Ford finally faces legal action.

BornRuff

Time Out
Nov 17, 2013
I wasn't trying to say what Ford would say!

I'm not implying that you did. I am simply asking you a question.

I personally don't think that people should expect to be treated any better than they treat others.

This guy has spent over a decade voting against extending this kind of compassion to others. Hell, he even called up Ottawa to ask if he could "deport" gangsters out of Toronto.

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
This is a public discussion board. If you don't want other people to comment on something, send it in a PM.

I never said you can't comment I was simply answering your question. I'll post where I want and what I want. If you don't like something I post report it, or don't or whatever.

Good grief. THIS IS A PUBLIC FORUM.

No way really?:)

Hey everyone this is a public forum so don't be directing posts directly at another poster that is what PMing is for.

BornRuff

Time Out
Nov 17, 2013
I never said you can't comment I was simply answering your question. I'll post where I want and what I want. If you don't like something I post report it, or don't or whatever.

Good grief. THIS IS A PUBLIC FORUM.

No way really?:)

Hey everyone this is a public forum so don't be directing posts directly at another poster that is what PMing is for.

In the tried and true Ford fashion, you seem all to eager to discuss anything other than the issue at hand.

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
Why would you respond to my post if you don't want to discus this topic with me?

I don't want to discuss this topic with you. I stated my case, it went over your head, or in one ear and out the other. I could stamp my feet, restate the points I was already clear on, but what would be the point.

As to responding to your post(s): You asked another question and I answered.

Perhaps you should PM me so as not upset the others about our one to one interaction.

bill barilko

Senate Member
Mar 4, 2009
Vancouver-by-the-Sea
By lurking in a ravine and taking photos over a fence?
That never happened we've been over that many times Please keep up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yet more apologies from Tubby Ford

Rob Ford apologizes again, Daniel Dale drops lawsuit
Legal action action against Vision TV still stands

Toronto Mayor Rob Ford issued a second apology late Wednesday, retracting in more detail statements he made earlier regarding Toronto Star reporter Daniel Dale that had prompted legal action.

"I wholly retract my statements and apologize to Mr. Dale without reservation for what I said," Ford said in a statement.

"There is absolutely no basis for the statement I made about Daniel Dale taking pictures of children or any insinuations I made," Ford added.

Ford went on to retract other statements, including that Dale had been found "lurking" or "leering" near his property.

Within minutes, Dale indicated via Twitter he is dropping his legal action against Ford.

"I won't be taking legal action against the mayor, and I’m looking forward to getting back to work," said Dale.

Dale added he has not, however, dropped his libel action against Vision TV, the channel on which Ford made his controversial remarks during an interview with Conrad Black.

Ford issued an apology for those remarks earlier this week, which Dale had deemed "clearly unsatisfactory."

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Fords best before date is getting close the reporter has decided the apology is not
good enough and it looks like it may yet go to court. One case lost and Fords house
of cards will fall and that is what Fords lawyer is worried about.If Rob was smart he
would fall on his sword here. And even Ford admits the guy was not taking pictures
of his kids that insinuation is what led him to where things are now Ford is trying to
retract it. He is not much of a leader he can't keep his cool or keep his mouth shut
when required.

BornRuff

Time Out
Nov 17, 2013
Looks like Ford blinked..... I don't think he should have.

What did he really have to gain by not apologizing? It was clear to everyone that he was in the wrong here. Even if Dale's case somehow was not successful, what would he really gain by going through a protracted legal battle over this?

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
What did he really have to gain by not apologizing? It was clear to everyone that he was in the wrong here. Even if Dale's case somehow was not successful, what would he really gain by going through a protracted legal battle over this?

Sorry, no, it was not "clear" to "everyone".

BornRuff

Time Out
Nov 17, 2013
I don't want to discuss this topic with you. I stated my case, it went over your head, or in one ear and out the other. I could stamp my feet, restate the points I was already clear on, but what would be the point.

As to responding to your post(s): You asked another question and I answered.

Perhaps you should PM me so as not upset the others about our one to one interaction.

So instead you are going to stamp your feet and constantly complain about how you don't want to discuss the topic?

It is mighty arrogant of you to assume that because I don't agree with you, I must just not understand what you are saying.

I get what you are saying, I clearly disagree though. You are claiming that there is some problem with the media, the Star in particular, but all you have cited are claims from a man who has yet again shown himself to be a liar, and then just calling them paparazzi or tabloids. You have not actually cited any case where they have done anything wrong(in anyone's view other than Rob's).

Sorry, no, it was not "clear" to "everyone".

You honestly think that it was right of him to state that Dale was in his backyard taking photos of his kids and insinuate that he was a pedophile?

I am not talking about if could win a legal case here, I am just talking about your logical sense of right and wrong.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

Maybe just clear to intelligent people!

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
This morning the news is Ford has been able to avoid going to court.
With all the nonsense going on this is likely a good thing, Entertainment
or not this is a sad saga playing out and may it can finally calm down a bit.
Ford would have lost and the reason is he opened his mouth accusing
a reporter of being interested in children. Such an accusation usually ruins
a career for the the accused. This time the Mayor had such little credibility
he was met with condemnation. That tells the story right there. Ford needs
help and in my view the family needs help. Like all upheavals at some point
the fire of the argument burns out its called scorched earth and in the end
there are no winners.

BornRuff

Time Out
Nov 17, 2013
Do women not love money?

Is this the kind of advice that we really want our Mayor giving?

I mean, in the grand scheme of Fordisms, this is far from the most problematic, but any other politician wouldn't be caught dead saying something like this.