Easter 2016

selfsame

Time Out
Jul 13, 2015
What rises from dead? Spirit only, when you've been dead a few times you get used to it. Pile up the blocks again, theirs nothing else to do. Eternal blocks, eternal dark, the end is always near. Repent.

In every generation there are many prophecies or foretellings: derived from revelations and from hadiths or from words ascribed to prophets.

E.g. When John Baptist started to call people to repent and be ready for the Next Life, and many sinners went to him and he prayed God for their behalf and they repented and washed in the Jordan River.
So his acts were taken into consideration by people and by the rabbis at his time, then a delegation went to ask him.

At that time there were three prophecies about persons: important persons or apostles or messengers:
These three personalities had not appeared yet, but the prophecy about them was circling among the public and people anticipate their coming; these three persons were:

1- The Christ (or the Messieh)
2- The Prophet (or Prophet Mohammed)
3- Elia of the Last Days (or Ali: Mohammed-Ali the Mahdi, who will be raised in the Last Days)

Therefore, a delegation out of the rabbis and scholars went to John Baptist and asked him:
Are you the Christ?
He said: No.
They said: Are you the Prophet?
They said: Are you Elia?
They said: What are you then?
He said: I am a voice crying out in the wilderness ...etc.

See this in the Gospel of John 1: 19-23:
"[19] And this is the record of John, when the Jews sent priests and Levites from Jerusalem to ask him, Who art thou?
[20] And he confessed, and denied not; but confessed, I am not the Christ.
[21] And they asked him, What then? Art thou Elias? And he saith, I am not. Art thou that prophet? And he answered, No.
[22] Then said they unto him, Who art thou? that we may give an answer to them that sent us. What sayest thou of thyself?
[23] He said, I am the voice of one crying in the wilderness, Make straight the way of the Lord, as said the prophet Esaias."

The Gospel of John (KJV King James Version)

================================================================

Also one of such prophecies or foretelling that was circling among the public was this:
A man will rise from the dead, and they knew him as Elia who will rise in the Last Days.

So after the incident of the crucifixion (in fact Jesus Christ was not crucified, but Pilate released him because he was convinced of his innocence; so he crucified another one in stead of him; that one was a criminal in prison)
Therefore when the disciples saw Jesus alive after the incident of the crucifixion, they thought they saw a spirit (this indicates clearly that Jesus did not tell them that he will be crucified then will be resurrected), so they were surprised when they saw him and they feared, but he ate food before them ..etc.

Then some people thought that he was the one meant by the prophecy: that a certain man will rise from the dead; so they applied that prophecy to him; while in fact he was not crucified neither did he rise from the dead; but Jesus was released secretly by Pilate, and then he went to Syria where he died on Quasseon mountain, so his body was buried there while his soul went back to heaven to be in the neighborhood of God Most Gracious.

selfsame

Time Out
Jul 13, 2015
What rises from dead? Spirit only, when you've been dead a few times you get used to it. Pile up the blocks again, theirs nothing else to do. Eternal blocks, eternal dark, the end is always near. Repent.

Of course you are true, no one die then will be resurrected and return to life once again, unless if God wants to demonstrate a miracle: this is exceptional.
One said to me once: Who went to the Next Life then returned again to tell us what is there!?
He said this of course for denial and disbelief; but now I know some men went to the Next Life then came back again like for example: Abu abd-Allah when he was child.
Hour with Ghosts

===============================================================

You, of course, have some billy link to interpret as proof of the unprovable "fact"?

Be certain that your ancestors could not crucify him, and he was freed by Pilate, and the one crucified was someone else. :lol:

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
My ancestors came from nowhere near Rome

Nor did mine. The problem was that Rome came to them.

"Prasutagus, the late king of the Icenians, in the course of a long reign had amassed considerable wealth. By his will he left the whole to his two daughters and the emperor in equal shares, conceiving, by that stroke of policy, that he should provide at once for the tranquility of his kingdom and his family.

The event was otherwise. His dominions were ravaged by the centurions; the slaves pillaged his house, and his effects were seized as lawful plunder. His wife, Boudicca, was disgraced with cruel stripes; her daughters were ravished, and the most illustrious of the Icenians were, by force, deprived of the positions which had been transmitted to them by their ancestors. The whole country was considered as a legacy bequeathed to the plunderers. The relations of the deceased king were reduced to slavery."

The Chronicles of Tacitus

Last edited:

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
The Lord is risen!
I think that is just about everybody Walter, you should be able to get into the details of your sermon that brought that inspirational statement. Tad shy on the details so without further delay, . . . (play usual disclaimer) , . .

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
It's a good family holiday . All the stuff about this , that and the other concerning Easter doesn;t matter to me.If families get together and enjoy the day that's a good enough reason to observe the holiday for me.

Shet ye trap Selfslop ye bullshyt yeself. :)

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
My Christ has not risen yet this year...
Which calendar are you using? If risen was 'alive' then that happened a very long time ago.

Proverb:8:22:
The LORD possessed me in the beginning of his way,
before his works of old.
Proverb:8:23:
I was set up from everlasting,
from the beginning,
or ever the earth was.

It's a good family holiday . All the stuff about this , that and the other concerning Easter doesn;t matter to me.If families get together and enjoy the day that's a good enough reason to observe the holiday for me.

Shet ye trap Selfslop ye bullshyt yeself. :)
If this is an example of how the conversation goes at dinner I'll bet you have standing room only every night of the year.

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
Which calendar are you using? If risen was 'alive' then that happened a very long time ago.

Proverb:8:22:
The LORD possessed me in the beginning of his way,
before his works of old.
Proverb:8:23:
I was set up from everlasting,
from the beginning,
or ever the earth was.

If this is an example of how the conversation goes at dinner I'll bet you have standing room only every night of the year.
take your pills

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004

My God, punctuation just isn't your thing, is it. Most kids, by the time they finish elementary school, know how to use commas and apostrophes properly.