'EXTINCTION CRISIS': Nature in worst shape in human history, UN report says

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan

“Anything else you’re interested in is not going to happen if you can’t breathe the air or drink the water. Don’t sit this one out. Do something.” —Carl Sagan

LINK: http://www.nasa.gov/feature/goddard/2016/carbon-dioxide-fertilization-greening-earth
Carbon Dioxide Fertilization Greening Earth, Study Finds

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
"Daddy, I am thirsty"
"we all are son"
"but Daddy, I am thirsty"
"It will be done soon"
why do I have to wait Daddy, I am thirsty now"
"It will kill you if you drink it son"
"why would it do that?"
"it does not do that son, we did that to it"
"What do you mean Daddy?"
"we threw away all of our waste into the Earth,
and now this is what the Earth gives us in return"
"Why did we do that Daddy?"
"I do not know son"
and you thought explaining the birds and bees was a difficult thing to do..
AyaTeeStee

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
"Daddy, I am thirsty"
"we all are son"
"It will be done soon"
"why would it do that?"
"I do not know son"
AyaTeeStee
Prog shit.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC

The Extinction Rebellion Returns

Johnathan Pie - When it comes to the climate crisis you are either a hypocrite or an arsehole. The time has come to decide which you'd rather be.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
"Daddy, I am thirsty"
"we all are son"
"It will be done soon"
"why would it do that?"
"I do not know son"
AyaTeeStee

Science denier doesn't understand water treatment

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek

The Extinction Rebellion Returns

Johnathan Pie - When it comes to the climate crisis you are either a hypocrite or an arsehole. The time has come to decide which you'd rather be.

Jonathan Pie is a fictitious British news reporter, created and played by British actor and comedian Tom Walker, who formerly co-wrote the character with comedian and journalist Andrew Doyle. Wikipedia

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Extinction Rebellion Is a Secular Cult on Which to Keep an Eye

Cults obey a logic of their own and do not follow the parameters of mainstream logic.

Climate zealots who concertedly blockaded bridges and important public ways in order to help the planet against climate change defy common logic. Blockading traffic and at times endangering tens of thousands of commuters to pressure governments to listen to their eco-demands hurts more than helps the environment.

Vehicle emissions pollute the air and harm the environment by adding carbon dioxide (CO2) into the air. C02 accelerates the greenhouse effects, which in turn, climate enthusiasts believe, induces conditions for catastrophic climate change.

By the protestors’ own convictions, driving more and driving longer using petrol are activities that harm the planet. The same for idling engines. So, when the blockading protestors push people to drive longer and slower around their blockades or forcing people to idle for long periods of time, they are harming the environment.

The effect of their illogical actions will not kill the planet but is not insignificant. An average modern vehicle operating normally emits about 2.4 kilograms of CO2 per liter of gasoline. Older vehicles emit even more. And there is more. There are a variety of smog-causing agents, volatile organic compounds, carbon monoxide (a poisonous gas) and various nitrogen oxides out of a tail pipe. In addition, slow-moving vehicles through congested routes at about 30 kilometres per hour spend over 10 percent more fuel while vehicles that move in a stop-and-go manner at low speeds increase upward of 47 percent. Diesel vehicles emit about 15 per cent more than a regular gasoline engine on average.

The cumulative effect of hundreds of thousands of vehicles in Canada and millions around the world idling for extended periods of time or forced to drive longer and more slowly add millions of kilograms of pollutants and more C02 needlessly into the air. All this at a time when there supposedly exists an ecological emergency, putting out fires with gasoline.

The blockade organizers call themselves Extinction Rebellion (XR). They are secular cult zealots, calling sinners to mend their ways lest they be condemned to the fires of hell; they believe that the planet is headed toward the demise of our civilization unless we heed their call and stop consuming hydrocarbons. Expressing their end-of-times mentality, their symbol is an hourglass, driving the point that the planet is running out of time.

XR members see themselves conducting a “non-violent rebellion against the governments of the world for climate and ecological justice.” Their “rebellious” agenda is propelled by the radical belief that we live an “unprecedented global emergency.” “Life on Earth is in crisis.”

Their website claims “The Truth”: “Scientist agree we have entered a period of abrupt climate breakdown and we are in the midst of a mass extinction of our own making.”

Readers will recognize these words from a teenager’s famous “How Dare You” UN address, not because XR are her followers, but because she was a messenger of their radical agenda.

How radical? Radical enough that they alone hold the truth and the moral authority to save humanity. Their message is a feedback loop of beliefs, typical to closed belief systems. The words of a Halifax bridge-blockading activists, screamed at a woman riding a bicycle (!) with the circular echoes of Thunberg wrath, show how children indoctrinated into an existential angst are then used by parents as a justification for their actions: “Our children think that they should not have children. That is how much we are stealing their future.”

Extinction Rebellion’s blocking of bridges around the world aims to establish an eco-centered oligarchy: governments of the world must accept their beliefs and declare a climate and ecological emergency; the same governments must commit to slaughtering their economies to arrive to net zero emissions by 2025; and governments must submit their authority to what XR call “Citizens’ Assemblies on Climate and Ecological Justice.”

The latter is nothing short of a transfer of democratic power to oligarchies of frantic enviro-zealots compelled by their imagined threat of planetary doom.

XR are prepared to go to prison and, like most cults, are prepared to wreak havoc onto the world until the world meets their demands and converts, non-violently for now. But that may change. Their sense of urgency may turn in frustration to violent desperation, prompting their twisted logic to jump to criminal action.

However well-meaning they may appear on the surface, we ought not too easily dismiss these eco-zealots and their potentially dangerous disposition.

fcpp.org/2019/10/12/extinction-rebellion-is-a-secular-cult-on-which-to-keep-an-eye/

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
ExxonMobil CEO Depressed After Realizing Earth Could End Before They Finish Extracting All The Oil

IRVING, TX—In the wake of a report by the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change that projected the planet had only a decade to prevent catastrophic global warming, ExxonMobil CEO Darren Woods was reportedly feeling depressed Wednesday after realizing the Earth could end before they finished extracting all the oil. “When I read about the report, it just hit me like a ton of bricks—we could all die and leave billions of barrels of petroleum trapped in the ground forever,” said Woods, wiping away a tear as he added that the entire oil industry was heartbroken by the thought that they might not have the decades they needed to extract all the oil from the planet as they had originally thought. “We’ve already laid out plans for gas production by future generations of ExxonMobil employees, so it’s just very traumatic for me to consider the idea that they might never get the chance to enjoy the same profits we do now. Just think, one day soon, we’ll all be gone and that oil will still be there in the Earth, never to be removed. It’s a travesty.” At press time, Woods announced ExxonMobil’s plans to quadruple its oil production in an effort to extract it all from the Earth while there was still time.

https://www.theonion.com/exxonmobil-ceo-depressed-after-realizing-earth-could-en-1829656820