Oct 26, 2009
68 million girls may have genitals mutilated by 2030: UN chief
Associated Press
More from Associated Press
Published:
February 6, 2018
Updated:
February 6, 2018 11:48 PM EST
UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres. (SIMON MAINA/AFP/Getty Images)
UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres is warning that without accelerated action 68 million girls could be subjected to female genital mutilation by 2030.
He said in a statement on International Day of Zero Tolerance for Female Genital Mutilation that the practice is “a gross violation of the human rights of women and girls.”
His statement Tuesday says over 200 million women and girls in 30 countries across three continents have experienced genital mutilation.
Feds to announce $3M to combat female genital mutilation in West Africa
One charge dropped in Detroit-area female genital mutilation case
The UN Population Fund projects that the estimated 3.9 million girls subjected to genital cutting every year will rise to 4.6 million by 2030 due to expected population growth unless urgent action is taken.
Agency Executive Director Natalia Kanem urged greater political will, community engagement and spending to reach the UN goal of ending the practice by 2030.
68 million girls may have genitals mutilated by 2030: UN chief | Toronto Sun

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
'Khalistan-II: Made in Canada': Indian magazine accuses Liberals of complicity in rise of Sikh terrorism
Canadian Press
More from Canadian Press
Published:
February 7, 2018
Updated:
February 7, 2018 1:28 PM EST
Prime Minister Justin Trudeau sits with members of the Sikh community and government caucus during a Vaisakhi Celebration on Parliament Hill in Ottawa, Monday, April 11, 2016 alongside the cover of the Feb. 12, 2018 issue of Outlook India.Adrian Wyld / THE CANADIAN PRESS
OTTAWA — Defence Minister Harjit Sajjan calls it “ridiculous” and “offensive” that a magazine in India is accusing Canada of being complicit in a rise in Sikh terrorism.
Sajjan and fellow Sikh minister Amarjit Sohi are making it clear they neither sympathize with nor espouse the Sikh nationalist movement, which is bent on creating a separate country called Khalistan within India’s Punjab region.
The latest edition of Outlook India features a photo of Trudeau and a headline on the cover that reads, “Khalistan-II: Made in Canada.”
The cover of the Feb. 12, 2018 issue of Outlook India.
Inside, a number of articles describe alleged connections between Canada and the movement, accuse Sikh Canadians of exploiting the country’s political system and blame free speech for allowing fundamentalist language to flourish.
Sohi, who is infrastructure minister and represents an Edmonton riding, says he does not sympathize with the cause, nor does he hear much talk about it in the Sikh community.
I've been a police officer, I've served my country and any allegations like that is absolutely ridiculous and I find it extremely offensive as well.
Defence Minister Harjit Sajjan
Sajjan, meanwhile, says the accusation is “ridiculous” and says Canada is being “sucked into” internal Indian politics.
“I’ve been a police officer, I’ve served my country and any allegations like that is absolutely ridiculous and I find it extremely offensive as well,” Sajjan said following a caucus meeting Wednesday.
Some 16 MPs of Sikh origin were elected in 2015, says the magazine, which also blames Canada’s allowance for free speech about human rights for giving “free reign” to more fundamentalist language that has led to the “radical capture of key gurdwaras.”
The subhead on the cover reads: “Sikh religious successionism threatening the Indian Constitution assumes proportions of official policy status in Ottawa as Punjab Police books four Canadian residents for gun-running and terror-funding.”
The issue comes just as India prepares to welcome Prime Minister Justin Trudeau for his first state visit later this month.
The goal of the trip is to focus on trade and cultural ties, but a successful visit would surely be a re-election boon for Trudeau, who already enjoys a high degree of popularity among Canada’s 1.2 million Indo-Canadians.
Prime Minister Justin Trudeau meets with Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi Tuesday, January 23, 2018 in Davos, Switzerland at the World Economic Forum. THE CANADIAN PRESS/Paul Chiasson
Trudeau seems to have a friendly relationship with Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi — the two have met on the sidelines of almost every international meeting they attended in the last two years, including just last month at the World Economic Forum in Switzerland.
But some political forces in India are less enthusiastic.
The articles accuse the Canadian government of allowing Sikh separatist movements to flourish and list four Canadians Indian authorities are said to want for allegedly supply weapons and funding terrorism in India.
General Jonathan Vance, Chief of the Defence Staff (left to right) Defence Minister Harjit Sajjan, Carla Qualtrough, Minister of Public Services and Procurement, Navdeep Bains, Minister of Innovation, Science and Economic Development and Marc Garneau, Minister of Transport make an announcement on fighter jets at the National Press Theatre in Ottawa on Tuesday, Dec. 12, 2017. THE CANADIAN PRESS/Sean Kilpatrick
The magazine also includes a Q and A segment with Punjab Chief Minister Amarinder Singh, who says there appears to be “Khalistani sympathizers in Trudeau’s cabinet.” That allegation meant last April Singh refused to meet with Sajjan when Sajjan was in India.
There are four Sikhs in the federal cabinet, including Sajjan and Sohi.
“If there is a small segment of people in Canada who talk about separation, who talk about the creation of Khalistan, if they do that in a peaceful way that is their right to do so but this is not an issue that I hear in the community,” Sohi said after Wednesday’s meeting.
Prime Minister Justin Trudeau walks with Infrastructure Minister Amarjeet Sohi toward a media availability after a string of meetings at the Delta Lodge at Kananaskis west of Calgary, Alta., on Tuesday, April 26, 2016. (Lyle Aspinall/Postmedia Network)
“From my point of view this is not an issue for the Canadian population, this is not an issue for the Indo-Canadian community within Canada, and I don’t feel it necessary to be engaging in something that is completely irrelevant from a Canadian’s point of view.”
In the Outlook interview, Singh said he hadn’t been contacted about a meeting, but that he would “be happy to meet Justin Trudeau or welcome him as per the protocol accorded to any state guest of his stature.”
Trudeau’s office won’t say if a meeting with Singh is on the agenda.
Prime Minister of Canada Justin Trudeau is presented with a sword as he attends the Khalsa Day parade, an event that celebrates the Sikh new year, at Nathan Phillips Square in Toronto on Sunday, April 30, 2017. THE CANADIAN PRESS/Mark Blinch
Balpreet Singh Boparai, lawyer for the World Sikh Organization of Canada, called Singh’s claims “ludicrous.”
“These claims are not borne out by any sort of facts,” he said. “These claims are very damaging and defamatory.”
Boparai said Indian media are always claiming outlandish things about Canada’s Sikh community which are never proven to be true.
“Beyond political speech, there is nothing happening here.”
The sentiment that Canada is sympathetic to the separatist movement is not new. However, some recent events have brought the allegations to the fore again, including an April 2017 motion in the Ontario legislature labelling as a genocide the 1984 anti-Sikh riots following the assassination of Prime Minister Indira Gandhi.
An official in the Prime Minister’s Office, speaking on condition of anonymity given the sensitivity of the matter, played down the impact the issue is going to have on Trudeau’s trip, saying it will come up but will not be a focus.
If pressed, the official said, Trudeau — who leaves for India next week — will stand up for free speech and also reiterate Canada’s policy in favour of a united India.
http://outlookindia.com/magazine/story/panth-and-a-foreign-hand/299751
Outlook India accuses Liberals of complicity in Sikh terrorism | Toronto Sun

