FIRST READING: Why Tories (and not Liberals) are way better at putting women in high office

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC

Hmmmmm....
Rather similar here. Before they went stupid, the Republican Party had far more White-House worthy women than the Dems. Christy Todd Whitman. Nancy Landon Kassenbaum. Jeanne Kirkpatrick. Liddy Dole.

Only Democratic woman I can think of who matched them was Ann Richards.

Nowadays if I had to pick a woman, I think I'd go with Amy Klobuchar, Tammy Duckworth, or Gretchen Whitmer. Though I'm keeping an eye on Mallory McMorrow.

Reactions: Serryah

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
Rather similar here. Before they went stupid, the Republican Party had far more White-House worthy women than the Dems. Christy Todd Whitman. Nancy Landon Kassenbaum. Jeanne Kirkpatrick. Liddy Dole.

Only Democratic woman I can think of who matched them was Ann Richards.

Nowadays if I had to pick a woman, I think I'd go with Amy Klobuchar, Tammy Duckworth, or Gretchen Whitmer. Though I'm keeping an eye on Mallory McMorrow.
Well at least the dems have put a woman on the slate - the libs have never even had a female leader despite constantly going on about how they must have a 'balanced' cabinet and how it's so critical to get women into politics etc

Reactions: Taxslave2

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Well at least the dems have put a woman on the slate - the libs have never even had a female leader despite constantly going on about how they must have a 'balanced' cabinet and how it's so critical to get women into politics etc
….because(?)….”Because it’s 2015!!”

(I thought this thread was gonna be about who through the least number of females under the bus)

Reactions: petros

Taxslave2

House Member
Aug 13, 2022
To be fair though, Kim Campbell was basically Mulroney's sacrificial lamb. Although she didn't help herself out much either come election time.
From what I have read about her, she is far too much of an academic to have been suitable for the job.

Taxslave2

House Member
Aug 13, 2022
The BC NDP has certain ridings designated as women only candidates. Some how this is supposed to create equality, although I don’t see how.

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
But conservatives want women bare foot and pregnant in the kitchen . Who to believe .
Wow, you are so out of touch!! This is my take on the Conservatives I personally know:

Conservatives want their women to be intelligent, have common sense, have the freedom to work and/or stay at home if they so chose, are community oriented, kind and giving. They love their families and their children (if they decide to have any - there are those who don't). Some of us are religious, some are not. Some are community minded, others are not. Most are against abortion, some are not. We're human beings with foibles - we're not perfect.

Now for the other side:

The Left (including most Liberals) on the other hand are angry and want to change absolutely everything because they're not happy with their circumstances. So rather than figure out what is wrong with their life, they prefer to "imagine" a different life. But this "imaginative" life that they want to impose on everyone isn't what most people want in their lives which is where we are today. A minority is demanding that the majority change according to their "imaginative utopia". Babies are expendable, boys can be girls and girls can be boys, men can get pregnant - it's ludicrous! Who actually believes this crap? I worry about the mental health of our kids with this crap being taught in schools! It's inhumane.

What they haven't really realized is that until they change their own life, nothing they demand of us will make things better for them and simply ruin everything for everyone else. But apparently, according to the WEF, that's the goal.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Wow, you are so out of touch!! This is my take on the Conservatives I personally know:

Conservatives want their women to be intelligent, have common sense, have the freedom to work and/or stay at home if they so chose, are community oriented, kind and giving. They love their families and their children (if they decide to have any - there are those who don't). Some of us are religious, some are not. Some are community minded, others are not. Most are against abortion, some are not. We're human beings with foibles - we're not perfect.

Now for the other side:

The Left (including most Liberals) on the other hand are angry and want to change absolutely everything because they're not happy with their circumstances. So rather than figure out what is wrong with their life, they prefer to "imagine" a different life. But this "imaginative" life that they want to impose on everyone isn't what most people want in their lives which is where we are today. A minority is demanding that the majority change according to their "imaginative utopia". Babies are expendable, boys can be girls and girls can be boys, men can get pregnant - it's ludicrous! Who actually believes this crap? I worry about the mental health of our kids with this crap being taught in schools! It's inhumane.

What they haven't really realized is that until they change their own life, nothing they demand of us will make things better for them and simply ruin everything for everyone else. But apparently, according to the WEF, that's the goal.
You have never heard of sarcasm ? Do you ever read my posts ?

Reactions: petros

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.

Now for the other side:

There goal is control .

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
Great post but as i'm sure you've already realized, as far as THIS part goes he was being tounge in cheek :)
I know - he's just trying to get our "goat" so to speak. Just wanted to ensure that he knew what he said was B.S. ;) Guess I didn't make it clear enough.