Gun Supporter Sen Linda Collins-Smith shot dead

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
What amazes me is that so many republicans and conservatives want the freedom to have guns, open carry, etc and don't want government interfering with their freedoms and liberties, but are more than willing to put restrictions on women's reproductive organs. Does anybody else see the hypocrisy there?

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
Yeah, all the dead babies do I'm sure.
;)
half of them are female.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
What amazes me is that so many republicans and conservatives want the freedom to have guns, open carry, etc and don't want government interfering with their freedoms and liberties, but are more than willing to put restrictions on women's reproductive organs. Does anybody else see the hypocrisy there?
Nope. If I want a gun, society isn't going to buy one for me. My right, MY responsibility. But if a woman wants an elective abortion, society is forced to buy one for them.
See the hypocrisy there?

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Nope. If I want a gun, society isn't going to buy one for me. My right, MY responsibility. But if a woman wants an elective abortion, society is forced to buy one for them.
See the hypocrisy there?
No. Most medical procedures are elective. As is education. Yet you don't seem to be too upset about the government paying for that.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
Guns and abortions.

Guns and axes.

Guns and ladders.

What can't guns be compared to?

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
No. Most medical procedures are elective. Yet you don't seem to be too upset about the government paying for that.
Uh, wrong. The govt up here does NOT pay for elective surgeries EXCEPT for non-medical abortions and sex changes. But thanks for playing.
Your education example doesn't cut it either. EVERYBODY gets an education. In fact, the govt practically forces it on you, or used to anyway.

Religious freedom is a right. I guess society should be forced to pony up and pay for all the churches, mosques and synagogues that get built.

Language freedom is a right (in Canada). I guess I should be able to force society to pay for me to learn French again.

Mobility is a right. I guess the next time I move society should pay my moving expenses.

Groper just announced that housing is a right. Guess where I'm going with this.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Uh, wrong. The govt up here does NOT pay for elective surgeries EXCEPT for non-medical abortions and sex changes. But thanks for playing.
Uh, nice try. Most medical procedures aren't surgery, fool. Vaccination is elective. Getting treated for a sprained ankle is elective. Getting treated for a disease is elective.

Your education example doesn't cut it either. EVERYBODY gets an education. In fact, the govt practically forces it on you, or used to anyway.
So. . . something should only be an entitlement if everybody gets it? Wow, that'll make health-care much cheaper. Not everybody gets cancer, so no treatment for cancer! Voila!

Religious freedom is a right. I guess society should be forced to pony up and pay for all the churches, mosques and synagogues that get built.
Language freedom is a right (in Canada). I guess I should be able to force society to pay for me to learn French again.
Mobility is a right. I guess the next time I move society should pay my moving expenses.
Groper just announced that housing is a right. Guess where I'm going with this.
At this point "where you're going with this" is clearly "off the rails (and into a line of clown cars)."

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
No. Most medical procedures are elective. As is education. Yet you don't seem to be too upset about the government paying for that.
Emergency trauma care may not be elective. Depending on what sort of shape you're in, the default is to treat you without consent if they can't get it from you in a timely manner..