get it back up... I cannot hire a server administrator to be onlinr 24/7 as that would just be too expensive to do on a forum that doesn't even serve advertisements.

Hey there Andem. THANKS for the update . Did not mean to sound "complaining" or whiney....... about the "problem". Keep up the excellent work. In truth , I am relieved that it is not my system........

Have a great day...