Carrie Fisher to appear in 'Star Wars: Episode IX'
Postmedia News
More from Postmedia News
Published:
July 27, 2018
Updated:
July 27, 2018 7:16 PM EDT
Carrie Fisher in Star Wars: The Last Jedi. AP
The late Carrie Fisher will reprise her role as Leia Organa in Star Wars: Episode IX.
Lucasfilm made the announcement when it unveiled the cast for the final instalment of its main Disney trilogy.
Episode IX’s director and co-writer J.J. Abrams will use previously unreleased footage that was shot for “The Force Awakens.”
“We desperately loved Carrie Fisher,” says Abrams said in a statement. “Finding a truly satisfying conclusion to the Skywalker saga without her eluded us. We were never going to recast, or use a CG character. With the support and blessing from her daughter, Billie, we have found a way to honour Carrie’s legacy and role as Leia in Episode IX by using unseen footage we shot together in Episode VII.”
Fisher died from sudden cardiac arrest in December 2016 at age 60.
Actors Naomi Ackie, Richard E. Grant, and Keri Russell are set to join Episode IX.
Returning cast members include Daisy Ridley, Adam Driver, John Boyega, Oscar Isaac, Lupita Nyong’o, Domhnall Gleeson, Kelly Marie Tran, Joonas Suotamo, and Fisher’s daughter, Billie Lourd.
Star Wars veterans Mark Hamill and Anthony Daniels will be joined by Billy Dee Williams, who will reprise his role as Lando Calrissian.
http://starwars.com/news/star-wars-episode-ix-cast-announced
http://torontosun.com/entertainment/movies/carrie-fisher-to-appear-in-star-wars-episode-ix

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
'Game of Thrones' actor tapped for Star Wars TV series 'The Mandalorian' role
WENN - World Entertainment News Network
Published:
November 14, 2018
Updated:
November 14, 2018 7:00 PM EST
Pedro Pascal attends the "Narcos" Season 3 New York Screening After party on August 21, 2017 in New York City. (Theo Wargo/Getty Images)
Actor Pedro Pascal is in talks to take flight in the new Star Wars TV series The Mandalorian.
The former Game of Thrones star has reportedly been tapped as the lead for the first live-action show of Disney’s forthcoming streaming service, reports Variety.
Penned by Iron Man’s Jon Favreau, the top secret project will follow the travels of a lone gunfighter following the fall of the Empire and before the rise of the First Order.
Further casting details for The Mandalorian have yet to be released, but the series already boasts a star-studded line-up of directors – Star Wars: The Clone Wars’ Dave Filoni will take charge of the first episode, while Thor: Ragnarok filmmaker Taika Waititi, Dope’s Rick Famuyiwa, and actress Bryce Dallas Howard will also be stepping behind the camera for season one.
The Disney+ service has yet to be given an official launch date, but it is expected to be unveiled next year.
Theft on ‘Star Wars’ TV series set
http://torontosun.com/entertainment...-for-star-wars-tv-series-the-mandalorian-role

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Nick Nolte joins Jon Favreau's Star Wars series 'The Mandalorian'
Published:
November 30, 2018
Updated:
November 30, 2018 7:11 PM EST
Nick Nolte is seen during the 2017 Television Critics Association Summer Press Tour at the Beverly Hilton on Tuesday, July 25, 2017, in Beverly Hills, Calif.Chris Pizzello / Invision / AP
Hollywood veteran Nick Nolte is stepping into the Star Wars universe for upcoming TV series The Mandalorian.
Filmmaker Jon Favreau is writing and executive producing the live-action show, and he recently cast Kingsman: The Golden Circle actor Pedro Pascal as the lead.
Now Nolte has been added in an undisclosed role, according to The Hollywood Reporter, joining a line-up which also includes Fast and Furious 6 actress Gina Carano.
Gina Carano. Alex Urosevic / Postmedia Network File Photo
Set in the time period between 1983’s Star Wars: Episode VI — Return of the Jedi and 2015’s The Force Awakens, The Mandalorian will follow the adventures of a lone gunfighter following the fall of the Empire and before the rise of the First Order.
‘Game of Thrones’ actor tapped for Star Wars TV series
Theft on ‘Star Wars’ TV series set
The series will also feature a number of top directors — Star Wars: The Clone Wars’ Dave Filoni takes charge of the first episode, while Thor: Ragnarok filmmaker Taika Waititi, Dope’s Rick Famuyiwa, and actress Bryce Dallas Howard will also be stepping behind the camera for season one.
The Mandalorian is set to air on Disney’s forthcoming streaming service, which is expected to launch next year.
http://hollywoodreporter.com/video/mandalorian-adds-nick-nolte-cast-pedro-pascal-watch-1165518
http://torontosun.com/entertainment/television/nick-nolte-joins-jon-favreaus-star-wars-series

