Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek

Reactions: Danbones and B00Mer

bob the dog

Council Member
Aug 14, 2020
More uproar over Blackberry hitting $18 Canadian.

Meanwhile all good with Tesla's $750 Billion market cap and Apple worth almost as much as the entire Canadian government debt.

Root issue imo.

Reactions: Twin_Moose

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek

Lots to digest in this link here is a tidbit

Musk: So it sounds like this organization calls you up and they basically have a gun to your head. Either you put up this money or else. Basically, what people are wondering is did you sell your clients down the river? Or did you have no choice? And if you had no choice that’s understandable. But then, you know, we’ve got to find out why you have no choice. And who are the people that are saying you have no choice?

Vlad: I think that’s fair. We have to comply with these requirements, financial institutions have requirements. The formula, behind these requirements… it would obviously be ideal if there was a little bit more transparency so we could plan better around that, but to be fair, we were able to open and serve our customers and 24 hours later, our team raised over a billion dollars in capital so that when we do open tomorrow morning we’ll be able to, kind of, relax the stringent position limits that we put on these securities on Friday.

Musk: Will there be any limits?

Vlad: Well I think there’s always going to be some theoretical limit, we don’t have infinite capital, right? And on Friday, there were limits. So, there’s always going to have to be some limit, I think the question is, will the limits be high enough to the point where they won’t impact 99.9-plus percent of customers. So if someone were to deposit $100 billion and decide to trade in one stock that wouldn’t be possible.

Musk: If you had no choice then you had no choice. It’s a ‘gun to the head situation’. That’s understandable.

Vlad: Yeah, these are unprecedented times, and to be fair to those guys they’ve been reasonable. So, I think the one thing that is maybe not clear to people is Robinhood is a participant in the financial system. So we have to work with all of these counter-parties, so we do get a lot of questions about, you know, ‘why do you work with market makers?’, why you work with clearinghouses. Vertically integrating… I mean it’s hard enough to build an introducing… clearing broker-dealer… not too many people have done that. But the financial system that allows customers to trade shares is sort of a complex web of multiple parties… Everyone says it could be better. It could be improved. It’s just the necessity of trading equities in the US, that you have to do all these things.

Musk: To what degree are you beholden to Citadel?

Vlad: There was a rumor that Citadel or other market makers kind of pressured us into doing this and that’s just false. Market makers execute our trades, they execute trades of every broker-dealer. This was a clearinghouse decision, and it was just based on the capital requirements. So, from our perspective, you know, Citadel and other market makers weren’t involved in that.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Well today I picked up 150,000 shares MMEX at 0.004 cents a stock, a GREEN Energy Company.. During Obama/Biden years it was $2 a share. I'll sell when it hits $1. Already up 200% today.

AEZS the next short squeeze target for Reddit at $1.80 already made $400USD playing on CanCon today. They are working of COVID-19 vaccine. I will cash out when it hits $200 a share.