Favorite Snacks

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
Well. I could maybe think of a couple exceptions. lol
Anyway, I like onion and mustard sandwiches, Cheetos Puffs, and dill pickle crisps. Soda crackers and MacLaren's Cheddar Cheese spread is good, too. Also soda crackers and smoked oysters.

sanctus

The Padre
Oct 27, 2006
Ontario
www.poetrypoem.com
This thread, after reading through it, has made me quite hungry! For me, I love bacon and cheese toasted sandwiches, slopped with lots of mayonaisse. Also a huge favourite is ice cream, any flavour but chocolate. I do not care for chocolate at all in any variety except chocolate bars.

TomG

Electoral Member
Oct 27, 2006
Oh well, I’ll be figurative; what the heck. Snack: A small bite that makes me happy for a time.

A limerick by an anonymous author I read in a book went:

“A tutor who taught on the flute.
Tried to teach two tooters to toot.
Said the two to the tutor,
Is it harder to toot,
Or to tutor two tooters to toot?”

However, this snack didn’t bring happiness until I read the limerick aloud, and then again, until the words rolled off my tongue. Life is like that I guess. The mere reading of words can reduce you to being a spectator to your own life. Words on a page or heard on the tube are from experiences that belong to somebody else. You simply witness somebody else’s experience. Happiness is putting yourself into the experiences you have--whatever those experiences might be.

The same limerick is contained in a book titled “Building Fluency—Grade 3.” Ah yes, 3rd graders probably have more wisdom than I. In the 3rd grade perhaps life comes in snacks--small bites that make you happy. Snacks are simple enough and immediate enough to participate in. Snacks place us in our own lives. In the 3rd grade you’d definitely read the limerick aloud.

So, try it and you’ll likely see. When the limerick rolls off your tongue you should feel happy. What happens to us when we grow up anyway? I guess that grown ups are so busy that they have meals. We have meals, and then what do we fill our lives with until the next meal? Oh well, we can always go out to eat. Now that I’ve beaten a metaphor to death and played the faux sage, I should just stop.