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017
'Khalistan-II: Made in Canada': Indian magazine accuses Liberals of complicity in rise of Sikh terrorism
Canadian Press
More from Canadian Press
Published:
February 7, 2018
Updated:
February 7, 2018 1:28 PM EST
Prime Minister Justin Trudeau sits with members of the Sikh community and government caucus during a Vaisakhi Celebration on Parliament Hill in Ottawa, Monday, April 11, 2016 alongside the cover of the Feb. 12, 2018 issue of Outlook India.Adrian Wyld / THE CANADIAN PRESS
OTTAWA — Defence Minister Harjit Sajjan calls it “ridiculous” and “offensive” that a magazine in India is accusing Canada of being complicit in a rise in Sikh terrorism.
Sajjan and fellow Sikh minister Amarjit Sohi are making it clear they neither sympathize with nor espouse the Sikh nationalist movement, which is bent on creating a separate country called Khalistan within India’s Punjab region.
The latest edition of Outlook India features a photo of Trudeau and a headline on the cover that reads, “Khalistan-II: Made in Canada.”
The cover of the Feb. 12, 2018 issue of Outlook India.
Inside, a number of articles describe alleged connections between Canada and the movement, accuse Sikh Canadians of exploiting the country’s political system and blame free speech for allowing fundamentalist language to flourish.
Sohi, who is infrastructure minister and represents an Edmonton riding, says he does not sympathize with the cause, nor does he hear much talk about it in the Sikh community.
I've been a police officer, I've served my country and any allegations like that is absolutely ridiculous and I find it extremely offensive as well.
Defence Minister Harjit Sajjan
Sajjan, meanwhile, says the accusation is “ridiculous” and says Canada is being “sucked into” internal Indian politics.
“I’ve been a police officer, I’ve served my country and any allegations like that is absolutely ridiculous and I find it extremely offensive as well,” Sajjan said following a caucus meeting Wednesday.
Some 16 MPs of Sikh origin were elected in 2015, says the magazine, which also blames Canada’s allowance for free speech about human rights for giving “free reign” to more fundamentalist language that has led to the “radical capture of key gurdwaras.”
The subhead on the cover reads: “Sikh religious successionism threatening the Indian Constitution assumes proportions of official policy status in Ottawa as Punjab Police books four Canadian residents for gun-running and terror-funding.”
The issue comes just as India prepares to welcome Prime Minister Justin Trudeau for his first state visit later this month.
The goal of the trip is to focus on trade and cultural ties, but a successful visit would surely be a re-election boon for Trudeau, who already enjoys a high degree of popularity among Canada’s 1.2 million Indo-Canadians.
Prime Minister Justin Trudeau meets with Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi Tuesday, January 23, 2018 in Davos, Switzerland at the World Economic Forum. THE CANADIAN PRESS/Paul Chiasson
Trudeau seems to have a friendly relationship with Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi — the two have met on the sidelines of almost every international meeting they attended in the last two years, including just last month at the World Economic Forum in Switzerland.
But some political forces in India are less enthusiastic.
The articles accuse the Canadian government of allowing Sikh separatist movements to flourish and list four Canadians Indian authorities are said to want for allegedly supply weapons and funding terrorism in India.
General Jonathan Vance, Chief of the Defence Staff (left to right) Defence Minister Harjit Sajjan, Carla Qualtrough, Minister of Public Services and Procurement, Navdeep Bains, Minister of Innovation, Science and Economic Development and Marc Garneau, Minister of Transport make an announcement on fighter jets at the National Press Theatre in Ottawa on Tuesday, Dec. 12, 2017. THE CANADIAN PRESS/Sean Kilpatrick
The magazine also includes a Q and A segment with Punjab Chief Minister Amarinder Singh, who says there appears to be “Khalistani sympathizers in Trudeau’s cabinet.” That allegation meant last April Singh refused to meet with Sajjan when Sajjan was in India.
There are four Sikhs in the federal cabinet, including Sajjan and Sohi.
“If there is a small segment of people in Canada who talk about separation, who talk about the creation of Khalistan, if they do that in a peaceful way that is their right to do so but this is not an issue that I hear in the community,” Sohi said after Wednesday’s meeting.
Prime Minister Justin Trudeau walks with Infrastructure Minister Amarjeet Sohi toward a media availability after a string of meetings at the Delta Lodge at Kananaskis west of Calgary, Alta., on Tuesday, April 26, 2016. (Lyle Aspinall/Postmedia Network)
“From my point of view this is not an issue for the Canadian population, this is not an issue for the Indo-Canadian community within Canada, and I don’t feel it necessary to be engaging in something that is completely irrelevant from a Canadian’s point of view.”
In the Outlook interview, Singh said he hadn’t been contacted about a meeting, but that he would “be happy to meet Justin Trudeau or welcome him as per the protocol accorded to any state guest of his stature.”
Trudeau’s office won’t say if a meeting with Singh is on the agenda.
Prime Minister of Canada Justin Trudeau is presented with a sword as he attends the Khalsa Day parade, an event that celebrates the Sikh new year, at Nathan Phillips Square in Toronto on Sunday, April 30, 2017. THE CANADIAN PRESS/Mark Blinch
Balpreet Singh Boparai, lawyer for the World Sikh Organization of Canada, called Singh’s claims “ludicrous.”
“These claims are not borne out by any sort of facts,” he said. “These claims are very damaging and defamatory.”
Boparai said Indian media are always claiming outlandish things about Canada’s Sikh community which are never proven to be true.
“Beyond political speech, there is nothing happening here.”
The sentiment that Canada is sympathetic to the separatist movement is not new. However, some recent events have brought the allegations to the fore again, including an April 2017 motion in the Ontario legislature labelling as a genocide the 1984 anti-Sikh riots following the assassination of Prime Minister Indira Gandhi.
An official in the Prime Minister’s Office, speaking on condition of anonymity given the sensitivity of the matter, played down the impact the issue is going to have on Trudeau’s trip, saying it will come up but will not be a focus.
If pressed, the official said, Trudeau — who leaves for India next week — will stand up for free speech and also reiterate Canada’s policy in favour of a united India.
http://outlookindia.com/magazine/story/panth-and-a-foreign-hand/299751
Outlook India accuses Liberals of complicity in Sikh terrorism | Toronto Sun

OF COURSE LIE-berals are encouraging terrorists!

LIE-berals are trying tob steal votes away from NDPer Jagmeet Singh - that craven apologist for the perpetrators of the Air India bombing! NDP and LIE-berals are working the same side of the street here- sucking up to immigrants from the sub-continent- most of whom hate each other just like Sunni and Shi-ite types!

Here is an article illustrating the sort of reverse racist crap being taught by over priced college and university profs! With some comments of my own in brackets):

Heckler targeting Jagmeet Singh reminder racism exists in Canada: Prof

THE CANADIAN PRESS

FIRST POSTED: MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 11, 2017 07:37 AM EDT | UPDATED: MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 11, 2017 07:51 AM EDT

A political science professor says a racist heckler that interrupted a campaign rally for NDP leadership hopeful Jagmeet Singh is an example of the discrimination that deters minorities from politics.

A video posted on YouTube of Singh’s campaign event in Brampton last week shows a woman interrupting his speech and accusing him of supporting Shariah law and the Muslim Brotherhood.

(The Muslim Brotherhood has been banned in most European countries and its even banned in some Muslim countries for their racist and violent policies. If Singh refuses to condemn them then HE is the bigot! As for the Cdn woman and her fears of Sharia Law-why would a woman not be concerned since Sharia Law will- if implemented here- turn her into a second class person in her own country of birth! So if Singh is the great supporter of tolerance and democracy that he claims to be then why would he not speak against Sharia Law- the Muslim system of belief and law that will erase about half of our Cdn constitution? How can he be silent in the face of such a threat? Unless either he supports it or he is so desperate to get elected that he is willing to sell us out in exchange for Muslim votes?)

Singh, who is Sikh, responds to the woman saying he supports and loves her, and that he won’t be intimidated by hate.

(And he is apparently mesmerized by Muslim voters as well?)

“Everyone in this room loves you, we all support you, we believe in your rights,” he said as she continued yelling at him in front of a crowd of supporters.

(Yeah, he supports her unless it costs him votes then she is GONE!)

Erin Tolley, an associate professor at the University of Toronto, said the incident is a reminder that although Canada promotes multiculturalism, racist views are still prevalent.

(Oh- LIE-berals will now tell us it is racist to fear major changes mandated by a Muslim minority that erase our civil rights!)

“I think one danger in Canada is we become very congratulatory about our multiculturalism ... but to some extent that conceals the number of Canadians that harbour racist sentiments,” she said.

(Muslims of the Cdn Caliphate have told us that “Sharia Law is the most perfect system and that we are sinning to deny this”! Muslim radicals see nothing wrong with wiping out much of our constitution and major chunks of our culture and civil rights just to satisfy their personal religious preferences- where is the tolerance in that?)

Tolley said studies have shown about 30 per cent of Canadians hold racist opinions and while they may not all be vocal about their views, it does influence how they vote.

(Our LIE-beral govt has repeatedly told us that Canada is a hotbed of racists and yet there are huge numbers of non white people here- from many cultures and yet LIE-berals regularly get elected in spite of those bigots. How does that happen unless LIE-berals and their allies are selling us FAKE NEWS about Cdn tolerance- for the sake of buying votes regardless of what is best for the country?)

In her research on race and politics, she said discrimination against minorities, gender and people’s sexual orientation can give them pause about whether they want to enter or continue in politics.

(Yeah- I bet thats right- its enough to turn your stomach watching politicians twisting themselves in HYPOCRITE knots for the sake of votes at any price!)

“I’m working on a study right now talking to people who had ran for the nomination of their party and many candidates of colour were somewhat surprised by what a negative experience it was, and so they are thinking twice about whether they want to continue,” she said.

Singh’s ability to keep calm and respond in a positive manner to the heckler is evidence that it wasn’t the first time he experienced outwardly racist remarks, Tolley said.

(Yes- Singh presented hs hypocrite view with style and grace- but FOOLED NOBODY!)

Although it was a negative incident, she said it did allow Singh to show off his leadership skills and raise his profile across the country.

(Gosh, I would say the event showed Singhs two faced effrontery rather than any real signs of fair play and justice! Singh is NOT the guy to turn to for an honest defense of democracy and capitalism!)

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
No evidence Canadian-made light-armoured vehicles were used against Saudi citizens: Freeland
Canadian Press
More from Canadian Press
Published:
February 8, 2018
Updated:
February 8, 2018 3:52 PM EST
A Canadian light armoured vehicle arrives to escort a convoy at a forward operating base near Panjwaii, Afghanistan on Nov. 26, 2006.Bill Graveland / The Canadian Press / Files
By Melanie Marquis, THE CANADIAN PRESS
OTTAWA — The federal government has not been able to determine with any certainty that Canadian-made light-armoured vehicles sold to Saudi Arabia were used by that country to suppress the Shiite minority in the eastern part of the country.
Foreign Affairs Minister Chrystia Freeland is expected to confirm Thursday that officials from her department did not find conclusive evidence that the Canadian-made vehicles have been used in human rights abuses.
That independent opinion from public servants was communicated to her after a “rigorous investigation” launched last August at her request.
Freeland said at the time she was deeply concerned by reports last summer in the Globe and Mail that Saudi Arabia had used Gurkha armoured personnel carriers, made by Newmarket, Ont., based Terradyne Armored Vehicles Inc., against its own people.
She vowed to “respond accordingly” if that was the case, but wanted to ensure a through investigation so as to act on credible, trustworthy information.
According to a report in Montreal’s Le Devoir last month, since opening the probe, a Global Affairs spokesman said Ottawa suspended all arms exports to the Saudi kingdom last summer.
Minister of Foreign Affairs Chrystia Freeland. (Michelle Siu/The Canadian Press)
That included a contract for armoured vehicles designed by General Dynamics Land Systems, which won a $15 billion contract in 2015 that the Liberal government honoured by issuing export permits a year later.
Freeland’s office did not respond to a query about whether Thursday’s finding meant the shipments have already resumed or would begin anew.
The government is being questioned about the issue of exporting arms to nations with spotty human rights records after another deal concluded between Bell Helicopter and the Philippines has raised concerns.
Freeland is expected to announce during testimony at the Standing Committee on Foreign Affairs and International Development later Thursday that the government is proposing two amendments to Bill C47 on export and import acts when it comes to licensing weapons.
The toughest of the measures is the legal requirement for the Canadian government to consider human rights, peace and security risks in any pre-export licensing assessment.
In the future, if the government finds there is a “substantial risk” the conditions could be violated, the law will require that export be refused.
The proposed amendments, approved Tuesday in cabinet, are not retroactive and won’t apply to General Dynamics Land Systems, based in London, Ont.
On Wednesday, the government ordered a review of a 2012 deal between Bell Helicopter and the Philippine government after similar concerns surfaced.
The government is concerned about the use of the choppers by the government of President Rodrigo Duterte, who has been accused of extrajudicial executions in connection with a war on drug traffickers and terrorists.
The helicopters are manufactured in Mirabel, Que.
A senior member of the Philippine military said the aircraft would also be used in “internal security operations,” prompting a review.
On Thursday, the Philippine defence said Thursday that the military would not use 16 helicopters being bought from Canada to attack insurgents, as had been feared by Canadian officials.
Defence Secretary Delfin Lorenzana said the Philippine government could buy elsewhere if Canada decides to scuttle the sale of the Bell 412EPIs, which he said would be used to ferry supplies and troops, including those wounded in combat, and to respond to disasters.
The office of International Trade Minister Francois-Philippe Champagne said those comments do not change the government’s plan to order an assessment of the deal with Canadian Commercial Corp.
With files from The Associated Press.
No evidence Canadian-made light-armoured vehicles were used against Saudi citizens: Freeland | Toronto Sun

