House blows up in Caledon.....

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
House explosion in Caledon, Ont., leaves man dead, up to 35 neighbours displaced

An estimated 10 to 15 homes have been damaged, gas has been shut off as cause under investigation

Last year at about Feb 5th we had a similar occurrence in Kapuskasing
A natural gas explosion in a garage about a mile away from my place
The sound or shock wave of that blast was so loud that I thought a car had rammed into the neighbour's house and went outside to look around.
All that is needed is a spark and the right mixture of natural gas and oxygen...

White_Unifier

Senate Member
Feb 21, 2017
House explosion in Caledon, Ont., leaves man dead, up to 35 neighbours displaced
An estimated 10 to 15 homes have been damaged, gas has been shut off as cause under investigation

Last year at about Feb 5th we had a similar occurrence in Kapuskasing
A natural gas explosion in a garage about a mile away from my place
The sound or shock wave of that blast was so loud that I thought a car had rammed into the neighbour's house and went outside to look around.
All that is needed is a spark and the right mixture of natural gas and oxygen...

Where's the link?

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
A pilot light should have ignited the gas before it reached this level. Out here there would be no insurance if it blows up but doesn't catch fire as fire insurance and explosion insurance are two different events, not that it matters if you are dead.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
A pilot light should have ignited the gas before it reached this level. Out here there would be no insurance if it blows up but doesn't catch fire as fire insurance and explosion insurance are two different events, not that it matters if you are dead.

The dead man doesn't care about his insurance.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Why didn't I think of that, . . . . oh wait, . . . . I did.
'not that it matters if you are dead.'

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
My money is on drug production.
Winter.

Frost is a very powerful phenomenon. It'll turn mountains to dust. Shifting a house 6 inches and breaking pipes is common.

As for the pilot, what pilot? They are antique.

Electric ignitors allow gas to build and then kaboom.

Propane stored indoors are another common source of explosion. It's denser than air and will pool. One lite spark from a beer fridge fan and kaboom.

Making/refining dope would have that big of an explosion.