Gun Control is Completely Useless.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Last time I was stopped coming from the wine and beer store the officer made me blow , after the third failed attempt he threatened me with failure to blow . Finally after about five attempts I found enough air to make it work . The officer was pissed off the breathalyzer showed zero blood alcohol.
RCMP of course .

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Last time I was stopped coming from the wine and beer store the officer made me blow , after the third failed attempt he threatened me with failure to blow . Finally after about five attempts I found enough air to make it work . The officer was pissed off the breathalyzer showed zero blood alcohol.
I’m assuming that you can’t consume alcohol at the beer and wine store? It’s just the point of sale purchase place?

If so, prior to this previous government, what you describing would probably have been seen as harassment I would guess. Previous to the current government, what reason would they have to suspect that you’ve been drinking as you’re leaving a retail establishment where you can’t consume alcohol on site?

Were you driving erratically (?) or walking in a zigzag pattern as if you were avoiding gunfire (?) or some other reason to raise their curiosity and suspicion? Just lucky?

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
The Toronto Police are now advising residents to make it easier for criminals to steal their car.

At least, that’s the popular interpretation of a Toronto Police officer telling a town hall that homeowners should keep the keys to their car near the front door so that they “don’t get attacked.”

“They’re breaking into your home to steal your car. They don’t want anything else,” he said.

Fortunately, this doesn’t appear to be representative of departmental policy. Within hours of the statement, Toronto Police published a guide saying that while the key idea was “well meaning,” there are “also other ways to prevent auto theft motivated home invasions.”

In addition to immediately surrendering their automobile to home invaders, Torontonians were informed they could also “install a home security system” or “keep backyard gates locked.”

No, this is not from the Beaverton. That is all.

The Law & Order order spinoff series set in Toronto is being described highly unrealistic, as it depicts the Toronto Police repeatedly attempting to actually solve crimes and do police work.

John Brimshaw, a television critic for The Toronto Star, cited a baffling early episode where citizens come forward with reports of multiple missing persons in a specific neighborhood. The Toronto police take the reports seriously and end up uncovering a serial killer, instead of just ignoring the reports and then accidentally catching the serial killer a year and half later.

Globe and Mail arts columnist Kathleen Karter was equally critical in her review, finding one episode about an auto-theft ring particularly far-fetched. In it, the Toronto Police track the ring to a railyard and recover hundreds of vehicles instead of just telling victims to call their insurance companies, and, when given the exact location of the stolen vehicles by citizens with AirTags hidden in their cars, claim they don’t have jurisdiction over trains. This is actually from the Beaverton, but it’s hard to tell which of the above is satire.

Reactions: Taxslave2

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
“They’re breaking into your home to steal your car. They don’t want anything else,” he said.

Fortunately, this doesn’t appear to be representative of departmental policy. Within hours of the statement, Toronto Police published a guide saying that while the key idea was “well meaning,” there are “also other ways to prevent auto theft motivated home invasions.”

In addition to immediately surrendering their automobile to home invaders, Torontonians were informed they could also “install a home security system” or “keep backyard gates locked.”
OK, I'm gonna run up to TO and establish a "Car Theft Drop-Off." Cuz there's no reason to break into your house at all if you just bring the car to the thieves.