VULGAR WESTERN IMPORT: Pakistan warns media of Valentine's Day ban
Associated Press
Published:
February 8, 2018
Updated:
February 8, 2018 11:14 AM EST
A Pakistani vendor carries heart-shaped bouquets for sale ahead of Valentine's Day along a street in Islamabad on Feb. 13, 2017.AAMIR QURESHI / AFP / Getty Images
ISLAMABAD — Pakistan’s media regulatory authority, acting on a court order, has instructed all news channels, radio stations and print media to refrain from promoting Valentine’s Day.
A Pakistani court last year banned celebrations on Valentine’s Day, saying it was against Islam and promotes western culture.
Since then, the agency has taken steps to ensure a blackout on any Valentine’s Day promotions in print or electronic media. In a statement this week, it said it warned media organizations that the court order is still in effect.
Media officials confirmed they had received the order.
Pakistani Islamist and right-wing parties also view Valentine’s Day as a vulgar Western import.
VULGAR WESTERN IMPORT: Pakistan warns media of Valentine’s Day ban | Toronto Sun

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017
No evidence Canadian-made light-armoured vehicles were used against Saudi citizens: Freeland
Canadian Press
More from Canadian Press
Published:
February 8, 2018
Updated:
February 8, 2018 3:52 PM EST
A Canadian light armoured vehicle arrives to escort a convoy at a forward operating base near Panjwaii, Afghanistan on Nov. 26, 2006.Bill Graveland / The Canadian Press / Files
By Melanie Marquis, THE CANADIAN PRESS
OTTAWA — The federal government has not been able to determine with any certainty that Canadian-made light-armoured vehicles sold to Saudi Arabia were used by that country to suppress the Shiite minority in the eastern part of the country.
Foreign Affairs Minister Chrystia Freeland is expected to confirm Thursday that officials from her department did not find conclusive evidence that the Canadian-made vehicles have been used in human rights abuses.
That independent opinion from public servants was communicated to her after a “rigorous investigation” launched last August at her request.
Freeland said at the time she was deeply concerned by reports last summer in the Globe and Mail that Saudi Arabia had used Gurkha armoured personnel carriers, made by Newmarket, Ont., based Terradyne Armored Vehicles Inc., against its own people.
She vowed to “respond accordingly” if that was the case, but wanted to ensure a through investigation so as to act on credible, trustworthy information.
According to a report in Montreal’s Le Devoir last month, since opening the probe, a Global Affairs spokesman said Ottawa suspended all arms exports to the Saudi kingdom last summer.
Minister of Foreign Affairs Chrystia Freeland. (Michelle Siu/The Canadian Press)
That included a contract for armoured vehicles designed by General Dynamics Land Systems, which won a $15 billion contract in 2015 that the Liberal government honoured by issuing export permits a year later.
Freeland’s office did not respond to a query about whether Thursday’s finding meant the shipments have already resumed or would begin anew.
The government is being questioned about the issue of exporting arms to nations with spotty human rights records after another deal concluded between Bell Helicopter and the Philippines has raised concerns.
Freeland is expected to announce during testimony at the Standing Committee on Foreign Affairs and International Development later Thursday that the government is proposing two amendments to Bill C47 on export and import acts when it comes to licensing weapons.
The toughest of the measures is the legal requirement for the Canadian government to consider human rights, peace and security risks in any pre-export licensing assessment.
In the future, if the government finds there is a “substantial risk” the conditions could be violated, the law will require that export be refused.
The proposed amendments, approved Tuesday in cabinet, are not retroactive and won’t apply to General Dynamics Land Systems, based in London, Ont.
On Wednesday, the government ordered a review of a 2012 deal between Bell Helicopter and the Philippine government after similar concerns surfaced.
The government is concerned about the use of the choppers by the government of President Rodrigo Duterte, who has been accused of extrajudicial executions in connection with a war on drug traffickers and terrorists.
The helicopters are manufactured in Mirabel, Que.
A senior member of the Philippine military said the aircraft would also be used in “internal security operations,” prompting a review.
On Thursday, the Philippine defence said Thursday that the military would not use 16 helicopters being bought from Canada to attack insurgents, as had been feared by Canadian officials.
Defence Secretary Delfin Lorenzana said the Philippine government could buy elsewhere if Canada decides to scuttle the sale of the Bell 412EPIs, which he said would be used to ferry supplies and troops, including those wounded in combat, and to respond to disasters.
The office of International Trade Minister Francois-Philippe Champagne said those comments do not change the government’s plan to order an assessment of the deal with Canadian Commercial Corp.
With files from The Associated Press.
No evidence Canadian-made light-armoured vehicles were used against Saudi citizens: Freeland | Toronto Sun

VULGAR WESTERN IMPORT: Pakistan warns media of Valentine's Day ban
Associated Press
Published:
February 8, 2018
Updated:
February 8, 2018 11:14 AM EST
A Pakistani vendor carries heart-shaped bouquets for sale ahead of Valentine's Day along a street in Islamabad on Feb. 13, 2017.AAMIR QURESHI / AFP / Getty Images
ISLAMABAD — Pakistan’s media regulatory authority, acting on a court order, has instructed all news channels, radio stations and print media to refrain from promoting Valentine’s Day.
A Pakistani court last year banned celebrations on Valentine’s Day, saying it was against Islam and promotes western culture.
Since then, the agency has taken steps to ensure a blackout on any Valentine’s Day promotions in print or electronic media. In a statement this week, it said it warned media organizations that the court order is still in effect.
Media officials confirmed they had received the order.
Pakistani Islamist and right-wing parties also view Valentine’s Day as a vulgar Western import.
VULGAR WESTERN IMPORT: Pakistan warns media of Valentine’s Day ban | Toronto Sun

OH DEAR ME! LIE-berals assure us that no Cdn made armoured vehicles will be used inn a bad way! And none of the helicopters being sold to Phillipine air force will be used to attack people? WELL DUH!

If you want attack helicopters you must buy them from Russians or Yankees!

And here is a FUNNY FACTOID: during the LIE-beral Chretien era, Canada was the worlds FOURTH LARGEST exporter of military hardware! And no, we did not sell jet fighters or artillery or anything like that- we just SOLD EVERYTHING ELSE! Like boots and helmets and back packs, radios, military grade phone gear, all sorts of electronics like radars and fire social workers with gear for ships and military aircraft and etc- a really LONG shopping list of background gear that was needed to keep the big toys running!

And the Trudope family never let scruples get in the way of military sales either! When Trudope LIE-berals bought those CF 18 Hornet jets, they SOLD OFF all the 100-odd CF 105 jets to the Turks- who were quite happy to get them at a bargain rate and use them to bomb the Kurds- who are now our heroes for being instrumental in destroying ISIS!

And....anybody recall the aircraft carrier Bonaventure? Sold by Pierre Trudope to the Indian navy at a fire sale price so Indians could use the last Canadian navy aircraft carrier to bomb Tamil Tigers using British Harrier jump jets!

And now Our idiot boy wants to send Cdn troops on some sort of peace keeping mission! Problem is there is NO PEACE to keep- but there ARE places where peace can be MADE- if you are tough enough! But Our idiot Boy thinks our military is set to serve up a combination of social workers and weird fitness club with guns!

Here is an older article illustrating how badly Our idiot Boy Justin is performing on the serious military part of the world stage. His socialist/anti Imperialist values are infuriating our allies and major trading partners. With some comments of my own in brackets):

Allies grow weary of Liberal waffling over UN peacekeeping mission.

THE CANADIAN PRESS. First posted: Friday, May 12, 2017 10:14 AM EDT | Updated: Friday, May 12, 2017 04:49 PM EDT

Liberals pledge up to 600 soldiers, $450-million for UN peacekeeping operations
Suspected jihadists kill 3 at U.N. base in north Mali

OTTAWA — Prime Minister Justin Trudeau shrugged off calls Friday for a decision on whether to send troops to Mali, saying his government will take the “appropriate” time needed to decide on a peacekeeping mission.

Diplomatic sources have expressed growing impatience and frustration with what they call foot-dragging by the government after the Liberals promised last August to make up to 600 troops available for peacekeeping.

(And here it is- 6 months later and idiot Boy is STILL waffling! With the added bonus that his removal of Cdn fighter jets from the fight against Isis and his insistence on training large numbers of Kurds in military methods is backfiring ias well! Removal of the fighters insulted our allies and let the war against Isis drag on longer. The training of large numbers of Kurds is now allowing for civil war in the region as Kurds set up an independent homeland at the expense of Iraq and using military training obtained from Cdns! Now that Isis has gone underground - other regional forces are on the march! I said it lat year that no sensible person would want to see large masses of Muslims trained in military tactics as that training would one day be used against Israel, Turkey and the West!)

The government was leaning toward a deployment to Mali, where the UN has been charged with stabilizing the country after the central government and Tuareg rebels signed a peace agreement in 2015.

(Our idiot Boy is certainly looking for some place to deploy our soldiers as peace keepers since he wants the selfies with smiling villagers relieved that Cdn aid is flowing their way. But the problem is there is NO peace to KEEP in any of the third world pest holes available!)

(Our idiot Boy does not want to see our troops go off to “MAKE PEACE” in some place such as Mali because that would OFFEND his anti imperialist sensibilities! He does not want to admit that western democratic nations can usually manage things better than the third world socialist despots Our idiot Boy admires! Nor does Our idiot Boy wish to admit that hard line socialist govt is too often grossly corrupt and ineffective since Our Boy IS a socialist himself!)

(Our idiot Boy does not want to embarrass Putin and Russia because it would promote Western/Yankee/NATO values and political position. Our idiot Boy does not want to condemn Iranian nuclear bomb makers because it might strengthen the Yankee position against hard line Iranian Mullahs. Our idiot Boy will not speak against the desperately corrupt socialist regime in Venezuela because Our idiot Boy is a hard line socialist himself and will not disparage his friends!)

