Favorite outdoor activity

Ten Packs

Council Member
Nov 21, 2004
Kamloops BC
Westsyde is nice... I used to live in Soak Hills about 25 years ago. Then to Vernon for 7 years, back and up to Mt. Dufferin, just past Duffys'. I have spilled a few beers there, I can tell ya. :) Got my picture above the bar, with all the "regs".

Been out here about 6 years. Love it. Great view of the river and the TCH.

mrmom2

Senate Member
Mar 8, 2005
Kamloops BC
Kamloops is a hard place to stay away from.Ihave been coming and going for about thirty years .I think I'm here to stay this time though.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
I have spilled a few beers there, I can tell ya. Smile Got my picture above the bar, with all the "regs".

Hmmm...sounds like one of Ten Packs' favourite outdoor activities is sitting in a dark bar drinking beer. I was going to make fun of him, but it's one of mine too. :lol: 8)

Hey Ten Packs...I have an RV question for you. I have a furnace, cooktop, and 3-way fridge out of that huge camper I had. I'm wondering what they're worth. They need some cleaning, but they work fine.

mrmom2

Senate Member
Mar 8, 2005
Kamloops BC
I spill my beers up in the mountains I'm going tomorrow with lots of beer .I would say the fridge is woth at least a hundred I would put the whole lot in the buy and sell for $250.00 obo

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
RE: Favorite outdoor acti

That's pretty good...I only paid $150 for the camper they came in.

Of course I had to risk Hanta virus while figuring out that fixing it would cost slightly more than a lottery win, then I had to chop it up with a sawzall and separate it into firewood and scrap metal.

There are actually a lot of days when I'm glad I'm not one of my neighbours, come to think of it. ;-)

Ten Packs

Council Member
Nov 21, 2004
Kamloops BC
Yeah - two, maybe two-fifty if youre lucky.... problem will be finding someone who actually wants them. But you never know - it's worth 5 bucks or so for an ad, just to find out.

Ten Packs

Council Member
Nov 21, 2004
Kamloops BC
Re: RE: Favorite outdoor acti

Reverend Blair said:
Mother Nature has kicked my ass a few times trying to pound that message home, Peapod.

That's probably because you try to DO stuff after having a drink, Rev - not allowed.

- Chop all your firewood first.
- Make sure you have ice and snacks.
- Set lawn-chairs up in stategic location, NEVER facing directly at the fire-pit (think ahead).
- Watch sunset with Vodka-and-grapefruit drink in hand. Take a good pull on it.
- Sigh softly and wonder what "the little people" are doing, right about now?
- Decide you don't give a sh*t, take another good pull.

zenfisher

House Member
Sep 12, 2004
Seattle

Ten Packs said:
Reverend Blair said:
Mother Nature has kicked my ass a few times trying to pound that message home, Peapod.

That's probably because you try to DO stuff after having a drink, Rev - not allowed.

:twisted: I've seen the Rev set fire to himself before he started drinking Ten Packs. Its good advice, but the Rev functions better with a few in him. :p

Ten Packs

Council Member
Nov 21, 2004
Kamloops BC

:twisted: I've seen the Rev set fire to himself before he started drinking Ten Packs. Its good advice, but the Rev functions better with a few in him. :p

Yeah, and then he blames the Docs for "trying to kill him".

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg

Yup...It's gotten me into trouble more than once.

You boys make sure you take those empties home with you to...Don't be leaving your garbage on the forest floor

Empties are my retirement plan, Peapod...when those bad boys go up to 15 cents a bottle, I'll be rich.

I've seen the Rev set fire to himself before he started drinking Ten Packs. Its good advice, but the Rev functions better with a few in him.

You've seen me set myself on fire in at least two states of sobriety, Zen...not sure if you remember the other though. Thanks for for putting me out, in any case.

Speaking which...

- Chop all your firewood first.

One year out at the Folk Festival Zen drank a bottle of tequila and decided to chop firewood. He was wearing a pair of shorts...no shoes, no shirt and, when you looked in his eyes, not a lot of service. The firewood was that stuff you don't need to cut that you buy in the campground. I gently retrieved the axe from Zen's hands and encouraged him to drink beer instead. He thought that was a fine idea.

Another time at the Folk Festival...actually a few years earlier...actually the year that Iit myself on fire while more or less sober...we (Zen and I) made a new friend. When he came wandering up and said he was from Montreal Lake a few bells went off. I've been to Montreal Lake.

We're nice guys though. We gave him a beer or two. Suddenly he was wandering around with the axe looking...menacing, I guess.