Favorite beer(s)?

selfactivated

Time Out
Apr 11, 2006
Richmond, Virginia
Should be all the same recipe cheif, depends how your barperson pours it though...needs a good 2 minutes to settle down half way thru usually...I leave it and either put sumthing else thru at just below the guiness mark, then finish it off.....usually with a four leaf clover....cus I can lol

I LOVE Guiness. I had my first proper guiness not to long ago with a 4 leaf clover on the top. I like the nes Pub I found . I walk in and the manager pours me one. Its a great feeling to sit and talk over a fine beer and good company.

When I was in England I tried Bitters.........YUCK! The barmaid laughed at my expresion! Now Im a girl that can do tequilla shooters NO training wheels and THAT brought tears to my eyes!!

I was also told in England it wasnt proper for a woman to drink guiness OR to drink alone. Wellll I broke both rules LOL

Last edited:

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
I like Guiness too.

But you don't get much opportunity to drink it in Florida. Its too hot here.
That shouldn't matter Toro, the right ttraditional way to drink it, is warm. Ick.

Tried it in Ireland, never finished it. Call me a wuss, but it was too heavy, lol. Felt like I had a brick in belly.

Toro

Senate Member
That shouldn't matter Toro, the right ttraditional way to drink it, is warm. Ick.

Tried it in Ireland, never finished it. Call me a wuss, but it was too heavy, lol. Felt like I had a brick in belly.

You're supposed to drink heavy beers - stoudt, dark ales - when its cold outside. It has the same effect as eating a hearty stew. It sticks to your ribs.

In the heat, you drink a lighter beer (as in lighter tasting, not calories) - light ales, lagers.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Hoffbrauhaus draft at the Octoberfest in Munich.....best in the world

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Ahhh... Juan found a neat little necrothread.

Sam Adams seasonal beers are pretty good.

Blue Moon Pale Ale aren't bad.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
I recently enjoyed a bottle of Gingerbeard. To die for. I just wish it wasn't so damn pricey.

relic

Council Member
Nov 29, 2009
Nova Scotia
I used to be a member of the famous Buuze for Lunch Bunch,whose motto was "if a bottle can hold it,I can drink it",but when it came to beer,I prefered India Pale ale or Pilsner.Where I was in the country dictated the brand.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Non-alcoholic beers taste terrible. Ginger beer is not bad though, and a particular malt beverage called Tiger is good too.