F*ck the Video Gaming Industry

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Remember how the entertainment industry was whining about pirating movies, games and music and such? Well, the game developers have no moral ground to stand on as more and more of them are becoming outright thieves.
EA is, without question, the worst of the bunch. I have about a half dozen EA titles that are stand alone games that require no active server. All but one of them I purchased the hard copy version of directly from the EA store. The other title I purchased at a game store. As of now I can no longer play ANY of them. They won't load and the ones I tried to reinstall wouldn't even install. My last title went "dark" about a year ago. I contacted EA four different times using three different methods and have never received any kind of response. I also noticed all the same titles are prepackaged on their hosting site, Origin, for sale of course, even if you already own a copy.

Then there's LOTRO. I'd been playing that since about 6 months after it went live. Played for years until my graphics card shit the bed. Went back after 18 months and a new company was running the game and the fuckers had wiped out all accounts that had been inactive for over a year without any warning or notice via e-mail. I literally put a few hundred bucks into that game and it was just stolen. Hell I had enough alternate characters to form my own kin so I could buy a kin-house as my own personal house, although at least that didn't require any real cash.

At this point I've said "fuck it". I will no longer purchase any more games for my computer nor put a dime into any of the shitty little game apps out there that I play from time to time. In fact there's one I'm playing right now that I'll admit I'm enjoying quite a bit. And it's tempting to buy one of the packages but nope, not gonna do it. I've learned my lesson.

There is ONE exception however, it's the ETS2/ATS series. The actual game itself is totally "vanilla" and was developed to be modded from the outside. This allows the developer to keep the game's basic performance levels suitable for as many potential players as possible while also allowing modders to create content for the game for themselves and so that they can share it so anyone can then use it themselves, for free. The game developer literally grew itself by hiring the best modders from the community to help create new content and revamp existing content and still continues to do so.

Other than that, the industry can go fuck itself.

• Wow
Reactions: Twin_Moose

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Remember how the entertainment industry was whining about pirating movies, games and music and such? Well, the game developers have no moral ground to stand on as more and more of them are becoming outright thieves.
EA is, without question, the worst of the bunch. I have about a half dozen EA titles that are stand alone games that require no active server. All but one of them I purchased the hard copy version of directly from the EA store. The other title I purchased at a game store. As of now I can no longer play ANY of them. They won't load and the ones I tried to reinstall wouldn't even install. My last title went "dark" about a year ago. I contacted EA four different times using three different methods and have never received any kind of response. I also noticed all the same titles are prepackaged on their hosting site, Origin, for sale of course, even if you already own a copy.

Then there's LOTRO. I'd been playing that since about 6 months after it went live. Played for years until my graphics card shit the bed. Went back after 18 months and a new company was running the game and the fuckers had wiped out all accounts that had been inactive for over a year without any warning or notice via e-mail. I literally put a few hundred bucks into that game and it was just stolen. Hell I had enough alternate characters to form my own kin so I could buy a kin-house as my own personal house, although at least that didn't require any real cash.

At this point I've said "fuck it". I will no longer purchase any more games for my computer nor put a dime into any of the shitty little game apps out there that I play from time to time. In fact there's one I'm playing right now that I'll admit I'm enjoying quite a bit. And it's tempting to buy one of the packages but nope, not gonna do it. I've learned my lesson.

There is ONE exception however, it's the ETS2/ATS series. The actual game itself is totally "vanilla" and was developed to be modded from the outside. This allows the developer to keep the game's basic performance levels suitable for as many potential players as possible while also allowing modders to create content for the game for themselves and so that they can share it so anyone can then use it themselves, for free. The game developer literally grew itself by hiring the best modders from the community to help create new content and revamp existing content and still continues to do so.

Other than that, the industry can go fuck itself.
sorry to hear that you got played. :(

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Oh, theft is capitalism now is it? Here's an idea. go steal something, get caught and then use "theft is capitalism." as your defense. I guess the phone scams are also Tec- approved capitalism? No? So what's the fucking difference, bud? Theft is theft.
And what was stolen from you, cupcake?

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun
Its surprising that micro transactions have become the force they are now.

That needs to be addressed. Cant remember but i think France or some European country went after purchasable random lootboxs because it was gambling a slot machine basically.

HarperCons

Council Member
Oct 18, 2015
This dumbass get owned by corporate profiteers, makes a raging thread about it, continues defending capitalism. lmao. we're really a doomed species.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
This dumbass get owned by corporate profiteers, makes a raging thread about it, continues defending capitalism. lmao. we're really a doomed species.
This coming from a subhuman commie shit bag who defends and supports a system that's stupid enough to take farmer's tools away from them and then sits around with their thumbs up their asses because they can't figure out why people are starving to death by the millions.

By the way, the theft was a result of the DMCA, legislation that leftist shit bag, commie-loving Dummycraps passed.

Reactions: taxslave