How cosmetic fillers can destroy your looks

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
They can turn skin blue and lumpy, leave you blind, and experts warn they could be a bigger scandal than faulty breast implants

Like most brides-to-be, Mary Catchpole, 41, wanted to look perfect in her wedding photos.
The mother-of-two had already lost 2.5 stone in preparation for her big day last year and thought a simple, non-invasive cosmetic procedure to plump up her face would make her look fresher and more youthful.

But the dermal filler injected into both her cheeks caused a devastating chain of physical reactions. Not only was her wedding ruined, but she has been left with serious nerve damage, blurred vision, insomnia, depression and a £10,000 bill for private medical care.

their stories:

Cosmetic fillers can destroy your looks: The truth behind botox | Mail Online

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Well that clinches it. Part of the repair I'm entitled to, because of my melanoma surgery, is filler to repair some of the scarring on my neck. Having fibromyalgia I've always taken a grim view of injecting anything into your body that might start an immune cascade. I've never understood why women are willing to end up sick like me just for vanity sake.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
They can turn skin blue and lumpy, leave you blind, and experts warn they could be a bigger scandal than faulty breast implants

Like most brides-to-be, Mary Catchpole, 41, wanted to look perfect in her wedding photos.
The mother-of-two had already lost 2.5 stone in preparation for her big day last year and thought a simple, non-invasive cosmetic procedure to plump up her face would make her look fresher and more youthful.

But the dermal filler injected into both her cheeks caused a devastating chain of physical reactions. Not only was her wedding ruined, but she has been left with serious nerve damage, blurred vision, insomnia, depression and a £10,000 bill for private medical care.

their stories:

Cosmetic fillers can destroy your looks: The truth behind botox | Mail Online

I really can't understand why she'd want to go through the procedure in the first place. She looked quite attractive in the "before" pictures!

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
I really can't understand why she'd want to go through the procedure in the first place. She looked quite attractive in the "before" pictures!

Because some women, and some men too, really buy into that superficial 'must look a certain way in order to be beautiful' crap. While I can understand, and at many times in my life actually relate to, the pressure that low self-confidence and low self-esteem places upon you, deep down I really believe that each one of us has 'beauty'. We are each unique and that in itself is beautiful, if only we'd stop listening to the cosmetics and fashion advertising and just learn to see that beauty.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I have to agree, she looks fine by me.

I was curious about how much $$$ womens spend per year on beauty products so I looked it up.

This does not include, cosmetic surgery, diets and weight loss programs.

I hope you're all sittiing...

$95 BILLION annually.

Analysts at Goldman Sachs estimate that the global beauty industry consisting of skin care worth $24 billion; make-up, $18 billion; $38 billion of hair-care products; and $15 billion of perfumes is growing at up to 7% a year, more than twice the rate of the developed world's GDP. The sector's market leader, L'Oreal, has had compound annual profits growth of 14% for 13 years. Sales of Beiersdorf's Nivea have grown at 14% a year over the same period.

H O L Y S H I T !

Ladies, we love you as you are so put your money into something useful.