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
With CGI being real time spotting the fake is going to be a lot harder. I want a couch that comes with a seat-belt an cup-holders, if you can't beat them join them.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Bibi is claiming to k now all about God's plans. I'm thinking not, how is that racist?? You have an addiction issue.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Mark Hamill can't be trusted with 'Star Wars' scripts: 'You can’t even keep it overnight'
Published:
December 13, 2018
Updated:
December 13, 2018 11:31 AM EST
This file image released by Lucasfilm shows Mark Hamill as Luke Skywalker in "Star Wars: The Last Jedi."
Mark Hamill is under more pressure than ever to learn his Star Wars lines in record time as he’s no longer allowed to keep scripts overnight.
The veteran actor, one of the sci-fi franchise’s original stars, has been forced to adapt to changing times as security measures for the latest Disney instalments continue to tighten year after year in a bid to avoid plot leaks.
SPOILER ALERT: Mark Hamill read ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ script backwards
Mark Hamill can’t watch emotional final scene with Carrie Fisher
THE FORCE IS WITH HIM: Mark Hamill stops traffic at Walk of Fame star unveiling
However, Mark reveals the restrictions put in place for the forthcoming Episode IX, in which he reprises his role as Luke Skywalker, are worse than ever.
“They’re going to fly (the rewrites) over with somebody from the company (producers Lucasfilm/Disney),” he explained to Entertainment Weekly.
“They’re going to come and give it to me and wait for me to read it before I give it back. So no pressure! You can’t even keep it overnight. But that’s the way it is now.”
The new rules are vastly different from the ones Mark had to abide by when he was preparing to shoot 2017’s Star Wars: The Last Jedi, because at that point, he was still permitted to hold on to some pages of the script and make notes, while locking it in a safe overnight to prevent it from getting lost.
Reflecting on how far the script security has come since the first movie in 1977, Hamill, 67, said, “I remember back when I read the first Star Wars (script), I was like, ‘Wow, that’s the goofiest thing I’ve ever read.’ I gave it to my best friend to read, and I said, ‘What do you think of it?’ He said, ‘It’s really wild, it’s crazy, can I give it to (friend) Meredith?’ ‘Sure, go ahead.’ It went around to all my friends.”
“Of course back then nobody cared,” he added, joking, “Nowadays it’s like working for some secret deep state government organization, like being in the CIA.”
Star Wars: Episode IX, directed by J.J. Abrams, is set for release in December, 2019.
http://ew.com/movies/2018/12/11/mark-hamill-episode-ix-spoiler-security
http://torontosun.com/entertainment...-wars-scripts-you-cant-even-keep-it-overnight

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Mark Hamill teases Star Wars return
Published:
March 20, 2019
Updated:
March 20, 2019 12:00 PM EDT
What Is Mark Hamill Teasing?
featured by
Mark Hamill has teased his next appearance as Luke Skywalker in the upcoming Star Wars: Episode IX.
The veteran actor stopped by U.S. talk show Jimmy Kimmel Live! on Tuesday night to promote his TV series Knightfall, and during the chat he revealed that the make-up department glued a fake medieval beard over the top of his natural beard, which he had to keep due to “something else.”
Jimmy then interrupted his story to ask Mark if he had filmed an appearance in the next instalment of Star Wars, despite Luke seemingly dying at the end of Star Wars: The Last Jedi.
“Well it’s NDA, that’s non-disclosure agreement,” Mark said, turning to give the audience a theatrical wink. “Don’t quote me. One of my favourite quotes a politician said, ‘Don’t quote me and don’t quote me as not wanting to be quoted.’”
“So you were shooting simultaneously?” Jimmy asked, to which Mark said, “Possibly.”
Story continues below
“And we know then maybe that Luke Skywalker has a beard still and has a body still in the next movie?” the host continued, and the 67-year-old vaguely replied, “Which movie?”
Jimmy then showed a recent tweet in which Mark poked fun at Star Wars fans who constantly ask him when the Episode IX trailer will be coming out by sharing a picture of himself stood by his on set caravan trailer.
“You know I love driving the Disney executives crazy because what are they gonna do, fire me?” Mark laughed. “I’m in that really calming lull between the time after you make the movie and before it comes out, they don’t want you say anything and I’m good at that. But, like I say on my Twitter account, people are constantly saying, ‘When’s the trailer dropping?’ ‘What’s the title?’ They wouldn’t tell me that! I play dumb, I say, (adopts accent) ‘They made another Star Wars movie?’ Nobody tells me anything.”
Episode IX, starring Daisy Ridley, Adam Driver and Oscar Isaac, is set to hit cinemas in December.
http://torontosun.com/entertainment/movies/mark-hamill-teases-star-wars-return