The UN was hoping Canada would contribute transport helicopters as well as intelligence capabilities and even a force commander to the endeavour, considered the most dangerous peacekeeping mission in the world.

(And there is the heart of it- Our idiot Boy THINKS that benign talk and throwing money at problems will make them go away! He does not believe in shooting people who seek either victory or martyrdom! As he has said in the past: “if we kill our enemies then they win” Just how that works he has not explained- perhaps he is jealous of Jihadists winning those 72 virgins in paradise? The ones he cannot have because he is a Catholic?)

Several cabinet ministers visited the West African country last year, as did military planners, development officials from Global Affairs Canada and others to see how Canada could contribute to the UN mission.

But nine months after touting Canada’s return to peacekeeping, the government still hasn’t decided whether to send Canadian troops to Mali — or anywhere else, for that matter.

Two Western diplomats interviewed by The Canadian Press this week said their countries have not received any explanation for the delay, which they say has caused problems on the ground in Mali.

The UN had hoped Canada would replace a squadron of Dutch transport helicopters that one diplomat said had to be withdrawn from Mali because of technical issues.

(Technical issues? Like maybe the machines are worn out and need replacing and the Dutch cannot afford that due to their HUGE homeland anti Muslim terror security bills? And Our idiot Boy does not want to send our helicopters for that same reason- if they are worn out then he will have to divert gravy away from his civil service Hog supporters to buy more? And Our idiot Boy scorns the military!)

Canadian officials, meanwhile, asked the world body to hold off on announcing a commander for the UN mission, known as Minusma, until they could consult with the Trump administration.

(IN other words- as I have mentioned before- Trump is hitting at Trudope over his NATO slacker and sloppy on terror stance! The squabble over our hardwood and dairy business is a DIRECT result of Trudope indifference to national security and Muslim terror! So Our idiot Boy is seeking to cut deals with Trump- but what sort of trade prize will Trudope win if he does send a few helicopters? Problem is our allies figure we ought to be doing MORE AGAINST MUSLIM TERROR FOR OUR OWN SAFETY! Our allies think Our idiot Boy is a blinkered MORON!)

Germany and Belgium stepped into the breach when the Liberals continued to equivocate, committing both helicopters and a Belgian general to lead the UN mission, until Canada could make a decision.

“They bought time, so to speak,” one of the diplomats said of Germany and Belgium. The officials spoke on condition of anonymity to protect the relationship between Canada and their respective countries.

“We hope (Canada) will decide now after assessing all they needed to assess. There is a certain expectation that Canada will come back.”

The other diplomat put it more bluntly, saying: “Just make a decision. Even if it’s a no, we need a decision.”

(Sadly Our idiot Boy is such a publicity hound he enjoys simply having world leaders and military people hanging on his every word- waiting for his choice!)

Complicating matters is the fact the government sent invitations to different countries this week for a major peacekeeping event in Vancouver in November.

(AS previously mentioned- Trudope thinks TALK is a fine substitute for guns- hence his “ major peace keeping event”!)

Asked about the delay Friday, Trudeau reaffirmed his belief that Canada has “a strong role to play around the world in promoting peace, security and stability.”

But he sidestepped questions on whether Canada would send troops to Mali, and insisted the Liberal government would not be rushed into any peacekeeping mission.

“Any time we’re making a decision about sending the extraordinarily brave women and men of the Canadian Forces potentially into harm’s way, we have to make sure that it’s the right approach, that it’s the right mission, that they have the right training and equipment,” Trudeau told a news conference in Brampton, Ont.

(Yes- Trudope and his LIE-berals speak of the bravery of our military- and then quietly and privately sneer at them for being dumb enough to put on the uniform to begin with!)

“We are taking the appropriate amount of time to reflect on how best to engage Canadians in international peacekeeping operations.”

Various reasons have been cited for the government’s indecision, including uncertainty about the Trump administration’s priorities and concerns about the potential dangers to Canadian troops in Mali.

More than 100 peacekeepers have died in the country since 2013, many in terrorist attacks perpetrated by rebel forces as well as extremist groups such as Ansar Dine and al Qaida in the Islamic Maghreb.

(IN other words, Mali is a hotbed of Muslim radicals- the ones Our idiot Boy wants to engage in dialogue so he can understand their troubles- just as he wanted to talk to the Boston City bombers so he could tend to their hurt feelings and lack of `inclusion`! Our idiot Boy is a dangerous LOON!)

One senior government official said many Canadians don’t realize the nature of peacekeeping has changed, and that the increased danger is something that has to be publicly explained.

(If you are sending volunteers who genuinely believe they are doing a dangerous but useful job then there is not so much trouble! Many Cdns were distressed by the spectacle of 250 school girls kidnaped by Muslim terror group Boko Haram and turned into sex slaves and forcibly impregnated!)

The official, speaking on condition of anonymity, also linked the delay to the fact the Liberals’ new policies on both defence and international assistance are still under wraps.

(LIE-beral `defense policy`- such as it is- is still under wraps because they are hoping Trump will be dumped out of office BEFORE he can hold LIE-beral feet to the fire and force them to be more serious about national security and Muslim terror!)

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
'THE REAL TERRORIST': Muslim singer on 'The Voice' France quits show over post-attack social media comments
Associated Press
Published:
February 9, 2018
Updated:
February 9, 2018 1:25 PM EST
In this screenshot, Mennel Ibtissem takes part in the French version of 'The Voice'.Screenshot / The Voice : la plus belle voix
PARIS — A French Muslim woman has quit a TV singing competition amid criticism of comments she posted on Facebook after Islamic extremist attacks in 2016.
Mennel Ibtissem drew nationwide attention for a moving performance Saturday on French TV program “The Voice” of Leonard Cohen’s “Hallelujah.” A French-born woman of Syrian origin who wears a turban, Ibtissem notably sang one passage in Arabic.
In the ensuing days she drew criticism for Facebook messages posted after deadly attacks in Nice and Normandy in 2016. In one, she wrote “the real terrorist is our government.”
She apologized, saying she was shaken by the attacks and by French authorities’ failure to prevent them. But criticism continued, and she announced Friday that she quit the TV competition.
Supporters say Ibtissem is being unfairly targeted because she is Muslim.
‘THE REAL TERRORIST’: Muslim singer on ‘The Voice’ France quits show over post-attack social media comments | Toronto Sun

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Sword-wielding man attacks churchgoers in Indonesia
Associated Press
Published:
February 10, 2018
Updated:
February 10, 2018 11:33 PM EST
A sword-wielding man who attacked a church congregation during Mass in Indonesia Sunday. (Twitter)
SLEMAN, Indonesia — Police in Indonesia shot a sword-wielding man who attacked a church congregation during Sunday Mass, injuring four people, including a German priest.
The reason for the attack Sunday morning in Sleman district in Yogyakarta province was not immediately clear. Churches are a common target for Islamic militants in Indonesia, the world’s most populous Muslim nation.
Local police detective Fendi Timur said counterterrorism police would be involved in the investigation.
Video shows people in the church throwing books at the 22-year-old suspect as he lunged toward them with his sword. Witnesses and police said the injured included a police officer who tried to subdue the attacker and the 81-year-old priest Karl Edmund Prier, a longtime resident of Indonesia.
They suffered back, neck and head wounds and are in stable condition.
The suspect, identified only as Suliyono, was hospitalized.

http://twitter.com/i/videos/tweet/962521642105581568
Sword-wielding man attacks churchgoers in Indonesia | Toronto Sun

Judge awards father custody of abused daughter's body left in morgue
Associated Press
Published:
February 10, 2018
Updated:
February 10, 2018 5:00 PM EST
MILWAUKEE — A judge has awarded a Texas man exclusive custody of his abused daughter’s body, which has languished in the Milwaukee County morgue for two months amid a dispute with the girl’s mother, who is implicated in her death.
Circuit Court Judge David Borowski granted Michael Krouser’s request at a hearing Friday, but he criticized Krouser for being absent from his children’s lives for years. The judge ordered Krouser to arrange a funeral for his 14-year-old daughter. The Milwaukee County medical examiner’s office said the girl’s body was released to a Milwaukee funeral home late Friday afternoon.
Amina Krouser’s mother, Azlyza Ababneh, is charged with abusing and neglecting her daughter resulting in the girl’s death. Ababneh is Muslim and her attorney says that for religious reasons, Ababneh objects to the father’s plans to cremate Amina’s body and have the ashes sent to his home in San Antonio.
Because Ababneh is not charged with homicide, she retains the right under Wisconsin law to determine how her daughter’s remains should be handled.
Michael Krouser, who admitted that since his divorce from Ababneh he had paid little if any child support, asked for exclusive custody of his daughter’s remains. The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reports that although the judge called Krouser’s behaviour as a father “atrocious” and “despicable,” he said could not allow the girl’s body to remain at the morgue and eventually be turned over to the county to be buried in an unmarked grave.
“That would be a further indignity to this poor child,” Borowski said.
According to a criminal complaint, Amina Krouser and her two siblings lived with their mother in a house that had no heat or running water. The teen became ill with cold-like symptoms Nov. 26, and Ababneh believed her daughter was being lazy and beat her with a belt and a plastic pipe, according to the criminal complaint and medical examiner’s report. The girl was taken to a hospital and died Dec. 10.
In giving Krouser control of his daughter’s body, Borowski did not rule whether it had to be cremated or buried. But he did order Krouser to hold a funeral for her.
“She at least deserves a decent, respectful service,” Borowski said.
http://jsonline.com/story/news/2018/02/09/anguished-judge-orders-funeral-bused-teen/311444002
Judge awards father custody of abused daughter’s body left in morgue | Toronto Sun

