How about eggs?

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
Foolish me! I should have known that this is something most Canadians would not have heard of. So thanx for posting that recipe.

Yes, it is a great way to start your day.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Crustless Quiche

This is a simple recipe for quiche that doesn't require you to make a pie crust.

Ingredients

2cups fillings of your choice (example broccoli, mushrooms, etc.) 1cup cheese shredded 1/4cup onion chopped 2cups milk
1cup biscuit baking mix (bisquick)
4large eggs
1/4teaspoon salt
1/8teaspoon black pepper

Directions

Heat oven to 400 degrees. Grease 10 inch pie plate or 8 inch square. Sprinkle fillings, onions and cheese in plate. Beat remaining ingredients until smooth and pour into plate. Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until a knife inserted halfway between edge and center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.

Risus

Genius
May 24, 2006
Toronto
Re: Crustless Quiche

This is a simple recipe for quiche that doesn't require you to make a pie crust.

Ingredients

2cups fillings of your choice (example broccoli, mushrooms, etc.) 1cup cheese shredded 1/4cup onion chopped 2cups milk
1cup biscuit baking mix (bisquick)
4large eggs
1/4teaspoon salt
1/8teaspoon black pepper

Directions

Heat oven to 400 degrees. Grease 10 inch pie plate or 8 inch square. Sprinkle fillings, onions and cheese in plate. Beat remaining ingredients until smooth and pour into plate. Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until a knife inserted halfway between edge and center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.

I'm going to have to try this one. Maybe tomorrow.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
Well, I was on my way into the kitchen deciding whether to have a Spanish omelet or poached eggs on toast when I looked out the window and saw a couple ripe peppers in the garden.

Denver sandwich:

2 jumbo eggs, splash of Jersey cream, small onion chopped, maybe a half cup of chopped green and red pepper, and a half cup of cubed ham.

Mess all the ingredients together and sautee in butter till done. Put on buttered toast, sprinkle with pepper (salt, too if you like that sort of thing), and eat. :D

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
Yep, my mom said that too, and her pastry was the best!
I use lard when I make pastry but I have used the "never fail" recipe my Aunt gave to me over 40 years ago and I can handle it all I want. It is still nice and flaky. In fact, sometimes it's too "short" which means it's too flaky.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
I use lard when I make pastry but I have used the "never fail" recipe my Aunt gave to me over 40 years ago and I can handle it all I want. It is still nice and flaky. In fact, sometimes it's too "short" which means it's too flaky.
Care to share? Neither of us can make pie dough worth a hoot. My mother used to make good dough but she is not capable anymore. :)