Favorite Snacks

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
Pakora - a small, deep-fried snacks of India with chick-pea flour as an ingredient in the mixture. Vegetables, fish, or chicken are spiced with ginger.
The dunking bit must be tasty...we don't like chuntney...we use louisanna hot pepper sauce :oops: :oops: :oops:

manda

Council Member
Jul 3, 2005
swirling in the abyss of nowhere la
peapod said:
Pakora - a small, deep-fried snacks of India with chick-pea flour as an ingredient in the mixture. Vegetables, fish, or chicken are spiced with ginger.
The dunking bit must be tasty...we don't like chuntney...we use louisanna hot pepper sauce :oops: :oops: :oops:

That sounds soooo good....must find recipe.

I love bbq chicken nachos covered in hot peppers, salsa con queso, much queso, crema sur, y vegetales....mmmmmm yummy

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
The mama makes a awesome snack...prunes wraped in bacon...yum yum..although I don't really like bacon that much, she makes it kinda crispy, but they are very yummy!!!

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
There is a very short season

when we can buy Walla Walla sweet onions. I like a couple slices of good, fresh, whole wheat bread spread with mayonaise and quarter inch slices of sweet onion, and generous slices of sharp cheddar cheese and salt and pepper. One of my favourite sandwiches.

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
You could almost eat walla walla juan like a apple. Btw...that sandwich sounds tempting :p
Your description was really good, just the right bits of this and that, to where the reader could visualize :p

manda

Council Member
Jul 3, 2005
swirling in the abyss of nowhere la
Throw some red bell and jalepeno into that sandwich...mm..mm..mmmm

I just found a great recipe for beef and tomato curry that will go wonderfully over homeade chips smothered in old cheese. Yum thick fried potato wedges drenched in curry and sharp cheese...I'm drooling already

GreenGreta

Electoral Member
Jun 5, 2005
Lala Land
I'd like to try Manda's cookies. I like white choc and macadamia (current tim horton flavour). Any cookies with choc and pecans too. Shortbread cookies (Yeah, cosmo, you gotta be unpacked by now, where's my recipe).

I like cookies. I also like unsalted trail mix.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
peapod, Manda

Red bell peppers and jalepenos with the onion and cheese.....That could work....The original Walla Walla sandwich was mayonaise, onions and orange slices.....