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Live from Cairo! Egypt orders ban on SNL Arabia over 'sexual expressions'
Associated Press
Published:
February 13, 2018
Updated:
February 13, 2018 12:05 PM EST
In this Tuesday, Feb. 16, 2016 file photo, people wait for this first "Saturday Night Live Arabia," show to start in Cairo, Egypt.Nariman El-Mofty / AP
CAIRO — Authorities in Egypt have ordered a ban on airing the Arabic version of the hit U.S. satirical show Saturday Night Live for allegedly using “sexual expressions,” an official said Tuesday.
An investigation of the show’s content by the Supreme Media Regulatory Council showed that SNL Arabia has consistently used inappropriate “sexual phrases and insinuations that should not be presented to viewers,” Ahmed Salim of the council told The Associated Press. The show’s entire content “violates ethical and professional criteria,” he said.
SNL Arabia was first aired in Egypt two years ago. It follows an identical format to its U.S. namesake, featuring celebrity guests, comedy sketches, musical performances, videos and parody news. It has stayed well away from politics.
The show is produced by the United Arab Emirates’ pay-tv network OSN and has been aired most recently by Egypt’s ON ENT. The station’s chief, Mustafa el-Saqa, told the AP they have stopped airing the show’s promos since the ban was announced late Sunday. He did not say whether Saturday’s episode would be aired or not.
“We are now negotiating with the Supreme Council in an effort to continue to air the program,” he said. “I hope they understand that we are airing the program late at night and flag it for an audience that is 18 or older,” he said.
Repeated telephone calls to the producers of SNL Arabia went unanswered.
Two comedians from Egypt’s hit satirical show al-bernameg — Shady Alfons and Khaled Mansour — star in the Arabic SNL.
The al-Bernameg, modeled after the U.S.’s “Daily Show,” was hosted by popular heart surgeon-turned-satirist Bassem Youssef. It was taken off the air in June 2014, the month when Egypt’s general-turned-president Abdel-Fattah el-Sissi took office. Youssef now lives in exile in the United States.
As defence minister, el-Sissi led the military’s 2013 overthrow of Islamist president Mohammed Morsi and went on to oversee the biggest crackdown on dissent in Egypt’s modern history, jailing thousands of Islamists before broadening the crackdown on dissent to include secular activists. He has also silenced most critics in the media and rolled back most of the freedoms won as a result of a 2011 popular uprising that toppled the regime of autocratic ruler Hosni Mubarak.
Live from Cairo! Egypt bans SNL Arabia over

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Self-proclaimed al-Qaida 'warrior' gets life in U.S. prison
Associated Press
Published:
February 16, 2018
Updated:
February 16, 2018 11:51 AM EST
Ibrahim Suleiman Adnan Harun. (U.S. Attorney's Office for the Eastern District of New York/HO)
NEW YORK — A self-described al-Qaida “warrior” who was in a firefight in Afghanistan that left two U.S. servicemen dead has been sentenced to life in prison.
A federal judge in Brooklyn pronounced the sentence Friday for Ibrahim Suleiman Adnan Harun.
Prosecutors told jurors that while in Italian custody, he confessed that he threw a grenade and shot at an American military unit in a 2003 ambush. The firefight killed Army Pvt. Jerod Dennis, of Antlers, Okla., and Air Force Airman Ray Losano, of Del Rio, Texas.
The government also says that while he was on the run, Harun masterminded a failed plot to bomb a U.S. embassy in Nigeria.
Harun was extradited from Italy to the United States in 2012.
Self-proclaimed al-Qaida ‘warrior’ gets life in U.S. prison | Toronto Sun

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017
Maybe he'll meet some skinheads while he's there.

I have heard it suggested that Linda Sarsour- one of the feminazi leaders of the "Woman`s March" against Trump might be an agent of terror group Hamas. I could not say if it was true but her incendiary speeches replete with withering scorn and hate of all things white and democratic DOES suggest she IS a fellow traveller on Hamas philosophy! She is POISON in a hijab!

People should be asking for an explanation of the difference between NDP, Lie-beral and Conservative business philosophy. The answer would be along these lines:

The NDP has no coherent business model or philosophy. They display kneejerk hatred of all corporations and businesses and they believe that `profit` is synonymous with other words such as `theft` and `ripoff`. Therefore NDP seeks to tax all businesses into oblivion so they can then follow the Soviet model and have government operate everything. This muddled thinking (if put into action) quickly pushes NDP supporters onto unemployment lines which mandates a quick retreat by NDP poohbahs to a less hostile to business position- the NDP Bob Rae disaster proves this. But business people are smarter than NDP leaders and don’t easily trust those who hate them so NDP is driven to sell their souls and borrow frantically to keep jobs alive under their idiot administration.
NDP money handling skills are so poor that even other levels of government and civil servants HATE their muddled style. When NDP Bob (BOOB!) Rae was elected premier of Ontari-owe, the honchos at Metro Toronto Housing Authority held an emergency meeting and then swarmed out across Toronto to CANCEL MILLIONS of DOLLARS worth of repair and maintenance contracts that were ALREADY under way on Toronto Housing buildings. One foreman asked plaintively: but we have hardly begun the work, when do you expect to restart the project? He was told: the work will resume in FOUR YEARS- AFTER we get a new and more sensible Ontario premier! And who can forget the sullen fury of the civil service when the bankrupt NDP imposed their `Rae Days` to control civil service costs! The NDP business model is so “effective” that after 4 years as premier, BOOB Rae was forced out of the NDP and ended up as part of the Lie-beral party!
Lie-beral business philosophy can be best summed up by quoting former Ontari-owe premier Dalton McGinty and that former Canadian Mint Ceo and infamous Lie-beral David Dingwall; and the example of Lie-beral senator Mac Harb is also illustrative. McGinty told us, shortly after his first election victory that `it is now time for Lie-berals to start managing the economy much more vigorously and for Lie-berals to start picking economic winners and losers`. By which he meant that Lie-beral friends and their hangers on would make out like bandits and the rest of us are the BIG losers-paying idiot taxes to keep greedy hogs in the well filled troughs at places like Ornge, E-health and OPG. Teachers got huge pay increases and college and university tuition costs soared while health care was compromised and insurance pay outs to injured people shrank away as LIE-berals “saved” us money on our insurance premiums.
Former chairman of the Cdn Mint David Dingwall is the Lie-beral poster boy for hogs at the trough. He was charging government hundreds of dollars per day for car expenses while WALKING to WORK from his condo 6 blocks from the Mint! He expensed anything and everything including packs of Lifesaver candy and gum. His insane greed and huge salary eventually prompted an investigation. Dingwall was hauled before an irate parliamentary committee and questioned and he thundered back: ITS MY MONEY AND I AM ENTITLED TO MY ENTITLEMENTS.
Lie-beral senator Mac Harb has illegally taken more money than Conservative senators Pam Wallin, Pat Brazeau and Mike Duffy COMBINED. Wallin and Brazeau have paid their money back. Money taken by Duffy has been paid back by the Conservative party- so Cdns are not out of pocket for Duffy! And Duffy has been hauled into court by Conservatives to get their money back from Duffy. Sadly, Senate spending rules are so sloppy that Duffy has got away with sneering at the tax payers and Conservative party and has kept OUR money as his own!
But Lie-beral senator Mac Harb- who has taken MORE of our money than Duffy, Wallin and Brazeau combined- has denied doing anything wrong and the Lie-beral party has been utterly silent about Harbs situation. I guess we should assume that Harb is entitled to his entitlements as he is a true Lie-beral? And Our idiot Boy Justin has now been in power for 2 years and his ONLY response to this Senate spending crap has been to “remove” LIE-beral Party member ship cards from LIE-beral senators- thus PRETENDING they are “independent” of the party! Our idiot Boy is displaying the logic of a 3 year old who “hides” by covering her eyes! Its cute in a small child and INANE in a supposed adult like our idiot manchild Justin!
Conservative business philosophy is fairly simple: keep government costs relatively low by curbing the worst demands of civil servants and by resisting the more foolish pie in the sky demands of loonie leftist cranks. Conservatives also want to keep taxes as low as possible so as to reward companies that operate in Canada and produce good products that Canadians actually want to buy. This is in sharp contrast to the NDP model that mandates dumping huge lumps of tax money into failing, sloppy and inefficient businesses simply because their employees are NDP supporters-anybody remember Urban Transport Development Co and the huge bills it produced for tax payers? Or how about LIE-beral support for Bombardier- with that support triggering trade war with Yankees at Boeing. And with Bombardier setting records for slow and sloppy production of light rail transit vehicles! The latest news out of Toronto TTC/Feb 2018- is that the few Bombardier TTC street cars that have been delivered are breaking down at HALF the mileage expected!
The Conservative tax model is also in contrast to the selfish Lie-beral model that mandates throwing tax money at targeted groups (whether they need or deserve the money) so they will then vote Lie-beral in the next election. The Lie-beral model produced the ridiculous spectacle of tax money being shoveled into car companies such as General Motors-and by amazing coincidence the amount of tax money given by various governments to GM hogs is just about exactly the same amount as GM spent in its expansion program into Russia and China. What a wonderful Lie-beral business model-using Cdn tax money to create jobs in China and Russia!
But any company that wishes to take advantage of Conservative tax breaks must actually OPERATE IN CANADA. Such a company must make a good product and sell it at a sensible price-if there is no profit then there is no tax break. By keeping taxes low and NOT handing out endless grants to business hogs and greedy special interest groups, Conservatives limit the cycle of shameless corporate welfare.
And of course the LIE-beral tax model encourages all manner of dirty little back room deals as LIE-berals seek support from unions and assorted CEO`s! If Cdn taxes are to high to allow Hollywood North to operate in Toronto without major tax breaks then why do LIE-berals insist that the same high corporate taxes are NOT a problem for other Cdn business? Unless LIE-beral tax policy is set ONLY for the benefit of those who vote for them?
But a Cdn company can take advantage of Conservative tax breaks with NO NEED to kiss political asses of ANY party-they have only to hire Cdns and get to work! What could be more fair and equitable than that? Which is why Lie-berals scorn it!

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017
Another rant no one will read.

Congrats for wasting your time.

Here is an article illustrating much that is wrong with allowing Muslims to immigrate to the West. With some comments of my own in brackets):

15-year-old asylum seeker arrested in fatal stabbing of ex-girlfriend at German drugstore

Associated Press, Published: December 28, 2017. Updated: December 28, 2017 2:46 PM EST

Filed Under: Toronto SUN/ News/ World

Related

World
Trump threatens to cut off 'hundreds of millions' in Palestinian aid
World
Trump roots on Iran's protesters

A man lays down flowers at the entrance of the drugstore in Kandel, Germany, Thursday, Dec. 28, 2017.Andreas Arnold / dpa via AP

BERLIN — A 15-year-old Afghan asylum seeker is in custody in Germany after allegedly fatally stabbing his ex-girlfriend, a German of the same age, in a drugstore.

