Happy canada day!!

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
To ALL Canadians- you are dating yourself Walter, but hey a lot of people prefer the old moniker- who was the idiot that changed it to "Canada Day"? Anyway it's a good country (in most ways) that we live in and we are still the richest country in the world.

Sorry JLM, but I personally like Canada Day much better than I like Dominion Day. The word Dominion has a negative connotation. It sounds too much like the American ‘Manifest Destiny’, which said that USA has the right to annex Canada, Mexico, South America etc.

Canada Day tells us exactly what it is. We are not interested in establishing Dominion over anybody. We are proud of our country, the best in the world and we are celebrating Canada. We are not celebrating Dominion over anybody.

If Trudeau changed the name (I didn’t know that), I say more power to him. That sounds like the kind of sensible thing that Trudeau would do.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Sorry JLM, but I personally like Canada Day much better than I like Dominion Day. The word Dominion has a negative connotation. It sounds too much like the American ‘Manifest Destiny’, which said that USA has the right to annex Canada, Mexico, South America etc.

Canada Day tells us exactly what it is. We are not interested in establishing Dominion over anybody. We are proud of our country, the best in the world and we are celebrating Canada. We are not celebrating Dominion over anybody.

If Trudeau changed the name (I didn’t know that), I say more power to him. That sounds like the kind of sensible thing that Trudeau would do.

Nah, I've always thought "Dominion" has a nice ring to it. "Canada Day" totally lacks imagination, sort of like naming your dog "Dog".

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Now, now! Watch out your Karma don't bite you on the ass!!:lol:

That's Okay Cliff, you and I just see Mr. Trudeau though different glasses, perhaps yours are Rose coloured and mine are clear.................:lol::lol::lol:

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
That's Okay Cliff, you and I just see Mr. Trudeau though different glasses, perhaps yours are Rose coloured and mine are clear.................:lol::lol::lol:

Mine are very clear. I was referring to bad mouthing in general. What you put out there can come back to you in unexpected ways. That is how karma works - for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. Bad mouthing a dead guy probably doesn't sit well with those who matter in the karma game.:roll:

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Mine are very clear. I was referring to bad mouthing in general. What you put out there can come back to you in unexpected ways. That is how karma works - for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. Bad mouthing a dead guy probably doesn't sit well with those who matter in the karma game.:roll:

I guess most of the world has a big problem Cliff, between Hilter Mussolini, Stalin and Ronnie Reagan, everyone is guilty of it at some point. You believe in reincarnation, I guess, I know I do, that's why I drop a little praise now and then..:lol::lol: