Easter time for bible/christian movies

Murphy

Executive Branch Member
Apr 12, 2013
Ontario
Indeed. My late mother used to say that there was something to be said about Yul Brenner or Charlton Heston in a skirt. :lol:

Murphy

Executive Branch Member
Apr 12, 2013
Ontario
I haven't seen Easter Parade in years. I have it on DVD somewhere. Will have to dig it out.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
[youtube]av2ModwQbJY[/youtube]

[youtube]bgfzy3eqoXk[/youtube]

Pick your poison..

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
Just the other day I watched the Catholic movie "Little Flowers of St Francis" by Rossellini:

While the movie had a good seasonal/holiday message, it was done rather poorly. Critic did not like it back then but gradually came to like it years later.

Murphy

Executive Branch Member
Apr 12, 2013
Ontario
TV Tonight: In ancient New York City, rival gangs have it out, in an effort to control turf and to escape the violence of the streets. All scar cast. Language. Situations. Rated R for Religious.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
I usually end up watching the original Jesus Christ Superstar. While not a fan of bible movies or musicals, JCS has some incredible singers and great music. The guy that plays Judas is amazing.

That being said, for once I have to agree with Cliffy. Life of Brian is the best "bible" movie of all time.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
I just find it funny that the date of what is probably the most holy Christian holiday floats around based entirely on the phase of the moon, just like a good ol' "pagan" religious holiday. :lol:

Murphy

Executive Branch Member
Apr 12, 2013
Ontario
There are ties between the two. Many were compromises so that pagans would get with the religious program. The same has been said about the winter solstice and Christmas.

On my birfday, which I might add, is celebrated on the same day every year, figures made of straw/sticks and creatures made from corn stalks are erected in one of my fields and we celebrate.

Just sayin'.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
There are ties between the two. Many were compromises so that pagans would get with the religious program. The same has been said about the winter solstice and Christmas.
Oh, I know why it was done that way. But it still doesn't make it any less amusing.

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
Today, Good Friday, a billion otherwise sane humans will celebrate a man, who they also believe was God, getting brutally murdered and then coming back to life three days later. They will also tell you that he is still alive to this day. Easter is bat-shit crazy.........

Catholics in the Philippines re-enacted the crucifixion of Jesus Christ in a gory display of devotion on Good Friday

Catholics in the Philippines re-enact crucifixion, pray for drug victims | Reuters