For lunch today I had.....

mrmom2

Senate Member
Mar 8, 2005
Kamloops BC
I should know by wedneday Indoctrination is Saturday at noon so if they want me there they'll let me know right away 8) I heard through unofficial channels I'm going just waiting for the official call :wink:

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
Well when the red phone rings let us know and we will meet up with you in the hole in the wall at crofton..otherwise known as stinkyville :lol: :lol:

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
RE: For lunch today I had

I had homemade chicken veggie soup and potatoe salad.

It was ok. I may have put too much cabbage in the soup though....hard to tell I'll have to have it for dinner (again) and then I'll know for sure

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Re: RE: For lunch today I had.....

LaoWai said:
Machjo said:
I've never eaten dog yet as far as I can tell. Bear in mind, though, that my Chinese has only started to become decent in the last few months, so who knows what I might have eaten before that.... So there's still a reasonable chance that i've never eaten dog meat, though I have eaten unidentified meat at times.

It is doubtful that you will have eaten dog in Hefei. It is a rarity here. It can be found, but you won't get it unless you ask for it. It is a delicacy, an expensive one for most Hefeiren, or so I've been told by the locals.

你对的.狗肉很贵了. You're right, Dog meat is expense. At least from what I've heard. But I have eaten some nasty meat in Shanghai once. All the other foreigners seemed to love the fact that they couldn't identify that meat. Yet that's presisely what got me worried.

I've also had live shrimp drowing in a spicy sauce one. They're all dead by the end of the meal, but I'd eaten one before it was dead. And that was in Hefei. :(

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
Corn beef on a baguette LTO....coconut/raspberry tart.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
RE: For lunch today I had

Twila if your looking to gain some weight lay off the chicken eat more red meat and sugary snacks

K. How about this. I'm eating potatoe chips BEFORE I eat Chicken Madras on rice and salad. will that work?

I'll probably also enjoy 2 really big freezies. 1 orange 1 red. That should work.

i had a donut for breakfast. and oatmeal (with cream. not milk)

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
peapod said:
Oi! I just lost my appetite :p :lol:

Don't worry. I usually eat vegan. When I don't it's usually out of respect for the host. And even then, there's stuff I'll just refuse to eat!

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
peapod said:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: You are a brave lass machjo :wink:

Not at all. I still haven't reached the point where I'm capable of shoving a cube of fulou or chou doufu (both forems of fermented tofu) into my mouth without gagging. I tried with chou doufu once as part of a challenge, and I had to spit it out out of fear that I would vomit had I tried to swallow it whole. the stuff is vile, but some people here love it. All the more power to them!

My goal, however, is to one day be able to eat it without having to spit it out, or have it come out any other way.