Authorities say the stabbing followed an apparently chance meeting between the two on Wednesday in Kandel, near the French border. The girl died of her injuries after being attacked with a kitchen knife.

(You would think that Muslim refugees seeking our charity would be on their best behaviour but that is western thinking and wrong! LIE-berals have sucked up to Muslims to such an extent that Muslims feel ENTITLED TO DEMAND ENTRY! And their arrogance is not minimized by their firmly held conviction that we are morally inferior and thus NOT entitled to pass judgement on them! The Muslim attacker in Edmonton was an asylum seeker. The 3 Muslims who raped a Swedish girl- LIVE on line- were also asylum seekers! And I vividly reacll news photos from Australian military base far out in the desert- where Muslim illegals are kept awaiting immigration trials- and the Muslims had gotten impatient and SEWN THEIR LIPS SHUT and gone on a hunger strike! Yeah- right- behaving like a radical LOON will help your case! Unless you are Muslim ENTITLED?)

A man lays down flowers at the entrance of the drugstore in Kandel, Germany, Thursday, Dec. 28, 2017. (Andreas Arnold/dpa via AP)

Prosecutor Angelika Moehlig said Thursday that a judge ordered the suspect, who wasn’t identified, kept in custody on suspicion of manslaughter. She said the motive is still under investigation.

Police said the suspect arrived in Germany in April 2016 and had apparently been in a several-month relationship with the victim, who broke up with him this month.

The victim’s parents had filed a criminal complaint against him on Dec. 15 alleging slander and threats.

(So we are to understand that young Muslims may become murderously angry if some western slut rejects them? After all, we know Muslims do not think women should have any rights at all- not even to leave the house without male permission! How embarrassing is it to have all the other jihadists knowing that the shameless western slut has rejected the attentions of the morally superior follower of Allah! May Allah fill her vagina with fire as payment for her shame? Muslim rage would be comical if there was not so much blood spilled whenever they get pissed!)

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
'ALLAHU AKBAR': Gunman kills 5 at Russia church, shot dead by cops
Associated Press
Published:
February 18, 2018
Updated:
February 18, 2018 3:03 PM EST
MAKHACHKALA, Russia — A gunman opened fire with a hunting rifle on churchgoers leaving a service in Russia’s Dagestan region, killing five people and wounding four others, then was shot and killed by police, authorities say.
The shootings took place Sunday evening in Kizlyar, a town of about 50,000 people on the border with Chechnya.
Four people died at the scene and a fifth died at a hospital, regional Interior Ministry spokesman Ruslan Gadzhiibragimov said. The gunman was a local resident, and his wife has been detained for questioning, he said.
The motive for the shooting was not immediately known. But an eyewitness told Russian news site RBC.ru, the attacker yelled “Allahu Akbar,” an Arabic expression meaning “God is the greatest.” The phrase has been known to be used by Islamic extremists in terror attacks.
Dagestan is a predominantly Muslim region between Chechnya and the Caspian Sea. Following two separatist wars in neighbouring Chechnya, an Islamist insurgency spread to Dagestan.
– With File From Postmedia Network
[youtube]qr9rcBJzlUY[/youtube]
http://rbc.ru/politics/18/02/2018/5a898df69a7947a582ca539d
‘ALLAHU AKBAR’: Gunman kills 4 at Russia church, shot dead by cops | Toronto Sun

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017
'ALLAHU AKBAR': Gunman kills 5 at Russia church, shot dead by cops
Associated Press
Published:
February 18, 2018
Updated:
February 18, 2018 3:03 PM EST
MAKHACHKALA, Russia — A gunman opened fire with a hunting rifle on churchgoers leaving a service in Russia’s Dagestan region, killing five people and wounding four others, then was shot and killed by police, authorities say.
The shootings took place Sunday evening in Kizlyar, a town of about 50,000 people on the border with Chechnya.
Four people died at the scene and a fifth died at a hospital, regional Interior Ministry spokesman Ruslan Gadzhiibragimov said. The gunman was a local resident, and his wife has been detained for questioning, he said.
The motive for the shooting was not immediately known. But an eyewitness told Russian news site RBC.ru, the attacker yelled “Allahu Akbar,” an Arabic expression meaning “God is the greatest.” The phrase has been known to be used by Islamic extremists in terror attacks.
Dagestan is a predominantly Muslim region between Chechnya and the Caspian Sea. Following two separatist wars in neighbouring Chechnya, an Islamist insurgency spread to Dagestan.
– With File From Postmedia Network
[youtube]qr9rcBJzlUY[/youtube]
http://rbc.ru/politics/18/02/2018/5a898df69a7947a582ca539d
‘ALLAHU AKBAR’: Gunman kills 4 at Russia church, shot dead by cops | Toronto Sun

Western civilization is under siege from a variety of enemies- consider this:

Here is an article illustrating yet another example of faulty judgement by Our idiot Boy Justin. With some comments of my own in brackets):

Canada warned of Russian meddling after reports of accused spy in meetings with Trudeau

From Canadian Press. Published: December 22, 2017. Updated: December 22, 2017 2:41 PM EST

Filed Under: Toronto SUN/ News/ Canada

Related

News
Accused spy for Russia met with PM: Report
News
Canada projecting deficits until 2040, finance report reveals

Stanislav Yezhov, a top government interpreter reads documents as he stands in a glass cage at the start of his hearing on suspicion of being a Russian spy at the courthouse in Kiev on Dec. 22, 2017. (GENYA SAVILOV/AFP/Getty Images)
By Mike Blanchfield, THE CANADIAN PRESS

OTTAWA — Foreign Affairs Minister Chrystia Freeland planned to use a Friday meeting in Ukraine to get more information on reports that a man arrested there on suspicion of spying for Russia sat in on a meeting in the Prime Minister’s Office this fall.

But Canadian officials refused to say how seriously they take the incident, and that while Freeland would be raising it, it’s not planned to be a major topic of discussion.

(It is understandable that Cdn intelligence community would not be up to date on foreign agents operating on the other side of the world but we SHOULD EXPECT that Cdn security would be all over anybody operating in our backyard! Anybody recall summer 2016 when a wanted man and probable terror suspect walked through Cdn security surrounding the prime minster- posed for a selfie with Our idiot Boy and wandered off- with nobody aware or upset until AFTER the photo appeared in news media and a Csis agent recognized the goof! Since the earliest days of Pierre Trudope, Russian agents have had free access to Canada!)

Multiple media outlets say Stanislav Yezhov worked as a translator during Ukrainian Prime Minister Volodymyr Groysman’s visit to Canada earlier this year, and was part of meetings with Prime Minister Justin Trudeau.

Yezhov also travelled with Groysman on trips to the U.S. and U.K.

But even Groysman is now accusing him of working for a “hostile state,” following Yezhov’s arrest this week on accusations he’s a long-time Russian agent who has been passing that country information through electronic channels, according to translations of statements from Ukraine’s security service and Groysman’s social media accounts.

(Our idiot Boy tells us he wants our security people to work with our allies- but one has to ask if his heart is in it? Based on the ignorance of Cdn security on the Yezhov business one has to assume any “cooperation” is minimal as Csis is pressured not to give in to what the Trudope family refers to as “Cdn Imperialism”! Certainly there have been clear signs that Our idiot Boy is NOT welcome when Brits, Yanks, Australians and New Zealanders sit down to talk national security! Cdn military is now getting record LOW funding under LIE-berals and Our idiot Boy has paid out billions to IMPORT tens of thousands of Muslims to Canada - some few of whom can be guaranteed to develop radical Muslim values that require police response! Our idiot Boy is so now far out of step he thinks HE is the parade- without realizing he has been largely abandoned!)

A Kyiv court ruled Friday that Yezhov is to remain in custody during an investigation into his alleged spying. He will be kept in jail through Feb. 17. His defence lawyer says Yezhov pleaded not guilty to the charges.

Canada does have several things to worry about when it comes to the potential for Russian meddling, said Andrzej Kurnicki, Poland’s ambassador to Canada, in a recent interview.

Among them: attempts to use advanced technology to disrupt its financial system, including using misleading information to affect markets and technological tampering with information, including stored data.

(LIE-berals are NOT worried about such things as they expect Yankees to protect us- which is why NAFTA talks are going so badly! Yankees do not want to import Muslim terrorists or Russian and Chinese sleeper agents along with their Cdn dairy and softwood lumber products!)

The underlying reason for such an attack, said Kurnicki, would be to sow uncertainty, particularly in Canada’s natural resources sector so the turmoil would increase the value of Russia’s energy assets on world markets.

(IN other worlds Russians are doing the same as Yankee “super pac” political action groups who are funding Cdn environmentalists who want the Alberta oil industry shut down- so that Yankee oil; production will be more valuable! And Cdn activists benefit from their enhanced political presence courtesy of foreigners who want to HURT US! Idiot activists who cannot see the forest for the trees, want to shut down Cdn lumber and oil industry so Yankee products will be more valuable!)

“The price of oil and gas tends to increase when there is uncertainty in the economy. A cyberattack can also increase the price of oil and gas, and Russia is very dependent on (its) supply of gas to the western world,” he explained.

Steven Poloz, the Bank of Canada governor, has said the fear of a cyberattack on the financial sector is the one thing that keeps him awake at night above all other concerns.

(Cdn security forces have proven that they are not well equipped to manage cyber security issues! One has only to look at the ongoing mess that is E-health- with Ontari-owe LIE-berals having given up setting budgets for that project and are now just handing over blank cheques- with no end in sight! Or the Phoenix federal employee computer pay system catastrophe- that has already cost a billion dollars and will probably cost another billion- or MORE- before it is wound up! Or the TTC Presto card mess that is unreliable and hugely costly- with early reports claiming it was the most costly way to go being shoved aside! If we cannot keep hackers out of our hospital records or produce computer generated pay cheques regularly and accurately then how can we keep fully equipped Russian military hackers from making trouble? Especially since LIE-berals are taking a “What? Me worry?” type of approach to our national security?)

Karlis Eihenbaums, the Latvian ambassador to Canada, said that in addition to the ongoing controversy over potential Russian meddling in the U.S. presidential campaign in 2016, there have been allegations of the Kremlin inserting itself into elections in Sweden, Denmark, France and Germany.

“I would not be surprised that the same ideas in one or another way will be tried here when the elections come,” he said.

