Greenpeace calls for Elections Canada probe of Ethical Oil

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Greenpeace is urging the commissioner of elections to find that if Ethical Oil spends funds it raises on activities supporting a political party's agenda, and has been set up by someone involved in the political party, then political donation limits have been contravened.
I hope Greenpeace gets what they want. It'd pretty much destroy Greenpeace.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Gotta look fashionable when one shows up at the weekly Greenpeace 'Save Mother Gaia' meeting.

I wonder if they car-pool or if each outcast drives individually?

How many moonbats can you fit in a Prius that is made from oil sands plastic, high carbon steel (coal) aluminum copper lead, lithium, bauxite and copper from mines that make the oil sands look like an dot on the map?

Last edited:

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
How many moonbats can you fit in a Prius that is made from oil sands plastic, high carbon steel (coal) aluminum and copper from lead, lithium, bauxite and copper mines that make the oil sands look like an dot on the map?

In considering a solution to that question, I have decided to think outside the box, or rather outside the Prius.

Although it isn't a 'powerful' car, I'll wager that you could fit 7 inside the vehicle and at least be able to drag another 10 behind attached by chains to collars around their necks.

There is no lack of ecotards that are prepared to chain themselves to trees, so no problem accessing an inventory of chains and collars.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
, what about Greenpeace and the Green Party?
Distance. Oodles of distance.

In considering a solution to that question, I have decided to think outside the box, or rather outside the Prius.

Although it isn't a 'powerful' car, I'll wager that you could fit 7 inside the vehicle and at least be able to drag another 10 behind attached by chains to collars around their necks.

There is no lack of ecotards that are prepared to chain themselves to trees, so no problem accessing an inventory of chains and collars.
All while smoking indoor weed.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
Well, if Greenpeace's thesis that it's illegal to pursue the same agenda as a political party is correct, what about Greenpeace and the Green Party?

My understanding is that the maintenance of 'charitable status' for these groups is predicated on a number of conditions, one of which relates to political activities. This is what got Suzuki in hot water and forced him to step down from the foundation that he built.

In the case of Greenpeace, I would guess that the CRA will analyze the nature of their direct activities and determine if they are in line with the rules governing charities in addition to any issues relating to promoting a political agenda

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
My understanding is that the maintenance of 'charitable status' for these groups is predicated on a number of conditions, one of which relates to political activities. This is what got Suzuki in hot water and forced him to step down from the foundation that he built.

In the case of Greenpeace, I would guess that the CRA will analyze the nature of their direct activities and determine if they are in line with the rules governing charities in addition to any issues relating to promoting a political agenda
Well, how can I do anything but approve? Sounds like a great little payday for my honourable profession.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
Well, how can I do anything but approve? Sounds like a great little payday for my honourable profession.

You can definitely count on that... In fact, a year or so ago, a handful of greenpeace activists scaled a building in downtown Calgary and strung a banner decrying the evils of fossil fuels and the oilsands.

The local cops took exception and arrested them for some (essentially) minor charges and pitched them into jail... One of the flunkies is Dutch and traveled from the Netherlands to participate, apparently not considering the ramifications in breaking the law in a foreign nation

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
You can definitely count on that... In fact, a year or so ago, a handful of greenpeace activists scaled a building in downtown Calgary and strung a banner decrying the evils of fossil fuels and the oilsands.

The local cops took exception and arrested them for some (essentially) minor charges and pitched them into jail... One of the flunkies is Dutch and traveled from the Netherlands to participate, apparently not considering the ramifications in breaking the law in a foreign nation
Oops. Or, in Dutch, "Oops."

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Noooooo that is were eastern Canada is importing oil from. YOU are part of the un-ethical problem.

What are you going to do about it?

Are you saying that oil that goes to the countries you don't approve is causing direct harm?

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.

Interesting.....but establishes absolutely NO formal ties between the Conservative Party and Ethical Oil.Org.....not even close.

BTW, if $38 is the average donation to the blog, then any corporate donations have to be very low. And from Canadian sources.......

As for the lefty site, the Tyee is one to talk!!

Tyee; Tides Canada; money laundering | Ezra Levant

No documentation, just suspicion, and innuendo.......

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
You must have a reading disorder because my main point was that they are dodging questions faster than gumby at daycare.