Farewell, Sgt Ryan Russell

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
I managed to hold it together through most of Sgt Ryan Russell’s funeral today until that is a very poignant and most fitting rendition of ‘You Are the Wind Beneath My Wings.’ If ever a song was more fitting I don’t know what it would be – the tears that fog my sight as I write this are my tribute to a good and decent young man taken far too early from this earth. Gaia bless and keep you, Ryan Russell.

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
Maybe this isn't exactly appropriate but I don't see a lot of difference.

Chiliagon

Prime Minister
May 16, 2010
Spruce Grove, Alberta
yeah he died needlessly but let's not go overboard here. if it were my own brother or relative I'd be pretty sad and upset but some stranger I don't know who chose to go over there and put his life on the line for something as stupid as this dumb Afghan conflict. I am not all that upset.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
of course not. I just don't mourn the deaths like that. that's like getting all teary eyed and losing control because your favorite actor died.

Chili, Sgt Ryan Russell was an 11-year veteran of the Toronto Police Department who died in the line of duty last week. From every account I have read and heard, he was an exemplary young man and was truly loved by many. Ryan was an organ donor and today a little girl has eyesight thanks to the gift of his eyes. This is the kind of man he was and I mourn the loss of anyone who gave and could yet have given so much to our world.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
this is very very sad indeed, makes one feel so helpless, and frustrated at the useless pieces
of crap that can wander the streets of our country, then choose to take the life of a real person,
which is something they are not, and proves that life isn't fair at all.

rest in peace, and my sincere thoughts to the family.

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
We are lucky to live in a Country where our Officers killed in the line of duty are not statistics.

A wonderful outpouring of support for a fallen Canadian Police Officer.

Reactions: Mowich

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
well now that I know he was a police officer and not a soldier in a stupid war...

that's different.

Wondering why you opened your mouth in the first place. Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm under the impression you have a voracious appetite for attention. :smile:

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
yeah he died needlessly but let's not go overboard here. if it were my own brother or relative I'd be pretty sad and upset but some stranger I don't know who chose to go over there and put his life on the line for something as stupid as this dumb Afghan conflict. I am not all that upset.

well now that I know he was a police officer and not a soldier in a stupid war...

that's different.

OK....that other Thread's existence is making some sense now.

I understand the passions involved here, but please try to keep the personal
attacks....tasteful? Ugh....that doesn't even make sense to me. Tone it down
please.

Reactions: Mowich