Favorite outdoor activity

EmmaDibbs

Electoral Member
Nov 26, 2004
Bournemouth, UK
It was great they played darts with caravans and conkers!! That's what they should be used for. That was on Top Gear. Then we have Bariniac- they blow up at least one caravan a week using various different methods- we had the liquid Oxygen (I think), Petrol ignited via shell suit, a variety of explosives, and so on...now that makes great viewing!!

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
hahahhahahha pogo stick

Emma Earthdancing is when the sisterhood gather on a beach and have a big fire. Sometimes we let a few men come..but only those in touch with their feminine side. :p We are allowed to bring tokens of things long since passed and tossed them into the fire. Each person is required to bring a bundle of the herb sage to toss in the fire..makes it smell really good.

Then we proceed with the earth dancing, you must have the correct music, things start off slow, but soon we are all dancing around the fire to a fevered pitch..than we descend into the plains of our ancestors and hunt the wooly mammoth, galaniomama watches out for the saber tooth....she is brave after she drinks a bottle of wine...This goes long into the night, and leaping is also involved...but ehm galaniomama usually takes a salty swim, as she always sets herself on fire when she tries to leap the fire....before dawn we collapse on the beach....fun eh?

EmmaDibbs

Electoral Member
Nov 26, 2004
Bournemouth, UK
sounds completely mad to me...must try it some day- of course- you are not allowed to light a fire on any of the Bournemouth or Poole beaches- not even allowed a BBQ!!!
So it's basically wine, fire and music??

no1important

Time Out
Jan 9, 2003
Vancouver
members.shaw.ca
NickFun said:
no1important said:
I like fishing and ice fishing. I also like to target shoot and check out so called meteor crashes.

Have you ever found a meteorite?

Yes. But its the ones I can't find that are interesting. Did anyone see that big meteorite over Vancouver Saturday night. It was on the news so I know I was not seeing things.

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
8O 8O 8O 8O So there was a metorite on saturday night. So I really did see that...I did see it no one important...but I thought it was a big firecracker or something, it was really fast to. Where did it crash? Has anyone found any pieces yet?

Ten Packs

Council Member
Nov 21, 2004
Kamloops BC
Rev Blair said:
If we could get them off the highways, all would be well.

Hey, Rev??? With all my love and respect, arm around your shoulder, clinking beer-glasses together, lookin' ya straight in the eye -

"Eat sh*t and die - 50 million flies can't be wrong!" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Emma: here's a pic of my unit (and I don't often make that statement to a Lady :wink: ):

But it WONT be "on the road" much this year - we have a spot at an RV Park, for the entire summer, just a few hundred yards from one of the nicest forested lakes in British Columbia.

EmmaDibbs

Electoral Member
Nov 26, 2004
Bournemouth, UK
Well that would certainly P**S me off if I got stuck behind your "UNIT" (if I do say so!!) It's very large!! (bet you're feeling good now) We tend to see smaller versions over here!

I'm stopping now! :)

galianomama

Council Member
Jun 29, 2004
Victoria, B.C.
emma - earthdancing is the very sole of our existing. go somewhere quiet, no talking - just listening. soon you will hear the call of the inner you, and before you know it, you are part of the earth dance. out here on the coast we do it all the time, so it is kinda expected. but still, just the same it is a great past time, or soul searching time, whatever..........

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
Hey, Rev??? With all my love and respect, arm around your shoulder, clinking beer-glasses together, lookin' ya straight in the eye -

"Eat sh*t and die - 50 million flies can't be wrong!"

...and at the rate you RV guys drive on the highway there are no doubt gonna be some flies gathering on you. :p

There's nothing like driving 70 KPH on a stretch of road where the speed limit is 100 and traffic normally moves at 120 for making friends and allies. :lol:

edgerunner

Electoral Member
Sep 28, 2004
Seattle
Please don't tell me that Tofino is a tourist trap, Peapod. When I stayed on Vancouver Island for that month on which is now Longbeach Provincial Park(i think). There was the best little bakery with sticky-buns in Tofino. Outdoors has camping on the ocean written all over it.
Hey that dancing thing sounds pretty fun. Also going to the desert in Eastern Washington and getting your nose hairs fried cuz it is 100+ degrees and swimming in sweet water. In the Cascade mountains up in elevation with good friends and this microbrewery in Roslyn and trying to keep the ice from melting. Going to the Gorge and wind-surfing on the river. Jumping off the cliffs of the Grand Coulee in to Deep Lake and ooooooooothat chill.
What a rush. Riding horses on trails with the flies and tails.
After a rain, walking in a cow pasture looking for magic 'shrooms that are indigenous to cow-pie-areas and then finding a little stream and just listening.
Going to a music/folk/crafts festival and watching all the folks.
Freezing the magic 'shrooms for this day and listening to blues on the streets of Seattle. Hey, Rev,,,,, be on the lookout for fine tunes coming your way. 2 weeks, tops.
Going to inner city park with tunes blasting(Los Lobos or War)
Trying to be as cool as possible amongst the chaos.
Going North, through customs to meet Peapod and Galiano.
Bringing them Bunnypants Cookies and Nanaimo Bars.
Getting a bikini-wax(fun????>?)

Ten Packs

Council Member
Nov 21, 2004
Kamloops BC
galianomama said:
ten packs - nice unit....do you guys camp all summer or just go up to the baby on the weekends?

We have rented the spot for the entire summer, hope to be taking it out by the end of the month. Mostly weekending, but we have two weeks in June and two in early September - north shore of the Shuswap.

6 or 8 miles east (to the left) of here.

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
:lol: :lol: Yo edge you are a wild women..you are scaring peapod now :lol: Ehm...sorry but when exactly did you stay in tofino?? tis a big old tourist trap....not to worry peapod will show you better spots. Ahhhhh...wait till we take you and zen to our italian bakery... :icescream:

edgerunner

Electoral Member
Sep 28, 2004
Seattle
It was in the summer of 1974, Peapod.We just visited Tofino then. We were camping on the beach North of there. Italian Bakeries are the best.....eh? There is one here in Garlic Gulch in Seattle where the early Italian Immigrants settled. They will make you a huge sheet cake all decorated pretty for $6.00. GET OUT!!!!!

edgerunner

Electoral Member
Sep 28, 2004
Seattle
It was in the summer of 1974, Peapod.We just visited Tofino then. We were camping on the beach North of there. Italian Bakeries are the best.....eh? There is one here in Garlic Gulch in Seattle where the early Italian Immigrants settled. They will make you a huge sheet cake all decorated pretty for $6.00. GET OUT!!!!!

edgerunner

Electoral Member
Sep 28, 2004
Seattle

mrmom2

Senate Member
Mar 8, 2005
Kamloops BC
Climbing straight up a mountain at 8000 ft on my snowmobile rocks my world .Theres nothing like it up there you feel like your on top of the world .