Elections Canada has said it is taking steps to safeguard the integrity of Canada’s voting system.

One retired senior Canadian Forces officer says the government isn’t taking the threats posed by Russia’s so-called “hybrid war” on the West seriously enough.

For the past decade, Russia has tried to build its diplomatic, information and military branches into “instruments of national power” to offset a weakness in its economic sector, said Brett Boudreau, a retired colonel whose postings included NATO headquarters in Brussels.

“They have made brilliant strategic investments in those three fields that are reaping returns far in excess of the cost,” he said.

That includes using the Kremlin-controlled Russian news channel, RT, which is proven its worth “in terms of influencing political and public discourse.”

(Meaning RT excels at fake news and would be able to make up such news for Cdns and Yankees as well! I guess a lot of old fart editors left over from Soviet Pravda have a new lease on life at RT?)

Boudreau said Canada’s current foreign policy doesn’t appear ready to meet the Russian threat.

(LIE-berals take their lead from Our idiot Boy who is heavily influenced by his father who strongly supported Russian Joe Stalin! Pierre Trudope supported both Nazi Germany and Soviet Russia- against Britain until Hitler attacked Russia at which point Our Pet abandoned Hitler- though Pierre NEVER retracted his statement that the war against Nazi Germany was “British Imperialism”! Our idiot Boy seems to have inherited this same anti Yankee and pro Soviet view!)

“This focused and disciplined approach to realizing Russian national interests — often based on calculations looking through the prism of national security — is pretty much the antithesis of Canada’s Charmin-like soft power priorities like gender equality, protection of civilians in conflict, UN peacekeeping conferences (and) environmental protection.”

Freeland herself has been the target of Russian attacks. She is banned from travelling to the country because of past writings in her previous career as a journalist that were critical of Russian President Vladimir Putin.

She is in Ukraine for talks with officials on their ongoing struggle with Russian military action in their eastern region, and the fallout of Moscow’s 2014 annexation of Crimea.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Malaysian rapper held for allegedly insulting Islam in music video showing 'doggy-style' sex move
Associated Press
Published:
February 22, 2018
Updated:
February 22, 2018 11:15 AM EST
Wee Meng Chee, centre, a Malaysian rapper popularly known as Namewee, is escorted by plainclothes policemen as he arrives at the magistrate court in Penang, Malaysia, Aug. 22, 2016. The rapper was detained Thursday, Feb. 22, 2018 for allegedly insulting Islam in his latest music video.Gary Chuah / AP Photo / Files
KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia — Malaysian police said a popular ethnic Chinese rapper was detained Thursday over complaints that his latest music video featuring dancers wearing dog masks and performing “obscene” moves insulted Islam and could hurt racial harmony.
It was the second time in two years that Wee Meng Chee, popularly known as Namewee, has been investigated over his music videos.
Police said in a statement that Wee was detained after they received four public complaints that his video marking the Chinese year of the dog had “insulted Islam and could negatively impact racial unity and harmony.”
In the video entitled “Like a Dog,” Wee sits on a chair in a public square in the government administrative capital of Putrajaya with dancers wearing dog masks around him. Several of them mimic the “doggy-style” sex move. A green domed building in the background led some people to speculate it was filmed in front of a mosque, leading to criticism, but Wee later said it was the prime minister’s office.
The song includes the sounds of dog barks from various countries. In an apparent reference to government corruption, Wee sings that dogs in Malaysia go “mari mari, wang wang,” which in the Malay language means “come come, money money.”
Dogs are considered unclean by Muslims, who account for 60 per cent of Malaysia’s 32 million people.
Several ministers have called for Wee to be arrested. He has defended the video as a form of entertainment and said he has no intention of disrespecting any race or religion.
Earlier Thursday, Wee posted a picture on Facebook of himself at the federal police headquarters as he was wanted by police for questioning.
“I am not afraid because I believe Malaysia has justice,” he said.
In 2016, he was detained after enraged Malay Islamic activists lodged complaints that a video titled “Oh My God,” which was filmed in front of various places of worship and used the word “Allah,” which means God in the Malay language, was rude and disrespectful to Islam. He was not charged.
In one of his earliest videos, he mocked the national anthem and was criticized for racial slurs. He also produced a movie that was banned by the government in 2014 for portraying national agencies in a negative way.
Race and religion are sensitive issues in Malaysia, where the ethnic Malay majority has generally lived peacefully with large Chinese and Indian minorities since racial riots in 1969 left at least 200 people dead.
[youtube]czwAiviP7kI[/youtube]
Malaysian rapper held for allegedly insulting Islam in music video showing ‘doggy-style’ sex move | Toronto Sun

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017
Malaysian rapper held for allegedly insulting Islam in music video showing 'doggy-style' sex move
Associated Press
Published:
February 22, 2018
Updated:
February 22, 2018 11:15 AM EST
Wee Meng Chee, centre, a Malaysian rapper popularly known as Namewee, is escorted by plainclothes policemen as he arrives at the magistrate court in Penang, Malaysia, Aug. 22, 2016. The rapper was detained Thursday, Feb. 22, 2018 for allegedly insulting Islam in his latest music video.Gary Chuah / AP Photo / Files
KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia — Malaysian police said a popular ethnic Chinese rapper was detained Thursday over complaints that his latest music video featuring dancers wearing dog masks and performing “obscene” moves insulted Islam and could hurt racial harmony.
It was the second time in two years that Wee Meng Chee, popularly known as Namewee, has been investigated over his music videos.
Police said in a statement that Wee was detained after they received four public complaints that his video marking the Chinese year of the dog had “insulted Islam and could negatively impact racial unity and harmony.”
In the video entitled “Like a Dog,” Wee sits on a chair in a public square in the government administrative capital of Putrajaya with dancers wearing dog masks around him. Several of them mimic the “doggy-style” sex move. A green domed building in the background led some people to speculate it was filmed in front of a mosque, leading to criticism, but Wee later said it was the prime minister’s office.
The song includes the sounds of dog barks from various countries. In an apparent reference to government corruption, Wee sings that dogs in Malaysia go “mari mari, wang wang,” which in the Malay language means “come come, money money.”
Dogs are considered unclean by Muslims, who account for 60 per cent of Malaysia’s 32 million people.
Several ministers have called for Wee to be arrested. He has defended the video as a form of entertainment and said he has no intention of disrespecting any race or religion.
Earlier Thursday, Wee posted a picture on Facebook of himself at the federal police headquarters as he was wanted by police for questioning.
“I am not afraid because I believe Malaysia has justice,” he said.
In 2016, he was detained after enraged Malay Islamic activists lodged complaints that a video titled “Oh My God,” which was filmed in front of various places of worship and used the word “Allah,” which means God in the Malay language, was rude and disrespectful to Islam. He was not charged.
In one of his earliest videos, he mocked the national anthem and was criticized for racial slurs. He also produced a movie that was banned by the government in 2014 for portraying national agencies in a negative way.
Race and religion are sensitive issues in Malaysia, where the ethnic Malay majority has generally lived peacefully with large Chinese and Indian minorities since racial riots in 1969 left at least 200 people dead.
[youtube]czwAiviP7kI[/youtube]
Malaysian rapper held for allegedly insulting Islam in music video showing ‘doggy-style’ sex move | Toronto Sun

Gosh.....being crude never hurt western entertainers like Miley Syrus! Oh well.......

Here is an article illustrating shameless LIE-beral bias in favour of Islam. With some comments of my own in brackets):

Response to Trump move is about Jew hatred

By Lorrie Goldstein. Published: December 11, 2017. Updated: December 11, 2017 9:10 AM EST

Filed Under: Toronto SUN/ Opinion/ Columnists

Israeli soldier stands during clashes with Palestinians following a protest against U.S. President Donald Trump's decision to recognize Jerusalem as the capital of Israel in the West Bank City of Nablus, Friday, Dec. 8, 2017.Majdi Mohammed / AP

To anyone unfamiliar with the burning cauldron of Mideast politics, it must seem bizarre.

How can people around the world be rioting, firing rockets at Israel, firebombing a synagogue in Sweden and threatening even more terrorism over U.S. President Donald Trump recognizing Jerusalem as the capital of Israel?

And promising to move the U.S. embassy there from Tel Aviv within three years?

(Especially since Jerusalem WAS the ancient capitol of the Jewish kingdom! And was NEVER part of an independent Palestinian state? )

After all, Jerusalem has been Israel’s capital since its founding in 1948.

It’s the home of Israel’s parliament, Supreme Court, many government departments and the prime minister’s residence, similar to Ottawa in Canada.

But in Israel, to be understood, everything has to be seen through the prism of the stalled peace process intended to create an independent Palestinian state living in peace beside a secure Israel.

(Sadly, the two state solution- proposed by Britain and supported by United Nations vote has been SCORNED by Muslims generally and by Palestinians specifically- people who WANT TO HAVE IT ALL! Muslims see NO REASON why they should have to share anything with Jews! And too many modern members of UN overtly support Palestinian bigotry!)

Because of those negotiations, the United Nations — whose Security Council, except for the U.S., of course, officially condemned Trump’s announcement on Saturday — refuses to recognize Jerusalem as Israel’s capital.

(And of course honest peace brokers- and there are VERY FEW in Middle East- recognize that Palestinians CANNOT have a state until such time as true and honest peace between Muslims and Jews is established! As PLO leader Yasser Arafat told his people: “each Israeli concession in the peace process will be designed to weaken the Zionist entity until it can be destroyed”! This is not a peace process, it is a deliberate process of sabotage! Palestinians CANNOT have a state at this time because they will use the new freedom to buy heavy weapons with which to attack and destroy Israel- and anybody else who gets in their way!)

That’s why countries that have diplomatic relations with Israel, like Canada, put their embassies in Tel Aviv instead of Jerusalem, because control of Jerusalem is to be negotiated as part of the peace process leading to a Palestinian state.

Protesters burn an effigy depecting US President Donald Trump during an anti-US and Israeli protest in Quetta on December 7, 2017 following Trump’s decision to officially recognize Jerusalem as the Israeli capital. AFP/Getty Images

The UN says East Jerusalem, controlled by Jordan until Israel captured it in the six-day Arab-Israeli war in 1967, is occupied territory, similar to the West Bank and Gaza, although Israel turned over internal administrative control of Gaza to the Palestinians in 2005.

