Favorite places in Alberta.

JonB2004

Council Member
Mar 10, 2006
RE: Favorite places in Al

I lived in Calgary for about 2 years. And yes, there are quite a few educated, friendly people in Calgary. But most of them are idiots.

Sassylassie

House Member
Jan 31, 2006
Jon, look up at the top of the home page for the forum rules, no insults or name calling is mentioned in the rules.

Canadian with a hyphen, I don't share Jon's views Alberta is no more Red Necked than anyother Province. I ride a horse, or I use to and I have cowboy boots. Am I a red neck no. It's rude to sterio-type an entire City or Province.

JonB2004

Council Member
Mar 10, 2006

Sassylassie, I said most of them are idiots. Not all of them. And I know there's alot of idiots in every other province. I'm not trying to stereotype anything. And I've read the forums rules. If you want to tell people what to do, go become a moderator.

Canadian with a hyphen

Electoral Member
Apr 9, 2006
Calgary
Sassylassie said:
Jon, look up at the top of the home page for the forum rules, no insults or name calling is mentioned in the rules.

Canadian with a hyphen, I don't share Jon's views Alberta is no more Red Necked than anyother Province. I ride a horse, or I use to and I have cowboy boots. Am I a red neck no. It's rude to sterio-type an entire City or Province.

Thank you Sassy...I Love my city ... I love the people of my city ... the high- educated as well as low-educated, i only moved to Calgary in 1997 and i didn't speak a word of english back then... I only spoke french ...Calgarians were never rednecks to me ... as matter of fact they tried to learn my french and teach me their english , they always had and always will have open arms to anyone from anywhere...
JonB.. i hope one day u change ur mind ...

Rachelle-

Sassylassie

House Member
Jan 31, 2006
Canadian with a Hyphen, what a breath of fresh air you are. Yes Alberta stole my heart 19 years ago when I first visited it. Alberta is growing so fast but Albertians are fun loving and warm hearted.

Outta here

Senate Member
Jul 8, 2005
Edmonton AB
Hi Rachelle,

I'm from Edmonton, and I don't think any of us in Alberta are idiots - we're all just people doin our best to do our best. Just like everybody else.

I thought it was extremely nice of you to offer to show JonB a different perspective... you showed an intelligent and kind response to an unkind remark.

Not sure why ya needed to do that Jon...hope ya got it outta yer system tho.

LittleRunningGag

Electoral Member
Jan 11, 2006
Calgary, Alberta
members.shaw.ca
Canadian with a hyphen said:
I Love my city ... I love the people of my city ... the high- educated as well as low-educated, i only moved to Calgary in 1997 and i didn't speak a word of english back then... I only spoke french ...Calgarians were never rednecks to me ... as matter of fact they tried to learn my french and teach me their english , they always had and always will have open arms to anyone from anywhere...
JonB.. i hope one day u change ur mind ...

I have to disagree. I like most of Alberta; I hate Calgary. I moved here in 1988. While I was growing up, a proper Albertan Conservative supporter, I loved this whole province.

As I got older, and gained a little insight into the world around me, I grew to recognise that the vast majority of Albertans (Calgarians in particular) are a bunch of uneducated, spoiled brats. They drive like the dickheads they are, and feel completely justified in treating those beneith them (socio-economically) like crap.

Serving the people of this city has only worsened my distain. Listening to the callers on the local talk radio station makes me angry every day. I can't wait to get out of this craphole and go somewhere else.

JonB2004

Council Member
Mar 10, 2006

LittleRunningGag, if you decide to go somewhere else, go to Montreal.

JonB2004

Council Member
Mar 10, 2006

Well, then go Ottawa. Get as far away from the west as you possibly can.

JonB2004

Council Member
Mar 10, 2006

The last thing we want is Alberta running Canada. Toro, do you live in the U.S.?

Outta here

Senate Member
Jul 8, 2005
Edmonton AB
Re: RE: Favorite places in Al

LittleRunningGag said:
......the vast majority of Albertans (Calgarians in particular) are a bunch of uneducated, spoiled brats.

LittleRunningGag said:
Well, first the wife has to finish her psychology degree

Jeezeus LRG, I'm sure you can connect the dots here..... pffffft

Outta here

Senate Member
Jul 8, 2005
Edmonton AB
ok. I'll bite. I'm not implying anything. I'm pointing out that it's a bit silly to say one's wife is getting her education in a place that one considers to be uneducated.

JonB2004

Council Member
Mar 10, 2006

And I'll make sure to stay as far away from that place as possible.