Hi Andem

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
Hello Vanni.:smile:

I realize I am not Andem, but I might be able to help(since the layout is different from when you were here last and all).:smile:

If you click on 'Settings'(top right of screen), you will go to your 'Control Panel'. From there, click on 'Edit Preferences', which will bring you to a new page. Three sections down is a section called 'Private Messaging'. Underneath that is an option to 'Enable Private Messaging'. Perhaps yours is not enabled so if you were to click it you may get it working again.

I hope this helped.:smile:

Vanni Fucci

Senate Member
Dec 26, 2004
8th Circle, 7th Bolgia
the-brights.net
Thanks Shadowshiv

When I click on Edit Preferences I get the following sections:

Your Privacy
Notifications
Thread Display Options
Date and Time Options
User Interface

None of these sections allow for enabling Private Messaging.

In my Priavate Messages folder, it says I have 1 message in my inbox of 0 allowed. I had a few hundred messages in there from by previous life here, but I cleared them all out thinking that I was over some sort of quota, but that message hasn't changed, and I'm still not able to PM.

There is a link on Andem's message that says 'Reply with Quote', but when I click on that, it takes me back to the default forum page.

Outta here

Senate Member
Jul 8, 2005
Edmonton AB
Hi Vanni Fucci,

It looks like you are indeed missing the entire Private Messaging section on your Edit Preferences page. Checking your profile, I see that your pms are enabled, so it looks like Andem will need to look into this. Sorry I couldn't help, but I will draw his attention to this thread.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
Thanks Shadowshiv

When I click on Edit Preferences I get the following sections:

Your Privacy
Notifications
Thread Display Options
Date and Time Options
User Interface

None of these sections allow for enabling Private Messaging.

In my Priavate Messages folder, it says I have 1 message in my inbox of 0 allowed. I had a few hundred messages in there from by previous life here, but I cleared them all out thinking that I was over some sort of quota, but that message hasn't changed, and I'm still not able to PM.

There is a link on Andem's message that says 'Reply with Quote', but when I click on that, it takes me back to the default forum page.

Sorry I wasn't able to help you Vanni.:-(

With Zan sending a shout to Andem, I am sure it will not be long at all before you will be able to send and receive PMs again. Hopefully you were able to read your PMs before you deleted them.:-(

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
Yeah...I downloaded them into a csv file...some fond memories there, and bridges to some of the gaps...:lol:

How different is CC now from when you were a Moderator, Vanni? Has it really changed a lot in three years?:smile:

Vanni Fucci

Senate Member
Dec 26, 2004
8th Circle, 7th Bolgia
the-brights.net
How different is CC now from when you were a Moderator, Vanni? Has it really changed a lot in three years?:smile:

Aside from the layout, [which truth be told, I don't really remember how exactly it was laid out, I just know it's different] the people that post here are far more civilized that back then...

I see people from all sides of the political spectrum posting politely [for the most part] on a wide variety of topics...

When I was mod, this was considered a left-wing board and consequently became a target for extreme right-wing trolls...they would cause trouble here and then go brag on their right-wing forums how they got banned here...

Things here and now seem far more mellow than back then...either that, or I do...:cool:

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
Aside from the layout, [which truth be told, I don't really remember how exactly it was laid out, I just know it's different] the people that post here are far more civilized that back then...

I see people from all sides of the political spectrum posting politely [for the most part] on a wide variety of topics...

When I was mod, this was considered a left-wing board and consequently became a target for extreme right-wing trolls...they would cause trouble here and then go brag on their right-wing forums how they got banned here...

Things here and now seem far more mellow than back then...either that, or I do...:cool:

Well, I for one am glad you decided to come back to the CC fold. From what I have read of your posts so far I consider you a good egg.:cool:

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
Hi Vanni,

I took a look at your profile settings and indeed, you had some privileges disabled for the time being (from many years ago)... I'm sure you understand we did have serious problems with mass-pms coming from another site. I've restored your profile to full rights. If you've got anymore issues, just pm me.

scratch

Senate Member
May 20, 2008
Correct placing of moderators........

With all due consideration to you and the Administration of Canadian Content, the `private sand-box`of the current moderators has to go.

Canada being the second largest country on the face of the earth, with five time zones needs to have better moderation.

That is to say that example: a mod for B.C., Alberta & Saskatchewan.
A mod for Manitoba to Southeastern Ontario (no further than Brockville).
And finally the remaining part of Southeastern Ontario right through to Atlantic Canada.

Better representation for the members.

And mods should not be appointed but voted on by the membership.

Sincere Regards,
scratch

Vanni Fucci

Senate Member
Dec 26, 2004
8th Circle, 7th Bolgia
the-brights.net
Hi Vanni,

I took a look at your profile settings and indeed, you had some privileges disabled for the time being (from many years ago)... I'm sure you understand we did have serious problems with mass-pms coming from another site. I've restored your profile to full rights. If you've got anymore issues, just pm me.

Thanks Andem,

Looks much better now...:thumbright:

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
With all due consideration to you and the Administration of Canadian Content, the `private sand-box`of the current moderators has to go.

Canada being the second largest country on the face of the earth, with five time zones needs to have better moderation.

That is to say that example: a mod for B.C., Alberta & Saskatchewan.
A mod for Manitoba to Southeastern Ontario (no further than Brockville).
And finally the remaining part of Southeastern Ontario right through to Atlantic Canada.

Better representation for the members.

And mods should not be appointed but voted on by the membership.

Sincere Regards,
scratch
Thanks for offering your opinion, but we have more than enough moderators to cover many timezones.

Reactions: shadowshiv