(“Internal control” sounds rather like Palestinians running the local govt while Israeli Defence Force simply reserves the right to enter and search for weapons and explosives and such as needed to keep Israel safe!)

Trump is under fire from international political leaders and diplomats because they say by taking Israel’s side on the issue of who controls Jerusalem, Trump has set back the peace process and eliminated the U.S. as an “honest broker” in negotiating the two-state solution.

(And why not take the side of Israel? Israelis have proven that they CAN make honest peace with those who want it- such as Jordan and Egypt- two countries that Palestinians regard as traitors and back stabbers who must be punished once the Israeli Zionist entity is destroyed- the cycle of violence in Middle East WILL live on after Jews are driven into the sea! And Palestinians are not happy with Syrians either as Syrian tank brigades assisted Jordanian troops to evict Palestinians from Jordan after they tried to take over the country! Palestinians do NOT get along with other Muslim groups- but of course ALL Muslims hate Jews so once the Jews are gone- Muslims can turn on each other yet again! One has only to look at the mess in Syria to recognize that Muslims desperately need a keeper to referee!)

But if it’s a diplomatic crisis, why the violence against not only Israel, but Jews?

While Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu is delighted by Trump’s move, seeing it as a diplomatic coup, in practical terms it changes nothing in the daily lives of Palestinians and Israelis.

(Well, the Trump move DOES remind Muslims that they CANNOT have it ALL their way in an honest peace process!)

Nor did Trump say Israel must control all of Jerusalem, or rule out Palestinians and Israelis jointly administering Jerusalem, as part of an agreement leading to an independent Palestinian state.

(IN other words- those who demonstrate they are WORTHY of trust- WILL HAVE IT!)

The violence, however, is being fomented mainly by those in the Arab and Muslim world and its diaspora, who have a different agenda when it comes to Israel.

(IN other words the Trump move is one SMALL remark in a LONG peace and nearly futile process!)

They (Muslims) don’t want a peace process that culminates in Israel and a new Palestinian state living in peace. They want to destroy Israel.

Or, more precisely, to end Jewish control of Israel and place it under Arab and Muslim rule.

Huthi supporters brandish their weapons during a protest against US President Donald Trump’s decision to recognize Jerusalem as the capital of Israel, in the Yemeni capital Sanaa on December 8, 2017. Tens of thousands of people took to the streets of Muslim and Arab countries across the world to protest against Trump’s recognition of Jerusalem as the capital of Israel. AFP/Getty Images

Part of this campaign involves demonizing and delegitimizing the Jewish state of Israel, and as long as other nations refuse to recognize Jerusalem as its capital, the status quo serves their purpose.

After all, they can argue to their captive populations, if Israel can not even get the rest of the world to recognize Jerusalem as its capital, then what claim do the Jews have on Israel itself?

And why shouldn’t Israel — meaning its Jews — be driven into the sea, as Arab and Muslim armies have repeatedly tried, and failed, to do, from the day Israel was created in 1948?

That’s the reason for the violence since Trump’s announcement.

It’s because in recognizing Jerusalem as the capital of Israel, Trump recognized Jewish sovereignty over Israel and, by extension, Israel’s right to exist.

And it is that that those who hate Israel, and Jews, cannot abide.

lgoldstein at postmedia

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
'I was raped, beaten and sold from jihadi to jihadi': Woman reveals horror of being ISIS sex slave

Farida Abbas Khalaf, 22, was captured by jihadists of the so-called Islamic State and was abused for four months as a sex slave

• 108Shares

ByKoen Berghuis

• 17:53, 22 FEB 2018

News

Farida Abbas Khalaf, 22, was captured by Islamic State soldiers (Image: CEN)

by Taboola

A brave Yazidi woman has told the shocking story of her captivity as a sex slave and her escape from ISIS jihadists.
Farida Abbas Khalaf, 22, was captured by Islamic State soldiers and abused for four months as a sex slave.
The Iraqi student was captured in 2014 when jihadists destroyed her village and killed all of the men, including her father and older brother.
All women and children were captured and brought to the ISIS Caliphate.
Farida says they were abused and she was forced to watch an eight-year-old girl being raped by a soldier in front of her.

The Iraqi student was captured in 2014 when jihadists destroyed her village and killed all of the men (Image: CEN) "I had to clean, do the laundry, cook. Just like other Yazidi women I was however also abused as a sex slave," Farida said.
"They treated me absolutely inhumanely. During every rape I got beaten.
"Two months long I could not move and barely see due to my injuries."
Farida says she was sold multiple times from jihadist to jihadist.
The first time she was offered for sale at a slave market in Raqqa, Syria.
She said that she managed to retain her mental strength by thinking about her murdered father.
Farida said: "He always told me 'you are a strong and brave girl, whatever happens.
"I tried to think about his words. Also the abuse of the little girl gave me strength to endure the beatings. I felt like my father was with me."

Farida was offered for sale at a slave market in Raqqa, Syria (Image: Reuters) After four months as a slave, Farida managed to escape with five other women.
She said an ISIS leader had threatened to kill her so she new she had to get away.
"We had no other choice, we fled at night. In the morning we knocked on the door of a house, without knowing if IS people would live in it," she said.
"We had luck. The people took us in for three days, but wanted money, which we paid them later. With the help of traffickers we could return to Iraq."
Right now Farida lives in Germany, where she is trying to start a new life. She found new happiness after meeting 23-year-old Nazhan Alias Hassan, a fellow Yazidi to whom she recently got engaged.
Currently, Farida is active for the NGO 'Yazda', which tries to bring IS jihadists to court and to gain international recognition for the mass murder of the Yazidi minority in Iraq and Syria.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/i-raped-beaten-sold-jihadi-12071221

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Big Apple pays out $180Gs to suspects asked to remove hijabs
Brad Hunter
More from Brad Hunter
Published:
February 28, 2018
Updated:
February 28, 2018 12:44 PM EST
New York had to pay out $180,000 to three women who were asked to remove their hijabs while getting their mug shots taken.POSTMEDIA
A trio of Muslim women scored a total of $180,000 because the NYPD forced them to take off their hijabs for mug shots.
According to the New York Daily News, the request flew in the face of a new edict barring Big Apple cops from demanding suspects wearing religious head coverings remove them.
“We did our best to establish a good precedent,” lawyer Tahanie Aboushi said, noting several religions have headwear requirements.
“On the one hand, it gives officers guidance, and on the other hand, it protects the exercise of religious freedom,” said Aboushi, who represented one of the complainants.
A law department rep told the News: “The resolution of these matters were in the best interest of all parties involved.”
The cases stretch back to 2012 when a high school student — identified only as G.E. — was arrested after fighting with two girls she believed were spreading gossip about her.
The criminal case was tossed, the civil case kicked off.
At the 62nd precinct, G.E. refused to take off her hijab. A female officer could not be found to take the photo.
In her lawsuit, G.E. claimed she felt “exposed, violated and distraught.” She complained male cops and prisoners were watching.
The NYPD changed the rules in 2015 and suspects were to be given options, including female techs and having the mug shot snapped in private.
Aboushi filed two similar cases in 2015 and 2016, after the new protocols were in effect.
The women settled for $60,000 each.
Three women forced to take off hijabs for mugs settle with city - NY Daily News
Big Apple pays out $180Gs to suspects asked to remove hijabs | Toronto Sun

Egypt convicts female singers for 'insults' and 'debauchery'
Associated Press
Published:
February 28, 2018
This file photo taken on July 28, 2017 shows Egyptian singer Sherine Abdel Wahab performing during the 53rd session of the Carthage International Festival at the Roman Theatre in the ancient Tunisian city.FETHI BELAID / AFP/Getty Images
CAIRO — Egyptian courts have sentenced two singers to prison time for seemingly tame behaviour deemed threatening to society in a country growing increasingly repressive on all fronts.
One, the famous singer Sherine Abdel-Wahab, was given six months over a joke suggesting that the Nile River is polluted, which prosecutors used to accuse her of insulting the state. A fan had asked her to sing one of her popular songs referring to drinking from the river, Egypt’s lifeline, to which she playfully suggested that it’s safer to drink bottled water.
The other, little-known Laila Amer, was sentenced to two years for inciting “debauchery and immorality” with a music video in which she plays a downtrodden but belly-dancing housewife complaining to her husband about his bossy mother. The name of the song, “Bos Omak,” is a play on words with a popular Arabic profanity.
The charges, while not uncommon in matters of morality in conservative Egypt, come at a time when free speech in general is under assault by authorities and tolerance for different opinions seems to be reaching an all-time low ahead of next month’s presidential election, in which President Abdel-Fattah el-Sissi is set to win after other potential candidates were forced out of the race.
“Fundamentally this is a conservative regime that seeks in part to ground its legitimacy in its ability to defend the country’s ‘moral code,”‘ said Timothy Kaldas of the U.S.-based Tahrir Institute. “It reflects a long-term effort to demonstrate it’s no less committed to morality than the Islamists it has displaced.”
In this Oct. 24, 2017 file photo, Egyptian President Abdel-Fattah el-Sissi attends a military ceremony in the courtyard at the Hotel des Invalides in Paris, France. (Charles Platiau, Pool via AP, File)
El-Sissi, who overthrew his divisive Islamist predecessor in 2013, almost certainly will take a second mandate in March given that all serious competitors in the race have been disqualified or intimidated into dropping out. He faces only a single adversary, an obscure politician who supports him and registered at the last minute when it became clear no one else could face el-Sissi.
Muslim-majority Egypt has steadily grown more conservative over the past half century, although it maintains relatively vibrant arts and music scenes and is far more liberal than Gulf Arab countries.
Prosecutions for moral issues have grown, however, under el-Sissi’s leadership, which has ushered in the country’s fiercest crackdown on dissent and freedoms in its modern history.
In September, authorities arrested dozens of people after several waved an LGBT rainbow flag at a Cairo concert by a popular Lebanese indie rock band whose lead singer is openly gay. The band, Mashrou’ Leila, was later banned from performing in Egypt.
In December, another female singer named Shaimaa Ahmed faced similar charges to Amer over what was deemed racy content, being sentenced to two years in prison, reduced to one year on appeal. Her video showed her dancing in her underwear and suggestively licking an apple and eating a banana before a classroom of young men.
Egypt convicts female singers for ‘insults’ and ‘debauchery’ | Toronto Sun