France Wants To Ban Full Head Covering On Muslim Women

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
ironsides, FDR knew exactly what to do with people who perpetrated an unprovoked attack.

If GWB had done the same instead of uttering the words which will go down in history as the most idiotic words ever spoken by a head of state (Islam is a religion of peace!) this would be a different - better - world.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
It is common practice here in Canada the school kids of Muslim faith will not sing OCanada or God Save the Q in schools because there Muslim parents forbid them to do so.
This is even they have pleadged alliance to the Queen to get their citizenship, but now they have it, it's back to their believes!!
The teachers in these schools protect these students from this becoming too public. I think it happened to get in public in Sask. and they try to keep it a low profile in other schools.

It's also common practice for Jehovah's Witnesses to refuse the sing the national anthem.

By the way, it's common practice for people to not sing along with the anthem at hockey games, some don't stand at attention, some even don't take off their hats. Horror!

Maybe we could just shoot everyone who doesn't act the way 'we' think they should.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
It's also common practice for Jehovah's Witnesses to refuse the sing the national anthem.

By the way, it's common practice for people to not sing along with the anthem at hockey games, some don't stand at attention, some even don't take off their hats. Horror!

Maybe we could just shoot everyone who doesn't act the way 'we' think they should.

We won't go anywhere unless have an aggressive sense of nationalism!!

Or something..

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
TenPenny;1411711 Maybe we could just shoot everyone who doesn't act the way 'we' think they should.[/QUOTE said:
That is exactly what 'we' (the West) have always done. We even shot the Chinese who sold us the first gunpowder.

Durry

House Member
May 18, 2010
Canada
d.
Yeah, the're probably Muslims, did you check ??...... Lol !!

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
The arenas only care that it is a full house, imagine making it mandatory, that would fold the sports industry, schools would have more teachers than students, all sorts of changes would happen, some might even be for the better as these aren't Christian inspired events.

cranky

Time Out
Apr 17, 2011
If i overlook the fact that this is a france story in a canadian politics thread...

Being able to see the face is not a valid concern in canada,as we allow voters to vote by mail.

ironsides

Executive Branch Member
Feb 13, 2009
United States
Voting is not the problem in the U.S. either what is the problem as simple as a picture on a drivers license and any other documents requiring a photo.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Lets get this straight the head covering is about tradition it is not part of the religion. This is
the great deception that keeps getting repeated. If it were about religion that's one thing but
this is about traditions versus what the religion dictates. It is time to quit playing games and
claiming everyone is being persecuted they are not, in fact in many cases the people coming
here are often attempting to subvert everyone to their will instead of the will of the nation.
Frankly I am getting sick of it. I have friends of many different faiths and ethnic backgrounds
and I am the same way with them as I am here. If you came to Canada, this should be your
primary nation of concern. Secondly Muslim Children should learn the same things in school
that other children learn including music and physical education. We are a society not a small
set of tribal communities and we work for the betterment of the entire community not just our
own little group, and if newcomers can't grasp that concept perhaps they should find a new
place to live. Personally I have lived here all my life and I don't mind making some changes to
accommodate my new neighbours, however I am not willing to change everything to please
someone who has been here the equivalent of ten minutes in time, and already they want to
remodel my house. Canadians had better get off their dead a** and onto their dying feet and
do something about this.

Durry

House Member
May 18, 2010
Canada
Canadians had better get off their dead a** and onto their dying feet and
do something about this.
Do something ???? Hey what happened to your accommodating nature???
Muslims want to do what they did in their country, in this country!! Somebody told them you were accommodating ???

Do you know that a powerful group of Muslims have bought a large block of land on the outskirts/near Toronto and Calgary. Their plan is to have a subdivision of the city which will be restricted to be occupied by Muslims only. They don't say, but I suspect they will apply their own laws (sharia) within Canadian law ie their mola (or who ever does this) will be the finally authority on disputes between Muslims.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Do something ???? Hey what happened to your accommodating nature???
Muslims want to do what they did in their country, in this country!! Somebody told them you were accommodating ???

Do you know that a powerful group of Muslims have bought a large block of land on the outskirts/near Toronto and Calgary. Their plan is to have a subdivision of the city which will be restricted to be occupied by Muslims only. They don't say, but I suspect they will apply their own laws (sharia) within Canadian law ie their mola (or who ever does this) will be the finally authority on disputes between Muslims.

YouTube - Accommodements raisonnables

cranky

Time Out
Apr 17, 2011
Lets get this straight the head covering is about tradition it is not part of the religion. This is
the great deception that keeps getting repeated. If it were about religion that's one thing but
this is about traditions versus what the religion dictates. It is time to quit playing games and
claiming everyone is being persecuted they are not, in fact in many cases the people coming
here are often attempting to subvert everyone to their will instead of the will of the nation.
Frankly I am getting sick of it. I have friends of many different faiths and ethnic backgrounds
and I am the same way with them as I am here. If you came to Canada, this should be your
primary nation of concern. Secondly Muslim Children should learn the same things in school
that other children learn including music and physical education. We are a society not a small
set of tribal communities and we work for the betterment of the entire community not just our
own little group, and if newcomers can't grasp that concept perhaps they should find a new
place to live. Personally I have lived here all my life and I don't mind making some changes to
accommodate my new neighbours, however I am not willing to change everything to please
someone who has been here the equivalent of ten minutes in time, and already they want to
remodel my house. Canadians had better get off their dead a** and onto their dying feet and
do something about this.

I dont care if its a religious or traditional headwear. Either way is a non issue as long as we allow voters to vote by mail.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
I dont care if its a religious or traditional headwear. Either way is a non issue as long as we allow voters to vote by mail.
That's the second time you write that and it's not as simple as you make it seem........
You need to have you credential verified by someone who is qualified to give an oath eg "Justice of the peace"
http://www.elections.ca/vot/reg/svr/National_e.pdf

It's also protected by the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms.

of course.......

Uncommented

YouTube - Arab Woman Eating Spaghetti - Funny!

YouTube - Woman Eating in Burka